Old 09-20-2013, 04:04 AM   #1
lubvic
Human being with feelings

Default Action to send OSC from reaper, possible?

as title, i need to send a bank+ / bank- to my tablet pushing a button on my bcf, when switching banks... i'm going mad, don't figure out how to workaround it!

is it possible to convert a PC/CC to osc without puredata or third party software plugins?

thanks!

ah, for anyone intrested, i can share my layout sized for 1024x600 screens on android.
lubvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:13 AM   #2
lubvic

another strange behaviour is that when i move the bcr rotay my touchosc update in realtime the virtual rotary on screen, when i move faders or pan, touchosc can't update screen... i need to refresh devices to match the bcf(s)
Old 09-24-2013, 03:13 AM   #3
lubvic

ok, trying to solve by myself, i'm considering to use a dummy js plugin to learn "bank+" "bank-" from touchosc and resend to it assigning a midi cc from my bcf2000 to a button into the plugin, but.... how can i tell reaper to send tho osc message to my tablet from the control surface settings in reaper? i mean, i have two tablet, with two .reaperosc configuration, ho to tell reaper which tablet to send? i need only to switch banks on tablet 2, not 1.

if i was not clear, i need to switch banks on touchosc from my bcf2000, so that the banks on both devices match.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:25 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubvic View Post
ok, trying to solve by myself, i'm considering to use a dummy js plugin to learn "bank+" "bank-" from touchosc and resend to it assigning a midi cc from my bcf2000 to a button into the plugin, [...]
Good thinking, JS dummies are incredibly useful. But I'm afraid "learning" won't work, as learned MIDI nor OSC bindings provide feedback.
Quote:
[...] but.... how can i tell reaper to send tho osc message to my tablet from the control surface settings in reaper? i mean, i have two tablet, with two .reaperosc configuration, ho to tell reaper which tablet to send? i need only to switch banks on tablet 2, not 1.

if i was not clear, i need to switch banks on touchosc from my bcf2000, so that the banks on both devices match.
I don't think you can distinguish between devices directly - what you can do, is to configure the same OSC action descriptions differently for multiple .ReaperOSC configurations, or implement them in only one of them, skip it in the other.

Fwiw: if you would not insist on doing this "without puredata" or such, I think the solution would be easier, for now. But it definitely does make sense to see where the current OSC specs can be improved so that it wouldn't require any external tools, and put up a FR for whatever we still find missing.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #5
lubvic

thanks Banned, i need to learn a midi cc in the dummy js, and then send it to touchosc as osc command bank+ bank-.
So, i press a button on bcf2000 (preset button), send CC to js plugin and send osc to touchosc, will this chain works?

as solution, i found the inverse working with bidule as vst into master channel, converting midi coming from touchosc as program change and merging into a loopmidi channel with bcf2000 midi input and send the result to bcf... much complicate to write thant to do.

i'd prefer to shift banks from bcf2000-->touchosc rather then touchosc-->bcf2000.

I'm using it into my studio, and most of all, i need to setup an easy startup, without using pure data (that i use much elsewhere...), becouse i'm not the only one to work in it and, more, i hate the fact that i have to launch many programs to achive results...

Edit: is it possible to switch specific bank as OSC messages? like bank2, bank3, bank4 insted of bank+ o -?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-K...o/DSC_9926.jpg

This is the actual configuration, u can understand that is really important to match the bcf2000 with touchosc bank, otherwise, i'd go into madness!

Last edited by lubvic; 09-24-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
thanks Banned, i need to learn a midi cc in the dummy js, and then send it to touchosc as osc command bank+ bank-.
So, i press a button on bcf2000 (preset button), send CC to js plugin and send osc to touchosc, will this chain works?
I could be wrong, but don't think that will work.
Quote:
as solution, i found the inverse working with bidule as vst into master channel, converting midi coming from touchosc as program change and merging into a loopmidi channel with bcf2000 midi input and send the result to bcf... much complicate to write thant to do.

i'd prefer to shift banks from bcf2000-->touchosc rather then touchosc-->bcf2000.

I'm using it into my studio, and most of all, i need to setup an easy startup, without using pure data (that i use much elsewhere...), becouse i'm not the only one to work in it and, more, i hate the fact that i have to launch many programs to achive results...
I see. But, if you convert the MIDI from the BCR-2000 to OSC and vice versa, you also get feedback to the BCR-2000! In glorious 14 bit resolution, even! To me, that is more than enough reason to justify inserting something like Pd between REAPER and a BCR-2000.
Quote:
Edit: is it possible to switch specific bank as OSC messages? like bank2, bank3, bank4 insted of bank+ o -?
Not sure, will try later... Perhaps it's supposed to, but buggy. If it is not yet implemented, it would make an excellent FR.
Quote:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-K...o/DSC_9926.jpg

This is the actual configuration, u can understand that is really important to match the bcf2000 with touchosc bank, otherwise, i'd go into madness!
Yeah, of course. Nice little setup, btw!
Old 09-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #7
lubvic

thanks Banned,

I'm considering to use PD... but i think it'd be pain in my ass to write a patch for all the functions i made in the touchosc layout, hundred of commands... faders, pannings, actions, transports ecc...

by now, everything works as i need, only this "bank shift" problem!!! really frustrating.

anyway, it'd be great to fix adnd implement some buggy osc command on reaper!

Last edited by lubvic; 09-24-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:14 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
thanks Banned,

I'm considering to use PD... but i think it'd be pain in my ass to write a patch for all the functions i made in the touchosc layout, hundred of commands... faders, pannings, actions, transports ecc...

by now, everything works as i need, only this "bank shift" problem!!! really frustrating.

anyway, it'd be great to fix adnd implement some buggy osc command on reaper!
Yeah, my Pd patch has become a bit too large to comfortably manage. But that's only because you can do so much more this way, I keep on stacking stuff.

In your case, if you only need this one tiny thing, you would only need a tiny Pd patch too, of course.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #9
lubvic

you're right, but, if i start using PD, it'll take my hand, for sure i'll make the patch for all the commands, no short measure! hahaha, anyway, tonight i'll try the warkaround as above, before putting PD in the match!
You'll be really kind if u check the bank2,3,4... stuff!

keep in touch
Old 09-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #10
lubvic

mmmm... i'm missing something, i tryed with dummy js, i can learn from touchosc (osc messages) and from bcf2000, but after?
need to write something into js plugin to send back osc?

it reacts to incoming CC from bcf and stop. how to tell to send bank+ osc message to touchosc?
Old 09-27-2013, 06:15 AM   #11
lubvic

ok, probably i found a way... a different aproach to the problem.

if i set up two bcf2000's in mcu compatibility mode (in this way i have feedbak too ;-) ), i'm able to switch 16 tracks at a time on bcf2000's linked, but it rise a new problem... the first touchosc tablet displays bank 1-8, the second bank 9-16, but to be able to see tracks from 9-16 i need to configure .reaperosc file like this:

DEVICE_TRACK_COUNT 16

and with this settings, when tablet2 receives bank+ from puredata, it switches to 25-32 (because of the 16 tracks count).
So i have tablet1 with bank 9-16 and tablet2 with bank 25-32 (it should be 17-24).

The answer is, is it possible to shift starting banks +8 on tablet2 from reaper?
or do you have some workaround?
I tryed putting specific track numbers in touchosc side,but to get information on tracks 9-16 i need to setup .reaperOSC with 16 tracks so it switches 16 tracks again.
i'm in a loop!