Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 09-01-2019, 09:42 PM   #1
Cdhmusic
Human being with feelings

Default Recording a Yamaha THR10 with USB and Monitoring Reaper Outputs to Scarlett 18i20

I want to record my Yamaha THR10c with USB (Steinberg USB ASIO) as the input in Reaper and use the Scarlett 18i20 as the output for monitoring. Seems that i can only configure one ASIO device at a time.
Cdhmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 12:32 AM   #2
zeekat

It's supposed to work that way, only (not quite official) way to aggregate different interface under ASIO is using the ASIO4ALL driver. You have a ton of inputs in Scarlett, connecting the amp to one of its inputs would be the best solution.
Old 09-03-2019, 09:51 AM   #3
serr

Yep, make an aggregate device of the Scarlett + the Yamaha with ASIO and select the aggregate device in Reaper instead of one or the other. The Yamaha has a USB audio interface built into it and thus you treat it like connecting another audio interface. Aggregate devices are configured with your OS audio control panel (ASIO in Windows or Audio MIDI Setup in OSX).

You also have to make one device sample rate clock master and sync the other to it. I suspect the easiest way to try that would be to make the Yamaha master. You'll have to sync off the USB data connection for the Scarlett... this is the part that might get squirrely. Word clock is the pro stable connection. Sync over a digital audio connection is 2nd choice. Sync over the data connection when the other options don't exist is last choice. Don't do it in front of a live audience.
Which leads to Zeecat's suggestion of just connecting the analog output.

Last edited by serr; 09-03-2019 at 09:56 AM.
serr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:14 PM   #4
Cdhmusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekat View Post
It's supposed to work that way, only (not quite official) way to aggregate different interface under ASIO is using the ASIO4ALL driver. You have a ton of inputs in Scarlett, connecting the amp to one of its inputs would be the best solution.
Thank you both
Cdhmusic is offline   Reply With Quote