Old 03-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
dogon1
Human being with feelings

Default Trying very hard but . .

I'm a total Reaper noob, moved across from GB to do some serious recording :-) Using a Macbook Pro but my audio in Reaper is all messed up.. I record something and on playback after I stop the audio it makes wierd shuddering, sticking noises (hard to describe) . . . in fact the only way I can stop it is to remove the track. Must be something in the configuration methinks, but not sure where to start. Using an Apogee One, everything works fine in GB, so I'm reluctant to say it is hardware . . . trying very hard to like Reaper but not getting anywhere fast? . . .anyone any ideas? thx
dogon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:02 AM   #2
mrelwood

You give very little information on the problem and your workflow, so all we can do are wild guesses at best.

Perhaps you still have the track record enabled and monitoring the input, which causes feedback? Disarm the track and try again.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:31 AM   #3
dogon1

Thanks for the reply, I did a reboot and things seem a bit better, probably should have done that first before posting :-) . . . . I still have a bit of noise. click and pops, but I think that is my Apogee which does that from time to time, also does it in GB, so suspect nothing to do with Reaper

I'll continue exploring/learning Reaper, seems a lot more powerful than GB, but a much steeper learning curve.

thanks again
dogon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:09 AM   #4
Smurf

"wierd shuddering, sticking noises.....click and pops"

Try increasing your Buffer sizes, I get this when I am set to 128, going to 256 eliminates this on my PC....
Old 03-02-2012, 06:09 AM   #5
Sambo Rouge

I knew a girl who used to sound like that.
Sambo Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:22 AM   #6
bardo

Now that's hot!
bardo is offline   Reply With Quote