Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 01-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #161
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnar View Post
When I add a pitch envelope to an item , make a few points and then when I try and edit one of these points the whole envelope moves , like I selected all points and I can't get rid of that behavior.
The option "envelope point selection follows time selection" is probably the cause, as Mercado_Negro said. This option is now disabled by default, but in an earlier alpha it was enabled by default.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #162
gwok
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
I also used to think an action to set focus to per-take envelopes was a good idea but then I realized I'd have to select the item before hitting a key when I just could click on the envelope to set the focus to it, a bit faster as far as I can see. To give away 4 mouse modifiers to insert points on envelopes is something I wouldn't really do when I just have to click on the envelope itself to set the focus to it in the first place (I'm already there so inserting an point is pretty easy). Anyways, I'm not against it, maybe someone will find it useful too

ah, just found out about shift+click item env!

man that makes things so much easier - i ket trying to use cmd click though - was having a brutal time

thanks MN

make my last comments less relevent in my current reality anyway

edit:though it would be nice if shift click+ctrl or somethin went through already existing points
gwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #163
bitrate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
v4.0alpha26 - January 6 2011

+ AIFF: read support for 32-bit integer sample format
Thank you Schwa, and for everything else too, of course
bitrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #164
Fabian

Maybe this has already been reported.

The pitch envelope tool tip does not show the correct amount of pitch shift.

So I have "square" a pitch shift envelope starting from 0 shift. When I hover the mouse over one of the two corner point it shows correctly "+0.9956 semitones". But hovering the mouse on the straight line between those two points, it shows me "+0.0000 semitones". Surely it should say "+0.9956 semitones" also there?

It shows the correct thing when I click and hold, and when I drag it, but it always shows +0.0000 when not...
Old 01-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #165
musicbynumbers

The pitch shift also doesn't allow you to add points beyond the "original" end of the item ONCE you have stretch it or extended it's end.

(well it seems to some times so maybe it's not that, will see if I can reproduce later)
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #166
Fabian

Also, changing mouse modifier so that double-clicking an envelope segment adds point, does not add undo entry, so I cannot double-click a few times and then undo one by one backwards. Everything is undone in one go...

Maybe this is a mouse modifier problem, I don't know... right now I'm plating around with the pitch envelope...