Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 09-10-2020, 02:29 AM   #1
H000W
Human being with feelings

Default Looking for a workaround for a broken pitch wheel that's sending out unwanted info

Unfortunately the pitch wheel on my midi controller (an old-ish M-Audio Keystation 88es) no longer returns to zero, and steadfastly returns about a quarter tone sharp instead. I haven't been able to fix it and had no luck with their support, so until I buy a new controller I'm looking for a work around.

Ideally I'd just like to globally disable incoming info from the pitch wheel. Does anyone know if there's an option for this that I haven't found in Reaper?

I've tried the various midi related plugins/js scripts; There doesn't seem to be an option in the Js:Midi Tool plugin that deals with the pitch wheel. There is a way using Js: Midi Wheel LFO to continually reset the pitch wheel to 0, but putting an instance of this over every track in a large orchestral template takes up a bunch of cpu & ram usage, and there is still the possibility that if I bump the wheel momentarily, pitch info will get through.

I've tried the program TransMIDIfier, but had no luck. There are some other midi tools out there but many of them look *ancient* and the sites they're on lack info, and make me a bit wary to download from them.

Any help here would be much appreciated. Thanks!
H000W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 02:57 AM   #2
Dark Fader

Maybe assign pitch to something else using learn?
Dark Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 09:13 PM   #3
H000W

Thanks, I'll look into that. Might be a good work around for some instruments.

I also found a workaround to get Kontakt to ignore pitchbend here, courtesy of Mr Evil Dragon:

https://vi-control.net/community/thr.../#post-4566141
H000W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 10:11 PM   #4
gwok

you'd lose cc wheel too, but you could try disabling incoming cc's in pref>mididevice>yourcontroller
gwok is offline   Reply With Quote