Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 04-20-2021, 07:39 PM   #1201
Cloudswim
Human being with feelings

Hi there, Im getting this message in the console.

ReaLearn warning: The preset that is about to load was saved with a newer version of ReaLearn. Things might not work as expected. Even more importantly: Saving the preset might result in loss of the data that was saved with the new ReaLearn version! Please consider upgrading your ReaLearn installation to the latest version.

I've had this since I've installed ReaLearn
Cloudswim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 03:05 AM   #1202
dna598

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgoboss View Post
Which buttons? And since which RC?

I jumped from pre5 to RC5. In RC5 button mappings on my xtouch mini didn't work.
dna598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 03:59 AM   #1203
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudswim View Post

ReaLearn warning: The preset that is about to load was saved with a newer version of ReaLearn. Things might not work as expected. Even more importantly: Saving the preset might result in loss of the data that was saved with the new ReaLearn version! Please consider upgrading your ReaLearn installation to the latest version.

Probably you are using some presets that I unfortunately pushed out too soon which use the current 2.8.0 prereleases. Just ignore it for now, hope to have a final release of 2.8.0 soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna598 View Post
I jumped from pre5 to RC5. In RC5 button mappings on my xtouch mini didn't work.
Without more information I can't fix this. Can you try if it works on RC4, RC3, ... etc.? Having a RPP file and some detailed words about what buttons are not working (Mapping names) would be good.
helgoboss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 04:12 AM   #1204
Cloudswim

Quote:
Probably you are using some presets that I unfortunately pushed out too soon which use the current 2.8.0 prereleases. Just ignore it for now, hope to have a final release of 2.8.0 soon.
are not working (Mapping names) would be good.
Thanks, sent you a PM perhaps your inbox is full.

On a another note, not sure if this is related to Realearn. I tried mapping the pitch control on ReaSamplomatic5000. Whenever I turn the dedicated knob the "pitch value" jumps to -62.4 a and the value would not go any higher beyond this point (using the mouse I can tweak the value up and down). Similar behaviour with Volume value as well which will just jump to -13.2. Other parameters like ADSR seems to be working as expected. Had anyone experienced this? I tried this with two controllers and the same behaviour for both. thanks!

Last edited by Cloudswim; 04-21-2021 at 04:26 AM.
Cloudswim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 07:25 AM   #1205
mozart999uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudswim View Post

I'm getting this as well. Repeated twice in the console output window.

I have an instance of REalearn 1 on one track, with a preset that I created myself, and an instance of Realearn 2.7.1 on another track, again with a different preset I've made myself.

I'm happy to replace my instance of Realearn 1 with V2 but I can't find the V1 presets in the drop down menu for Version 2.
mozart999uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 07:47 AM   #1206
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozart999uk View Post
I'm getting this as well. Repeated twice in the console output window.

I have an instance of REalearn 1 on one track, with a preset that I created myself, and an instance of Realearn 2.7.1 on another track, again with a different preset I've made myself.

I'm happy to replace my instance of Realearn 1 with V2 but I can't find the V1 presets in the drop down menu for Version 2.
You have 1 and 2 running at the same time? Wouldn't even have thought that's possible because they use the same internal ID. Anyway, I explained further above why the console output appears. If you can't find the VST presets in the new ReaLearn, why not try REAPER's preset export/import (rpl or something)? Or use "Export/import from/to clipboard" manually.
Old 04-21-2021, 08:01 AM   #1207
pyrannial

I would like a mapping to be only active when track name is not equal to some value. I have seen that in the manual this is possible with an EEL expression.

I am not a coder but I did take a look at how to achieve it but unfortunately I am coming up blank. So far I am trying
Code:
GetTrackName(GetSelectedTrack(0,0),"")
and also
Code:
GetSetMediaTrackInfo_String(GetSelectedTrack(0,0), trackName, P_NAME)
and I think I am on the right road, but just in case anybody knows how to do this, I would appreciate some help - especially what to enter in the condition box in ReaLearn.
pyrannial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 08:20 AM   #1208
mozart999uk

Quote:
You have 1 and 2 running at the same time? Wouldn't even have thought that's possible because they use the same internal ID. Anyway, I explained further above why the console output appears. If you can't find the VST presets in the new ReaLearn, why not try REAPER's preset export/import (rpl or something)? Or use "Export/import from/to clipboard" manually.
Thanks managed to copy the settings over to V2.

