Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 02-22-2021, 01:59 PM   #41
vitalker
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnis View Post
Why? For me, it's a regression. Now, we can't see which envelopes will be affected by the drop and where items will be dropped.

But the previous behavior wasn't always perfect because sometime, some envelopes wasn't hidden.
That's why we need an option.
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:03 PM   #42
ovnis

It would be nice to add a new option:

"automatically show affected envelopes when moving edits across tracks only before razor edit is complet" (so, when the edit is complet, the envelope is hidden) ?

Everybody will be happy!

So, it would be two options:

"automatically show affected envelopes when moving edits across tracks only before razor edit is complet"

"automatically show affected envelopes when moving edits across tracks only after razor edit is complet"

Those options could be enabled at the same time.

Last edited by ovnis; 02-22-2021 at 02:16 PM.
ovnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 10:20 PM   #43
deeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
This is because two preferences are enabled: "editing behavior/automation/pool source data when copying with tracks or media items" (default), and "preferences/mouse modifiers/automation item/edits affect all pooled automation items at the same position" (not default).
ok! thank you for clarifying.

"editing behavior/automation/pool source data when copying with tracks or media items" -> doesn't look it should affect in my case tho. I used RE with no "move envelopes with Media ITems"

It looked more a preference "Options: Toggle pooled (ghost) .. when copying Automation Items" , which does not exist.

Anyway! things maybe for later! Thank you

Last edited by deeb; 02-22-2021 at 10:29 PM.
deeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:15 AM   #44
blumpy

Default Locked items envelopes

I love that razor edit ignores locked items.... however, the envelopes associated with the item are still being edited while the item itself is not. It's also clearing out the envelopes underneath the locked items.

I would expect the envelopes to remain with the locked items.
blumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:25 AM   #45
deeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumpy View Post
I love that razor edit ignores locked items.... however, the envelopes associated with the item are still being edited while the item itself is not. It's also clearing out the envelopes underneath the locked items.

I would expect the envelopes to remain with the locked items.
why you love it?

Actually i don't understand why regular copy paste is allowed on locked items and not with RE.

But I also don't know exactly what "locked" means in reaper media items inner world.

version 1:
To me the most direct meaning for something which is locked is something that you can't change on the inside, but still i can move it around.

My bag is locked (inside is protected) but still i can travel with it.

version 2:
The way i think reaper refers is something which cannot be moved, is fixed.

In software world both versions, .. i could still duplicate them since i am not changing nothing inside in version 1 nor moving the original item on version 2 : P

Cheap Philosophy!

Last edited by deeb; 02-23-2021 at 12:38 AM.
deeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 03:50 AM   #46
denmla

Report:

Mouse modifier for left click on Razor Edit Area in case of running custom script is broken since last few RC and DEV releases.

I reverted to build from Jan 14th and it works again.
denmla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:06 AM   #47
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeb View Post
yes and actually could be applied more often , so that there are no sound changes while dragging RE edit and still not committed with a drop! anyway i told this manny times
Yes, when using Razor Edit and ‘split with crossfades’, RE creates additional items, as well as fade-ins/outs if 'RE trim behind' is on. It can create a mess later on.

However, selected RE area(s) also works with ‘Split items at Time selection’, where the X-overs will adapt to content. Have you tried that, or have I misunderstood your wish?

Both methods:

PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote