Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 07-05-2020, 03:53 AM   #1
Starpainter
Human being with feelings

Default Work in progress, but stuck, looking for ideas

Hi all

This is something I put together during an evening of idea flowing, but I'm stuck now. Any ideas, feedback, thoughts, ... on how to get on with this would be greatly appreciated! For some weird reason I can't get on with it ... but then again, my brain is pretty weird haha

Anyways, any and all ideas very much welcomed! Thx for your time.

https://youtu.be/516Eut4KVi4
Starpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 06:21 AM   #2
Coachz

Great sound. Sounds pre-chase scene / pre-battle up to 1:09 at which point I could see a drumset and bass adding drive. Dum da-da dum da-da dum at a horse gallop pace. Then some guitar lead on top. Would fit fine for a car chase too. Then chill down to the after 1:10 part.
Coachz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 01:22 AM   #3
Starpainter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
Great sound. Sounds pre-chase scene / pre-battle up to 1:09 at which point I could see a drumset and bass adding drive. Dum da-da dum da-da dum at a horse gallop pace. Then some guitar lead on top. Would fit fine for a car chase too. Then chill down to the after 1:10 part.
Thank you! Guitar, actually, honestly, never used guitar in my little twinkly compositions, might give that a shot, broaden the horizon!
Starpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 01:02 PM   #4
gandsnut

The key-change 2/3's in was very tasty...

What if after where you stopped, you cut way back in a new section to something sparse, perhaps also quite rhythmically different, for a time. Maybe permuting some of the already-presented motives.

Then transition back to your 'A' section, either at original key or something slightly different.

My $0.03
Notation-based compositions using Finale. Electric bassist, K-12 school music teacher. iMac 3.5G i7 32Mb OSX 10.11 + PreSonus AudioBox iTwo, Korg, Roland, E-Mu, Alesis HW Synths, Novation Launchpad MINI MK3, Korg D1600 HW DAW. My free music - http://www.gandsnut.net
gandsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 11:32 AM   #5
DaniloVillanova

So cool man! Maybe after the key change you could go back to the main theme in the new key with some massive horns and some war drums for some final epicness!
DaniloVillanova is online now   Reply With Quote