Old 02-12-2021, 09:45 AM   #1
jalan
Human being with feelings

Default Waves NX Users: Is headtracking necessary?

I've been looking at this plugin -- I'm not in a position to treat my room -- but I'm wondering if you need to use the headtracking feature or if you can use it without that feature/element and still get more of a treated room sound out of your headphones. Can anyone clarify for me?
Old 02-12-2021, 01:41 PM   #2
onewayout

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalan View Post
I've been looking at this plugin -- I'm not in a position to treat my room -- but I'm wondering if you need to use the headtracking feature or if you can use it without that feature/element and still get more of a treated room sound out of your headphones. Can anyone clarify for me?
I have treated my room BUT it would be impossible to use this as a bedroom if I had properly treated it...we live in a tiny apartment...

Anyways I have been using these plugins for over a year now and they are a God send! I really enjoyed using the ABR3 as the big speakers brought the harshness of my EQ choices out...YET the new OCEANWAY vst is more up my alley musically wise and have now purchased that...

To answer your question YES you will want headtracking as it gives you the DEPTH perception that are missing without it...if you are on a laptop my Mate has been using her camera and seems to have no issues with it...Our room is too dark for that and I ended up getting the NX tracker when it was on sale with the ABR3 plug....Have Fun!
onewayout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 01:45 PM   #3
onewayout

Quote:
Quick question jalan, how do you put that link under your posts, is it a permanent one, meaning can you set it up so that every post/reply comes with it? Thx, jeff
onewayout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 01:58 PM   #4
jalan

Thanks for the answer. The ability to add a signature to you posts is is under User CP > Setting & Options > Add Signature
Old 02-12-2021, 02:12 PM   #5
onewayout

Quote:
Thanks for the answer. The ability to add a signature to you posts is is under User CP > Setting & Options > Add Signature
Why thank you Kindly jalan I found it and I'm testing it now.... ('