Old 06-29-2020, 07:22 AM   #1
pepe44
Human being with feelings

Default Multiout drums input FX how to ?

Hi everyone. i have a quick question here.
I setup a track with superior drummer 3 , splitting to 32 channels. Auto routing from reaper excellent built in "build multichannel routing for output selected fx"
so far so good.
The problem comes when i try to use input fxs to process the signal and record the output of it with the input fx. Not the channel fx but the INPUT FX!

I tried different modes in routing window which by default is set to pre-fader post FX, i think what i need is "pre-fader + PostFX + post input fx" if you understand me.
The strange thing is that the SSL channel i inserted on the input FX is not even receiving signal. so maybe this only works for input physical channels ? not for internal routing ? Is so, that would be A GREAT ADD for us Cockos!

The only option for now would be duplicating all those channel , adding the FX in the standard FX insert slot and print the output of all channels.
pepe44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 01:06 PM   #2
Bjorn.LaSanche
Banned

I noticed that after v6, the input effects loop only showed up when the track in question was armed to record, and goes away once it’s not. I can’t find a work around for this. This might be your issue? When I have recorded the output of MIDI drums I didn’t notice the Input fx loop. I did notice now I had to change my workflow to record the output of the drum tracks. I really can’t remember how I made it work now. Because it was one of those try anything and everything until I got results. I will find it shortly as I need to do the same in the next couple of days.
Bjorn.LaSanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 01:17 PM   #3
ashcat_lt
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe44 View Post
...this only works for input physical channels ? not for internal routing ? .
Yes that is your issue. Receives are not Inputs.
ashcat_lt is online now   Reply With Quote