Regards the warning you said this "Probably you are using some presets that I unfortunately pushed out too soon which use the current 2.8.0 prereleases. Just ignore it for now, hope to have a final release of 2.8.0 soon."

As I'm not using any of your presets and I'm not using a pre-release I didn't think that applied here :-)
Old 04-21-2021, 08:22 AM   #1209
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrannial View Post
I would like a mapping to be only active when track name is not equal to some value. I have seen that in the manual this is possible with an EEL expression.

I am not a coder but I did take a look at how to achieve it but unfortunately I am coming up blank. So far I am trying
Code:
GetTrackName(GetSelectedTrack(0,0),"")
and also
Code:
GetSetMediaTrackInfo_String(GetSelectedTrack(0,0), trackName, P_NAME)
and I think I am on the right road, but just in case anybody knows how to do this, I would appreciate some help - especially what to enter in the condition box in ReaLearn.
That's not possible. You can use the language EEL in some of ReaLearn's fields but you can't access any ReaScript functions from there. It's the same language but not the same ecosystem.
Old 04-21-2021, 08:23 AM   #1210
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozart999uk View Post
Thanks managed to copy the settings over to V2.

Regards the warning you said this "Probably you are using some presets that I unfortunately pushed out too soon which use the current 2.8.0 prereleases. Just ignore it for now, hope to have a final release of 2.8.0 soon."

As I'm not using any of your presets and I'm not using a pre-release I didn't think that applied here :-)
Still, it should be gone with upcoming 2.8.0 final (unless of course you go back to a previous version with projects/presets saved in a later version, in which case the message is justified).
Old 04-21-2021, 08:38 AM   #1211
mozart999uk

Quote:
Still, it should be gone with upcoming 2.8.0 final (unless of course you go back to a previous version with projects/presets saved in a later version, in which case the message is justified).
Thanks. Looking forward to the release. I can live with the warning for now.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:00 AM   #1212
buschag

Default Problems after changing modes

I am switching my xtouch one from cc rel mode to MC std mode based on the recommendation on the website. Now when I learn the fader, the source type shows as pitch wheel and the fader will move according to reaper but then jumps back to zero after a few seconds on the controller.
buschag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 01:32 PM   #1213
Lopez

Sorry if this is an obvious dumb question...

When I "add one" and setting source to my Arturia Minilab MK2 rotary, and target to any kind of VSTi target, e.g. filter cutoff, it works perfectly!

Now, I disconnect my Minilab, but I still want to control the targets.
I thought I could set it to virtual 1 (source) and then control it via
Param -> FX parameter list -> Show in track control -> Parameter 1
but it's not!?

So, is there any way to control the sources with track controls instead of a midi device?
Old 04-22-2021, 02:22 PM   #1214
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschag View Post
I am switching my xtouch one from cc rel mode to MC std mode based on the recommendation on the website. Now when I learn the fader, the source type shows as pitch wheel and the fader will move according to reaper but then jumps back to zero after a few seconds on the controller.
Pitch Wheel is correct. That's how all Mackie Control (MC) devices transmit fader movements because Pitch Wheel has a high resolution.

I assume you set controller preset to "Mackie Control" and main preset to "DAW control". I can't reproduce this "jump back to zero" behavior. E.g. I assign it to a volume fader and change some volume and the fader just stays at the last set volume. Unless your automation mode is set to "Touch" or "Read"? Then REAPER of course snaps back to the value that's on the envelope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Sorry if this is an obvious dumb question...

When I "add one" and setting source to my Arturia Minilab MK2 rotary, and target to any kind of VSTi target, e.g. filter cutoff, it works perfectly!

Now, I disconnect my Minilab, but I still want to control the targets.
I thought I could set it to virtual 1 (source) and then control it via
Param -> FX parameter list -> Show in track control -> Parameter 1
but it's not!?
Not at all, virtual sources are something different entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
So, is there any way to control the sources with track controls instead of a midi device?
No, not directly. ReaLearn needs MIDI or OSC as input. Of course we are in REAPER world, so you could hack something together. E.g. you could add a ReaControlMIDI FX. This one has a few FX parameters that can be mapped to MIDI messages. Then you slap ReaLearn below it with control input <FX input> and learn. But you won't get any feedback this way.

EDIT: If you are fine with controlling your parameters from another window, you could also employ a desktop OSC software (e.g. OSC/PILOT).

Last edited by helgoboss; 04-22-2021 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-22-2021, 02:28 PM   #1215
buschag

Neither of those are listed in the controller presets. Running latest version. I see them in reapack and installed them both but they don’t show in the drop down menu in the mapping window. I’m sure I’m doing something wrong.
Old 04-22-2021, 02:43 PM   #1216
helgoboss

Quote:
Neither of those are listed in the controller presets. Running latest version. I see them in reapack and installed them both but they don’t show in the drop down menu in the mapping window. I’m sure I’m doing something wrong.
After you install presets on ReaPack you must either restart REAPER or right-click the header panel and choose "Reload all presets" or something like that. In older versions this is a button.
Old 04-23-2021, 08:58 AM   #1217
buschag

theres a reload all button, that doesn't do it. There is no option for that if I right click up top.
Old 04-23-2021, 09:03 AM   #1218
helgoboss

Quote:
theres a reload all button, that doesn't do it. There is no option for that if I right click up top.
1. Run REAPER action "Show REAPER resource path in explorer"
2. Navigate to "Data\helgoboss\realearn\presets\controller".

Do you see any controller files?

Ah, now I can think of a reason! I guess the presets that you downloaded are made for current prerelease versions of ReaLearn and they won't be loaded in older ReaLearns. You are definitely using an older one (the current officially latest one probably). I guess I need to be more careful with presets in future or just avoid so long prerelease phases.

Anyway, start using the prereleases/RCs or wait until 2.8.0 final version is published!
Old 04-23-2021, 09:28 AM   #1219
buschag

yeah I see the preset files in that folder. Ill wait. thank you.
Old 04-23-2021, 08:52 PM   #1220
ElementalAudio

Im having difficulty achieving what LBX Smart Knobs does, with Realearn alone.

Working:
Realearn is inserted in "Monitor FX", and mapped to Plugin "A", and Plugin "B", which are inserted in the Master Bus
(so the initial mapping is done for plugins A and B in the Master Bus)

Setting Realearn to the "Auto-Load - Depending on Focused FX" works, and focus works depending on which plugin is selected

Not Working:
If I create a new track, with NO instance of Realearn on it (only using the "Monitor FX" instance for project global functionality and the previous mappings to A and B in the MASTER BUS)
and insert NEW INSTANCES of the same Plugins "A and B" on said new track,

they are not individually controlled, by the Realearn instance in Monitor FX
Depending on what targets or id's are changed,
in some cases, both plugins will have a knob turn on both plugin interfaces simultaneously,
other times, only one - but not individually, per focus. Ive tried every combination of id's/targets.

LBX Smart Knobs functions with ONE, SINGLE - mapping per plugin,
regardless of where that plugin is placed in the project,
as long as its focused, the knob mapping will move.

Is it possible to achieve the same functionality of LBX Smartknobs, with a single instance of Realearn?

If it is, is there a definitive area of the help guide or has someone specified how to do this,
without having to adjust every single knob mapping on each plugin, to do this?

There's no way im going to edit every single mapping element for a plugin, every time I want to use it in a different track or different position in a project.

Again, LBX Smart Knobs does this perfectly. The only caveat being, having the smart knobs window being visible and floating, and having to pre-configure faderbox.

Last edited by ElementalAudio; 04-24-2021 at 02:09 PM.
ElementalAudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 07:47 AM   #1221
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalAudio View Post

LBX Smart Knobs functions with one single mapping per plugin,
regardless of where that plugin is placed in the project,
as long as its focused, it will work.

Is it possible to achieve the same functionality of LBX Smartknobs, with a single instance of Realearn?
Yes. There are different targets; ID for specific instances, name for any instance with matching name, etc. But you're describing the auto-load preset depending on focused fx feature.
Old 04-25-2021, 12:31 PM   #1222
wholehalf

Default v2.8.0-rc.6 is amazing!

Quote:
- Added experimental targets "Clip: Invoke transport action", "Clip: Seek" and "Clip: Volume"
Every release of ReaLearn has been amazing, but this one was a real game changer for me. "Clip: Invoke transport action" even makes the LED colour change on my APC key 25 when the clip is armed (with "Next Bar" selected) and it changes again when the clip is actually playing! (I use Min: 1 and Max: 4, the APC key's LED colours can be set with values between values 1 and 7 if I am not mistaken). Just wanted to share my excitement!
wholehalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 05:16 AM   #1223
helgoboss

Quote:

If it is, is there a definitive area of the help guide or has someone specified how to do this,
without having to adjust every single knob mapping on each plugin, to do this?
Yes, tutorial 3 in the user guide. As foxAsteria says, the FX selector must be set to "<Focused>". If you follow the tutorial 3, ReaLearn offers you to do this on your behalf when saving the preset.

Quote:
There's no way im going to edit every single mapping element for a plugin, every time I want to use it in a different track or different position in a project.
Of course not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholehalf View Post
Every release of ReaLearn has been amazing, but this one was a real game changer for me. "Clip: Invoke transport action" even makes the LED colour change on my APC key 25 when the clip is armed (with "Next Bar" selected) and it changes again when the clip is actually playing! (I use Min: 1 and Max: 4, the APC key's LED colours can be set with values between values 1 and 7 if I am not mistaken). Just wanted to share my excitement!
Be aware of upcoming changes, especially concerning what feedback values are sent. The clip targets are still highly experimental.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:35 AM   #1224
helgoboss

Released ReaLearn 2.8.0-rc.6 (ReaPack installation instructions) (some days ago)

Changes:
- #219 Added experimental targets "Clip: Invoke transport action", "Clip: Seek" and "Clip: Volume"
- #326 Improved preset behavior by automatically resetting all compartment parameters to zero when loading a compartment preset
- #324 Improved global "Find first mapping by source" REAPER action by taking mapping activation status into account
- #233 Fixed rc.5 bug that caused control transformation to have no effect on non-velocity-sensitive buttons anymore
- #4 Fixed &lt;All selected> label confusion in mapping rows
- #337 Fixed "BorrowMut" error on macOS when doing things while text field still focused
- #331 Fixed bug that caused "Last touched" target to not respond right after preset/project loading
- Fixed disappeared targets in target dropdown on Windows (and other small UI fixes)

Guys, do me a favor and don't tell potential Playtime users that ReaLearn can now do this

Old 04-26-2021, 09:13 AM   #1225
Regisfofo

Wow... Awesome!!

Please a tutorial !
Regisfofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:09 PM   #1226
ElementalAudio

Thanks for your replies,
foxAsteria and Helgo.

Is there a way to change the default "Target" section,
to always apply
Track <This>
FX <Focused>

when utilizing Mappings "Add one" and/or "Learn Many"?

Currently I get by default
Track (By Position)
FX (By Position)
ElementalAudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 06:18 PM   #1227
foxAsteria

Damn, helgo!! How's it feel to be a Gangsta?
Old 04-26-2021, 10:31 PM   #1228
Regisfofo

Quote:
Thanks for your replies,
foxAsteria and Helgo.

Is there a way to change the default "Target" section,
to always apply
Track <This>
FX <Focused>

when utilizing Mappings "Add one" and/or "Learn Many"?

Currently I get by default
Track (By Position)
FX (By Position)
AFAIK not possible right now, but might be implemented later.
Best way is to make all the learning, copy your preset to the clipboard, replace with what you need in a text editor and then importing it back in realearn.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:50 AM   #1229
helgoboss

Released ReaLearn 2.8.1 (ReaPack installation instructions)

