Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > Dstruct's Casa De Nitpicks

Old 03-04-2021, 09:25 AM   #1
DarkStar
Human being with feelings

Default Edit Cursor - triangle border colour

Old 03-04-2021, 09:46 AM   #2
Phazma

True. But there are many more such quirks in the theme tweaker. Actually, it seems like an unfinished feature that needs some refinining but I suspect this is very low on Cockos priority list (if at all).
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 03:59 PM   #3
Klangfarben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazma View Post
Actually, it seems like an unfinished feature that needs some refinining.
*Some* refining?? It needs a complete overhaul. We have settings in the theme tweaker, most of which are not all all obvious (such as what the hell does "WALTER Font X" apply to etc.) We have settings in the theme adjuster. Everything is just all over the place. And there is no updated documentation for any of it. Users just have to go digging through the forum to find any information at all. Not to mention, even with all of this there are STILL elements that cannot be adjusted (such as very basic things like track mute color).

There have been two recent posts in the last couple days asking how to get rid of the new-ish selected track cursor and another about how to change it. Just regular users trying to modify an element. The entire process has basically become impossible for the normal user to manage and really needs a rethink and to be organized so a normal user can do something that should be simple like adjust ALL font sizes larger without having to jump through a ridiculous amount of hoops. Look, I get Justin and Schwa are not at all interesting in UI/UX but the current "system" is a mess for both themers and regular users alike.
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 04:28 PM   #4
Phazma

True. I didn't want to use such harsh words to criticize it because I think at the core it is amazing that we have such a system to completely change the look of Reaper. But while I now know more or less how to navigate it, it is true that for a normal user it is next to impossible to use.
Actually I still have some things that regularly confuse me. Such as which of the media item peak colors is responsible for media explorer peaks. IiRC one of the "selected" ones defines the peaks in the preview and one of the "unselected" ones the box that we drag into the arrange.
And this is just one example. Basically the only way to learn navigating it is to go through all color settings, see what they change and try to remember it.
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote