Old 12-15-2015, 01:31 AM   #1
ernie
Human being with feelings

Default [SUGGESTION] Reaper Referral System

Hello guys,

i dont know if this is the correct forum to post in and if it has already been suggested (correct me if im wrong).

I have a suggestion for the Reaper Software to get more known in the world.
My suggestions is a kind of referral system for users.

So how does it work:

1. For a purchase of a licence people need to sign up for a free account. The chosen username will be activated for this forum as well.

2. Each user gets a unique referral url/link for spreading the software online or offline in their backoffice (like www.reaper.fm/?refid=username or www.reaper.fm/?refid=123456)

3. when a new potential user visits the Reaper page over a referral link and he would buy a license, the user of the refid would get credited for it. (There would be only 1 generation to be counted, so only ur direct downline counts.)

(4. the system from step 3 could also count on the Downloads of the Reaper software. So to download Reaper a user has to create a free account. So with this option, the chances are higher, that after the trial period, that this new member will purchase over his account and credits the upline (the one that has send him the link) too)

How will you be credited:

When someone has bought the licence for his Reaper from your referral link, you (the direct upline) would get a certain amount of upgrades for your own licence of your Reaper. It depends on the bought licence ($60/$225).
Example:
If you send your referral link to your friend that is also a producer and he downloads and buys a $60 licence, you would get an upgrade of your own licence for another Version (+1 Version). So for example if you have bought a Reaper v5 licence that includes upgrades through version 6.99, it would now include upgrades to 7.99.

For the commercial licence it could be +2 Versions.
(This is just an example. If you have other ideas, just write a comment )

INFO: For users that already have a Reaper licence, this licence could be used to connect to a forum/reaper.fm account.

With this system, in my opinion, we could generate a buzz for Reaper to be more used by more producers and musicians.

What do you think? Post a comment about what you think or a question if something is unclear.

Last edited by ernie; 12-15-2015 at 02:10 AM.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 02:24 AM   #2
ivansc
Human being with feelings

I think Reaper is doing very nicely already, if you believe all the polls on places like Gearslutz.

I recommend the heck out of Reaper to anyone I know who is doing music on PC but these days I suspect everyone is already aware of Reaper.

Nice idea, nice spirit, but would probably founder - courtesy of the law of diminishing returns.