Changes (compared to 2.7.1):
- #219 Added experimental targets "Clip: Invoke transport action", "Clip: Seek" and "Clip: Volume"
- #212 Added new FX instance selector "Dynamic"
- #213 Added new FX parameter selectors "Dynamic" and "By name"
- #214 Added new send/receive/output selectors "Dynamic", "By ID" (source/destination track ID) and "By name"
- #72 Added option to use track receives (change of perspective) and hardware output sends instead of track sends only
- #217 Added possibility to use wildcards (\* and ?) in all name selectors to match only parts of names
- #166 Added "Fire after timeout" mode for button presses
- #32 Added "Fire after timeout, keep firing" mode for button presses (turbo mode!)
- #223 Added "Seek" target (including feedback on beat changes or in high resolution!)
- #235 Added support for showing current target values in projection view (= "Projection feedback", needs latest version of the ReaLearn Companion app to work)
- #12 Added takeover modes "Parallel" and "Catch up" (renamed existing takeover modes to "Pick up" and "Long time no see")
- #186 Added FX selector &lt;This> for targeting the own ReaLearn instance (good for using conditional activation and &lt;Dynamic> in reusable presets)
- #121 Added copy/paste of mappings or even just sources/modes/targets (also across compartments and instances)
- #157 Added copy/paste of the complete filtered mapping list (e.g. to copy/paste whole compartments, groups or search results)
- #244 Added possibility to use names for virtual control elements instead of numbers
- #246 Added quick start section at the top of the user guide
- #236 Added FAQ section to the user guide
- #231 Added mapping group feature to controller compartment (was previously available in main compartment only)
- #231 Added conditional activation to controller compartment (was previously available in main compartment only)
- #231 Added 100 more freely assignable VST parameters to ReaLearn (now we have 200 parameters in total divided into the already existing 100 main compartment parameters and 100 new controller compartment parameters)
- #209 Added possibility to customize parameter names via header panel context menu
- #227 Added ability for "Auto-load preset: Depending on focused FX" instances to suspend other instances that share the same device (with this, you can easily let your controller control the currently focused FX but fall back to your usual controls when it's closed)
- #249 Added ability that multiple instances work hand in hand when it comes to feedback (As long as 2 instances don't actively feedback to more than one control element at once, everything will be fine and should work just as with conditional activation within 1 instance.)
- #264 Added new targets "FX open" (for opening/closing a specific FX via button) and "FX navigate" (for navigating with prev/next buttons or encoders within FX chain)
- #261 Added new targets "Track automation mode" and "Automation mode override"
- #190 Added new target "Track show/hide"
- #262 Added new transport actions "Pause" and "Stop" to "Transport target" (for more fine-grained feedback)
- #260 Added checkboxes "Scroll TCP" and "Scroll mixer" to targets "Selected track" and "Track selection"
- #215 Added checkboxes "Set loop points" and "Set time selection" to target "Go to region"
- #259 Added "Paste mappings (replace all in group)" to header context menu
- #226 Added "FX-to-preset links" to header context menu for better management and for making it possible to map multiple plug-ins to the same preset
- #226 Added possibility to use plug-in file name wildcards (\* and ?) when linking an FX to a preset (another way to map multiple plug-ins to the same preset)
- #269 Added new source character "Toggle button" as a workaround for hardware buttons that can't be configured to act as momentary buttons (should usually be avoided; behavior is that it always sends 1 even when 0 is received)
- #270 Added new fire modes "Single press" and "Double press" (can now distinguish between single press, double press and long press)
- #220 Added possibility to use preset name in addition to plug-in name when creating preset links for the "Auto-load preset" feature (allows you to load a different ReaLearn main preset when the preset of the focused FX changes)
- #109 Added ability to correctly switch feedback when enabling/disabling ReaLearn instances that talk to the same control elements (uses source-takeover mechanism)
- #278 Added possibility to easily react to button press-down only and ignore button release (without affecting feedback)
- #129 Added possibility to easily react to encoder increments or decrements only
- #279 Added possibility to let the target track depend on the current position of this ReaLearn track by making variable this_track_index available in the &lt;Dynamic> track expression
- #283 Added support for keeping control/feedback working even when switching to other project tab (with exception of automation writing, "Project: Set playrate" target and the smooth region seeking part of "Marker/region: Go to" target)
- #282 Added possibility to enforce "Rotate" already in a virtual controller mapping
- #306 Added feedback-only "Script" MIDI source for making LCD support possible (lets you write EEL scripts that encode the target value as raw MIDI message in any imaginable way)
- #256 Added library of Mackie-inspired virtual control element names and a convenient picker
- #120 Added capability for automatic naming of mappings based on its target - kicks in when clearing the custom name
- #120 Added right-click menu action to auto-name listed mappings (clearing all names)
- #297 Added main preset "DAW Control" to ReaPack repository and documented it in the user guide in the new "Preset" section
- #297 Added user guide entry for controller "Behringer X-Touch One"
- Added support for wildcards in search expressions
- #233 Added context-sensitive help section to mapping panel which explains most of the tuning options (for each kind of source separately)
- #6 Added target "MIDI: Send message"
- #323 Added target "OSC: Send message"
- #4 Added new track selector "All selected" to make track targets (NOT FX and send targets) work on all selected tracks
- #322 Added right-click menu action "Move listed mappings to group"
- #231 Improved compartment presets by making them save/restore the customized compartment parameter names as well
- Improved feedback for controller mappings with virtual targets (enabling it again will restore feedback, that was previously not the case)
- #267 Improved understandability by renaming "Program" to "Bank" in conditional activation
- #271 Improved usability by renaming and reordering targets, also introduced additional target hint label
- #277 Improved "Project: Invoke transport action" target by making "Play/stop" and "Play/pause" retriggerable
- #296 Improved user interface by displaying helpful text and button if compartment, group or filtered list empty
- #291 Improved user interface by moving "Reload all" to the header right-click context menu as "Reload all presets from disk"
- #291 Improved user interface by displaying mapping compartments as radio buttons
- #290 Improved user interface by hiding "Let through" options when input is not &lt;FX input> (change in behavior: now it will always let through FX input events in that case)
- #286 Improved user interface by marking "Toggle buttons" mode as invalid for virtual controller mappings
- #269 Improved versatility by making "Character" dropdown available even for 14-bit sources (both (N)RPN and CC)
- #256 Improved controller presets "Mackie Control" and "iCON Platform M+" by using virtual control element names of the new "DAW" domain (major version bump, breaking change ... but no worries, your existing projects, FX chains and track templates will not be changed unless you explicitly reload the preset within ReaLearn)
- #301 Improved usability by displaying mapping group name on right when showing mappings in all groups
- Improved "Duplicate" by getting rid of the annoying "Copy of ..." prefix
- #233 Improved usability by hiding mapping tuning options which are not relevant at all in the current context
- #300 Improved user friendliness by raising step size max to 5% and speed max to 5x (in order to make it more obvious to new users that ReaLearn supports encoder acceleration and velocity-sensitive buttons)
- #307 Improved usability by removing the UI difference between numbered and named virtual control elements (internally numbers are still treated a bit differently, but on the surface it's the same now)
- Improved usability by explicitly indicating when target is currently inactive
- Improved naming by renaming "Rotate" to "Wrap" and "Move instance to upper floor" to "Make instance superior"
- #154 Improved Midi Fighter Twister user guide entry by explaining how to use encoder acceleration and by linking to ReaLearn-compatible MFT Color Designer web app
- #248 Improved Midi Fighter Twister controller presets by making it react to encoder acceleration if configured in MF utility (also use named virtual control IDs for side buttons)
- #326 Improved preset behavior by automatically resetting all compartment parameters to zero when loading a compartment preset
- #324 Improved global "Find first mapping by source" REAPER action by taking mapping activation status into account

Old 04-27-2021, 05:50 AM   #1230
helgoboss

- #218 Fixed error when controlling "Last touched" target after the last touched target is gone (e.g. after track deleted)
- #208 Fixed too early rotation when using "Incremental buttons" in combination with "Rotate"
- #225 Fixed bug in "Go to marger/region" target that caused markers/regions to be triggered even on button release
- #237 Fixed idle CPU usage when having OSC feedback enabled for at least one OSC device (was quite high)
- #234 Fixed channel "Full" error when invoking lots of actions in a small amount of time
- #247 Fixed possible "unwrap" error with certain mapping tuning settings, e.g. jump and step size
- Fixed possible "borrow" error when using FX parameter target with own ReaLearn instance
- #263 Fixed feedback issues due to numerical inaccuracies (especially useful for radio-button-like feedback from discrete target values)
- #265 Fixed "FX chain chunk not found" error when on monitoring FX and "Auto-load preset" on
- #249 Fixed sometimes missing feedback on target activation changes (e.g. when "Track must be selected" is used)
- #276 Fixed &lt;Dynamic> expression evaluation by doing rounding (was sometimes leading to unexpected results because decimal digits were just being cut off)
- #300 Fixed cropped "Min" labels on macOS
- Fixed little GUI lag when selecting control element index for virtual targets
- #310 Fixed bug on macOS which caused text fields not to update correctly if still focused
- #337 Fixed "BorrowMut" error on macOS when doing things while text field still focused
- #331 Fixed bug that caused "Last touched" target to not respond right after preset/project loading

