Old 02-21-2020, 03:09 AM   #361
funkster1
Human being with feelings

Default UPDATE to error msg "nil value ..."

[Update]
Started the project in safe mode (FX offline) and updated all ReaScripts.
No more error messages from ReaLauncher, so it might have to be Jamstix which is at fault.
Heading to their forum and ask Ralph about it.
[/Update]

Hi,
I ran into a problem with a project that includes Jamstix 4 (up to date). I had it crash and ever since when opening Reaper and this specific project I get this:

Code:
Error: solger_ReaLauncher.lua:2178: attempt to get length of a nil value (local 'channel')

Stack traceback:
	Core.lua:88: in metamethod '__len'
	solger_ReaLauncher.lua:2178: in upvalue 'SetPreviewChannel'
	solger_ReaLauncher.lua:2183: in method 'onmousedown'
	Core.lua:850: in field 'Update'
	Core.lua:435: in field 'Main_Update_Elms'
	Core.lua:302: in function <...am Scripts\Development\Lokasenna_GUI v2\Library\Core.lua:298>
		[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	Core.lua:298: in function <...am Scripts\Development\Lokasenna_GUI v2\Library\Core.lua:297>

Lokasenna_GUI:
	v2.16.11
Reaper:
	6.03/x64
Platform:
	Win64
I'm no coder so I could need some help here.

Thanks in advance
Win 10 Pro 21H2|AMD RYZEN 3600|32 GB RAM|NVIDIA GeForce 710 fanless|2x27" Full HD screen|250 GB SSD system|1 TB SSD Samples|1 TB SSD projects|2 TB HDD docs & images|ROLAND Octa-Capture|BCR2000|Nektar LX88+|Maschine Mikro MK3|ZeRO SL MkII|FCB1010|KRK ROKIT 5|

Last edited by funkster1; 02-21-2020 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Update
funkster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:47 PM   #362
permeke

would it be possible if you close a project then menu "open project" to have Realauncher popping up again ? Now it only does it after a Reaper restart.
permeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 08:41 AM   #363
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkster1 View Post
[Update]
Started the project in safe mode (FX offline) and updated all ReaScripts.
No more error messages from ReaLauncher, so it might have to be Jamstix which is at fault.
Heading to their forum and ask Ralph about it.
[/Update]

Hi,
I ran into a problem with a project that includes Jamstix 4 (up to date). I had it crash and ever since when opening Reaper and this specific project I get this:

[CODE]Error: solger_ReaLauncher.lua:2178: attempt to get length of a nil value (local 'channel')...
Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can somehow reproduce the error here.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:45 AM   #364
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by permeke View Post
would it be possible if you close a project then menu "open project" to have Realauncher popping up again ? Now it only does it after a Reaper restart.
Yeah, by adding the Script: solger_ReaLauncher.lua Action as new or additional "open project" menu entry: https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php#dOmZNJ2NIiQ

Last edited by solger; 02-25-2020 at 08:56 AM. Reason: link added
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:33 AM   #365
permeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
Yeah, by adding the Script: solger_ReaLauncher.lua Action as new or additional "open project" menu entry: https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php#dOmZNJ2NIiQ
oh yes of course !!
thanks
permeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 01:08 PM   #366
Tagirijus

Hey there, first of all: thank you so much for putting that much time and effort into this!

I was wondering, if there might be any better way of adding projects to a project list and I thought about trying to write an own script, but before digging too much into this: do you think it might be possible to add a little feature to your script so that you can add a project to specific list (maybe even by drag and drop the project file into the list? or chosing a file with a dialog? or by adding an open project from a tab or multiple) and also be able to delete it from that list again?

Or (and sorry for this slight offtopic here) maybe somebody could give me a hint, if there is any other way of creating project lists, without the need to have all projects open at the same time in tabs to be able to chose "Save list of open projects ..." from the SWS extensions menu. I know that lists are nothing more than just a textfile, containing the absolute path to the project file in each line. Opening the RPL file with an editor and finding out the absolute path for the actual project seems quite clumsy, though.

Thank you !
Old 03-03-2020, 09:00 AM   #367
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagirijus View Post
I was wondering, if there might be any better way of adding projects to a project list and I thought about trying to write an own script, but before digging too much into this: do you think it might be possible to add a little feature to your script so that you can add a project to specific list (maybe even by drag and drop the project file into the list? or chosing a file with a dialog? or by adding an open project from a tab or multiple) and also be able to delete it from that list again?
Hi,

Yeah, I think it should be possible to add such a feature. I'll look into it.
Added to the feature wish list

Quote:
Or (and sorry for this slight offtopic here) maybe somebody could give me a hint, if there is any other way of creating project lists, without the need to have all projects open at the same time in tabs to be able to chose "Save list of open projects ..." from the SWS extensions menu. I know that lists are nothing more than just a textfile, containing the absolute path to the project file in each line. Opening the RPL file with an editor and finding out the absolute path for the actual project seems quite clumsy, though.
As far as I know, there's currently no other option - besides using the SWS menu or the corresponding SWS Actions - than editing the RPL file directly (either manually or via script).

