Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 02-18-2020, 10:49 AM   #1
designed
Human being with feelings

Default Trying to control CC 64 differently on the same track

Greetings! Happy to be here in Reaperland. I hope this is not a stupid question.

I am using a few MIDI generating plugins on a track along with a VSTi which I've done for a while now and it works great. Arpeggiators, MIDIFX, stuff like that. However, one such MIDI plugin happens to accept CC 64 sustain messages and I wish for it to be filtered out. I've done that already with a JSFX Midi filter but, it doing so, it's also prevented my VSTi further down on the same track from being able to using the sustain pedal within itself.

I tried adding another Midi filter but I couldn't bring the CC64 back down the chain once it was filtered out earlier.
Any chance there's a way to use 2 JSFX midi filters or something on the same track so I can both stop a MIDI plugin from processing cc64 and then re-instantiate the sustain cc64 on the same track down the FX chain before a VSTi plugin?

I really hope this makes sense and I don't sound stupid. Thank you for helping me solve this problem.
designed is offline   Reply With Quote