Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 08-25-2020, 07:54 AM   #1
stillshaded
Human being with feelings

Default Stuck notes like crazy with Image-line Synths

Two of my favorite instruments are basically unusable due to stuck notes.

Sytrus and Harmor, by imageline. That's basically my bug report lol. It's been this way ever since I started using Reaper. There's really no replacement for Harmor, so I hope it is fixed eventually.

thanks
stillshaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:07 AM   #2
stillshaded

also getting them in U-he Diva as well.

Just to clear a couple of things up:

I'm on windows 8.1

Also, this doesn't happening when I'm playing via my midi controller, but happens about 75% of the time on playback.
Old 08-28-2020, 12:08 PM   #3
stillshaded

Add Waves Flow motion to the list.

this is a bit frustrating lol. These are like all my favorite synths.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:42 AM   #4
dupont

this is an old Reaper bug, I still get stuck notes with Reveal sound Spire and Arturia pigment.
I'm afraid this bug will never be solved.
dupont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 09:17 AM   #5
stillshaded

This is so strange to me. It's such basic functionality, it can really grind my workflow to a halt, when it's otherwise pretty fantastic.

I wonder what the explanation is? Have they identified the cause but it's too daunting to fix? Maybe it's not quite common enough to demand attention?
Old 09-04-2020, 12:25 PM   #6
dupont

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillshaded View Post
This is so strange to me. It's such basic functionality, it can really grind my workflow to a halt, when it's otherwise pretty fantastic.

I wonder what the explanation is? Have they identified the cause but it's too daunting to fix? Maybe it's not quite common enough to demand attention?
this was reported many times but developers has not yet communicated about this.
I agree it is a shame and I sometimes I switch to another DAW but I suppose it is not an easy one to solve.
What the purpose of adding features after features is the basic functions are not working properly ?
That's nonsense.

In my opinion Reaper is more and more an audio DAW but not the best to work with plugin instruments.
dupont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:00 AM   #7
stillshaded

I've made some very interesting observations today, and i'm going to try and describe them. They might provide some clues.

So, I was trying to make Harmor create stuck notes today. I manage to succeed by cloning midi items haphazardly on top of each other. Eventually, this succeeded. When playback reached a certain point, it would always create a hung note.

Now here's where it gets interesting. I then hit undo and got rid of the cloned midi item, so there were now no funny overlapping notes. But, the midi notes still got stuck in the same place! The plugin somehow remembered... very strange.

So at this point, I deleted the instance of harmor, and then I hit undo again, bringing it back up. Now, when I hit play, it did not create stuck notes. That somehow cleared its "memory" of the stuck notes.

So, after this. I dragged some midi items together and created stuck notes once more. This time, I glued the items together, deleted harmor and hit undo. This also got rid of the stuck notes.

Anyway, I hope this will yield some insight on the workings of this issue, thanks.