EDIT: I just did a quick search for entries with 'rpl', 'project add' and 'project list' in the name and didn't find any other existing actions/scripts for this in the Action List and in ReaPack, either (besides the default SWS ones).

Last edited by solger; 03-03-2020 at 09:26 AM.
Old 03-03-2020, 11:04 AM   #368
Tagirijus

Hey solger,

thanks so much for adding it to the FR list and for your reply in general! Also thanks for checking regarding my other question. I'll see if I might can dig into scripting to come up with something like this, maybe ... if I find time, hehe. I will inform you, just in case I come up with something which might become handy for the ReaLauncher in the end; no promise though (I am a total new user of Reaper and still learning things). Have a great day!
Old 03-03-2020, 11:12 AM   #369
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Hey solger,

thanks so much for adding it to the FR list and for your reply in general! Also thanks for checking regarding my other question. I'll see if I might can dig into scripting to come up with something like this, maybe ... if I find time, hehe. I will inform you, just in case I come up with something which might become handy for the ReaLauncher in the end; no promise though (I am a total new user of Reaper and still learning things). Have a great day!
Sorry if you've tried this already

But an rpl if I recall correctly, is just a text file. Maybe all you need to do is create one with the same syntax and name it with a .rpl extension?
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 11:20 AM   #370
Tagirijus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
Sorry if you've tried this already

But an rpl if I recall correctly, is just a text file. Maybe all you need to do is create one with the same syntax and name it with a .rpl extension?
Hey, hehe no worries. As I already wrote earlier in this thread:

Quote:
I know that lists are nothing more than just a textfile, containing the absolute path to the project file in each line.

I know that these files are plain textfiles, containing the absolte path. This makes it even easier to write a script, which would simply write the active project-file-path into one playlist file, right? The problem for me is that I first have to understand the whole scripting thing at all, though, haha. ... so even the most basic task could become a bit difficult for me in the beginning (even writing things to a file, I guess) - that's what I meant with "dig into scripting". Luckily I am already familiar with coding and scripting a bit (mainly Python and PHP though ... but Lua does not look that difficult either). Sorry for offtopic again!

Still thanks for the info!
Old 03-03-2020, 11:40 AM   #371
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Hey, hehe no worries. As I already wrote earlier in this thread:

I know that these files are plain textfiles, containing the absolte path. This makes it even easier to write a script, which would simply write the active project-file-path into one playlist file, right? The problem for me is that I first have to understand the whole scripting thing at all, though, haha. ... so even the most basic task could become a bit difficult for me in the beginning (even writing things to a file, I guess) - that's what I meant with "dig into scripting". Luckily I am already familiar with coding and scripting a bit (mainly Python and PHP though ... but Lua does not look that difficult either). Sorry for offtopic again!

Still thanks for the info!

I had a hunch you knew. Sorry for not reading the thread. Im subbed to it because I love realauncher and I was just trying to help really quick on my lunch break.

Anyhow, maybe check out Archie's smart template scripts. Any of them that have to do with fx chains or track templates. They have the user type in an fxchain name and it checks the fxchains folder for that name. Maybe that could be of some use to you!
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 11:42 AM   #372
Tagirijus

Thanks so much for helping out. Also thanks for the hint with Archies scripts. I will check them out. Such a great community here, loving it!
Old 03-09-2020, 04:28 AM   #373
PelF

Hi, when I using a filter in a recent project, the Paths setting switches from "Show" to "Hide". Could you keep the Paths setting? Thank you very much.
PelF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 09:22 AM   #374
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PelF View Post
Hi, when I using a filter in a recent project, the Paths setting switches from "Show" to "Hide". Could you keep the Paths setting? Thank you very much.
Hi. Added to the feature wish list
Old 03-10-2020, 06:20 AM   #375
Tagirijus

Found some kind of small bug, I guess. When opening the ReaLauncher (I set up a shortcut for it) the "<All>" in the ProjectList will not show anything, unless another project and "<All>" again is selected. Even after closing and opening ReaLauncher again. See this video for example:

... or am I doing something wrong here?
Old 03-10-2020, 08:31 AM   #376
solger

Quote:
Found some kind of small bug, I guess ...
Thanks for the info.