The ReaLearn Companion app has been updated as well in order to support projection feedback (showing the current value):

- Web app: The new version of the web app is already online. HOWEVER, you will not see the new version until you open it, wait a bit, close the tab (or Browser) and open it again.
- Android app: The new version (0.5.0) is available on Google Play.

This new version of the ReaLearn Companion app will not work with older ReaLearn versions anymore (< 2.8.0).

Last edited by helgoboss; 04-27-2021 at 08:21 AM.
Old 04-27-2021, 07:32 AM   #1231
buschag

🤯

Thanks for that now where to begin?
Old 04-27-2021, 12:56 PM   #1232
Regisfofo

Congratulations man! What a journey !
Old 04-28-2021, 01:29 AM   #1233
pyrannial

Wow wow wow!!!!!!! Thank you so much HelgoBoss. I know what I am spending my time on today then!
pyrannial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 08:27 AM   #1234
helgoboss

FYI, I've received one bug report so far: An error message which pops up when loading a controller or main preset. Fixing.
Old 04-28-2021, 04:07 PM   #1235
helgoboss

Released ReaLearn 2.8.2 (ReaPack installation instructions)

Changes:
- Changed license from LGPL-3.0 to GPL-3.0
- #341 Fixed BorrowError when changing preset if control surface configured in preferences
- Fixed bug that caused some tuning settings to stay hidden when enabling "Make absolute"
Old 04-28-2021, 05:22 PM   #1236
helgoboss

Released ReaLearn 2.9.0-pre.1 (ReaPack installation instructions)

Changes:
- #342 Improved reliability by reducing probability of audio dropouts in certain situations (by deferring all deallocations from real-time threads to main thread; allocations were done in main thread before already)

2.9.0 will be mainly about improvements under the hood, such as:

- Improve reliability (this prerelease)
- Update toolchain and libraries in order to be able to create macOS ARM64 builds (= Apple M1 = aarch64-apple-darwin)
Old 04-30-2021, 09:02 AM   #1237
helgoboss

Released ReaLearn 2.9.0-pre.6 (ReaPack installation instructions)

Changes (compared to pre.1):
- #329 Added macOS aarch64 build (ARM64), also updated WDL and other used libraries

If anyone is interested in an aarch64 (ARM64) version for Linux and willing to test, it wouldn't be a big deal to add this as well. Without at least one tester I wouldn't publish it. I don't have a Raspberry Pi or similar to test it myself.
Old 04-30-2021, 02:07 PM   #1238
Skorobagatko

Hi. How to make ReaLearn load with this parameter enabled? I tried to save it with track template or default preset - didn't help.

Skorobagatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 02:10 PM   #1239
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorobagatko View Post
Hi. How to make ReaLearn load with this parameter enabled? I tried to save it with track template or default preset - didn't help.

This is not a parameter, it's purely visual. Why would you ever want to show the controller compartment first when opening the ReaLearn window? The main compartment is where all the day-to-day stuff happens.
Old 04-30-2021, 08:35 PM   #1240
TabbyCat

I noticed that when switching presets in a plug-in, the assigned knobs on my hardware (MIDI Fighter) don't update to reflect the new parameter values. I'm only 1/3 through the documentation so I figured I'm doing something wrong I'm switching presets from the actual plugin's GUI, not via the Reaper drop-down. Of course if I move a parameter on the GUI the hardware does jump to the updated value. Any pointers appreciated!
TabbyCat is offline   Reply With Quote