Yeah, looks like a bug. I'll add it to my to-do-list.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:50 PM   #377
TonE

Quote:
Features that require js_ReaScriptAPI
  • Function to preview attached 'demo' audio files (supported file extensions: .wav, .flac, .mp3 and .ogg)
While reading about the feature list, this got my attention, would be very cool being able to quickly listen to lots of projects as if they were some wave files. Especially when those projects were often just small loops, like 1..4 bar loops. Kind of idea collections.

Thanks for sharing, at some point I might try this.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 10:06 AM   #378
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
While reading about the feature list, this got my attention, would be very cool being able to quickly listen to lots of projects as if they were some wave files. Especially when those projects were often just small loops, like 1..4 bar loops. Kind of idea collections.

Thanks for sharing, at some point I might try this.
Currently it works with (manually) pre-rendered audio files of projects and templates.
If you have any questions, feature suggestions, etc., let me know

As a side note (in case you haven't already seen it): a list of additional feature suggestions can be found in post #2: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...98&postcount=2
Old 03-27-2020, 08:49 AM   #379
solger

The next update is out
Quote:
version 2.2
+ Filter: Now also works with paths displayed (previously paths were hidden by default when using the filter)
+ General: Bugfix for tooltip positioning on macOS
+ Project Lists: Bugfix for not listing < All > entries when loading the tab the first time
Old 03-27-2020, 08:51 AM   #380
Tagirijus

Nice, thank you for the new update!
Old 03-27-2020, 09:50 AM   #381
Dragonetti

Thanks solger
Dragonetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 11:28 AM   #382
Buy One

The Launcher throws the following error message on my end

Quote:
solger_ReaLauncher.lua:226: attempt to call a nil value (field 'CF_GetSWSVersion')
Buy One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 11:45 AM   #383
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buy One View Post
The Launcher throws the following error message on my end
Do you have the SWS Extensions installed?

Otherwise what's your setup in this case:
  • Operating system (Windows, macOS, Linux)?
  • ReaLauncher version (latest is 2.2)?
  • Reaper version (and if 32- or 64-bit)?

Last edited by solger; 04-24-2020 at 11:52 AM.
Old 04-24-2020, 12:33 PM   #384
Buy One

Quote:
Do you have the SWS Extensions installed?

Otherwise what's your setup in this case:
  • Operating system (Windows, macOS, Linux)?
  • ReaLauncher version (latest is 2.2)?
  • Reaper version (and if 32- or 64-bit)?
Yes I do. Not the latest however, 2.9.7
Windows XP x86
ReaLauncher 2.2
REAPER 5.99 32 bit, portable install (sorry, overlooked this bit)

Thank you for looking into it.

Last edited by Buy One; 04-25-2020 at 12:14 AM.
Old 04-25-2020, 05:18 AM   #385
solger

Quote:
Yes I do. Not the latest however, 2.9.7
Windows XP x86
ReaLauncher 2.2
REAPER 5.99 32 bit, portable install (sorry, overlooked this bit)

Thank you for looking into it.
Thanks for the info. I had a quick look and the issue in this case is related to the SWS version (2.9.7) since some of the SWS functions used in ReaLauncher were only introduced in later SWS versions.

Is there a specific reason why you're still on SWS 2.9.7 in this case?
Or in other words: is updating the SWS version an option for you? Either to version 2.10 (https://www.sws-extension.org/) or 2.11 (a download link of the Windows XP version can be found here https://github.com/reaper-oss/sws/issues/1332).

Last edited by solger; 04-25-2020 at 11:51 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-25-2020, 07:40 AM   #386
Buy One

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I had a quick look and the issue in this case is related to the SWS version (2.9.7) since the SWS functions used in ReaLauncher were only introduced in later SWS versions.

Is there a specific reason why you're still on SWS 2.9.7 in this case?
Or in other words: is updating the SWS version an option for you? Either to version 2.10 (https://www.sws-extension.org/) or 2.11 (a download link of the Windows XP version can be found here https://github.com/reaper-oss/sws/issues/1332).
No specific reason, i just stick to the principle "if it ain't broke don't fix it", but i'll update now. Thank you for the links.

Last edited by Buy One; 04-25-2020 at 07:48 AM.
Old 04-25-2020, 11:58 AM   #387
solger

Quote:
No specific reason, i just stick to the principle "if it ain't broke don't fix it", but i'll update now.
Thank you for the links.
You're welcome!
Old 05-12-2020, 02:30 AM   #388
todoublez

hi Sloger,

i'm a chinese user,
just found this little problem from this fantastic tool.
My english skill sux, so here I report this bug via a short video.
here u go :

todoublez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 07:43 AM   #389
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by todoublez View Post
hi Sloger,

i'm a chinese user,
just found this little problem from this fantastic tool.
My english skill sux, so here I report this bug via a short video.
here u go :
Hi and thanks for the video.

Does updating the Lokasenna GUI v2 package to the latest version 2.16.12 make any difference (via Extensions > ReaPack > Synchronize packages)?
The version used in the video is 2.16.10.
Old 05-12-2020, 09:30 AM   #390
todoublez

Quote:

Does updating the Lokasenna GUI v2 package to the latest version 2.16.12 make any difference (via Extensions > ReaPack > Synchronize packages)?
thank u for pointing that out !
I'll go update the GUI package and see how it goes.
have a nice day.
Old 05-12-2020, 01:25 PM   #391
todoublez

Quote:

after updating the GUI package, still not making any changes.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:46 AM   #392
BartR

Is there any hope this will be implemented as Native into Reaper?
I find it really great! Useful and complete.

Many ideas here in this forum, are really worth if implemented in stable way into the code.
BartR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 09:09 AM   #393
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by todoublez View Post
after updating the GUI package, still not making any changes.
OK. Thanks for the info. Then I guess the problem is probably related to the language font.
I'll see if I can find a fix for it.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:36 AM   #394
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartR View Post
Is there any hope this will be implemented as Native into Reaper?
At the moment I'd say that probably won't happen (at least not in the near future). But who knows what the Reaper devs have planned for the future.

Quote:
I find it really great! Useful and complete.
Thanks. Great to hear it's useful

Last edited by solger; 05-13-2020 at 11:20 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-14-2020, 01:55 AM   #395
BartR

Quote:
At the moment I'd say that probably won't happen (at least not in the near future). But who knows what the Reaper devs have planned for the future.

Thanks. Great to hear it's useful
Just a note: I did notice that if the file name or path contains apostrophes, when I select it form this Loader, Reaper return an unknown error and doesn't open the project.

I have a project calle d ROCK'N ROLL.RPP and it doesn't open it, when I renamed it on ROCK-N ROLL.RPP it did

I suggest to implement all characters ;-)
Old 05-14-2020, 02:19 AM   #396
todoublez

Quote:
OK. Thanks for the info. Then I guess the problem is probably related to the language font.
I'll see if I can find a fix for it.
LOOKING FORWARD TO IT

Thanx for the great Script.
have a nice day
Old 05-14-2020, 03:33 AM   #397
CEART

Thanks for this very functional great script, but, how can I to change font size?
I have two 21.5 inch display at 1920 x 1080 and windows fonts scaling of 150% However Realauncher show up with a VERY small size font (like 7 or 8 ppts) compared to any other gui windows (menus, Action List, EFX etc.)

** UPDATE: SOLVED by means of Scale key F10 - F11 - F12 how help pointed.
-- The window size is scalable via the function keys: [F10] toggles between a small & big window size, [F11] & [F12] lets you scale the window size down & up --

(I leave this question for the purpose of guiding those who ask about the same issue and didn't read 'Additional notes' like me, sorry)

Last edited by CEART; 05-14-2020 at 03:48 AM.
CEART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 06:18 AM   #398
solger

Quote:
Just a note: I did notice that if the file name or path contains apostrophes, when I select it form this Loader, Reaper return an unknown error and doesn't open the project.

I have a project calle d ROCK'N ROLL.RPP and it doesn't open it, when I renamed it on ROCK-N ROLL.RPP it did

I suggest to implement all characters ;-)
Can you please post more details about your setup:
  • Which operating system (Windows, macOS, Linux)?
  • Which Reaper version (and if 32- or 64-bit)?
  • From which ReaLauncher tab are you loading the project?

In addition, can you maybe also post a screenshot of the 'unknown error' message?
Old 05-14-2020, 02:38 PM   #399
BartR

Quote:
Can you please post more details about your setup:
  • Which operating system (Windows, macOS, Linux)?
  • Which Reaper version (and if 32- or 64-bit)?
  • From which ReaLauncher tab are you loading the project?

In addition, can you maybe also post a screenshot of the 'unknown error' message?
Windows 7 64 bit
Reaper 6.10
Recent Projects tab

In attachment you find the only one pop-up error I get
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Notti.jpg (61.5 KB, 110 views)

Last edited by BartR; 05-14-2020 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Added attachment
Old 05-15-2020, 08:11 AM   #400
solger

Quote:
Windows 7 64 bit
Reaper 6.10
Recent Projects tab

In attachment you find the only one pop-up error I get
Thanks.