preachers
Human being with feelings

plugins that cause reaper crash:

BT Analog Chorus CH2S-3 (Nomad Factory)
preachers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:31 AM   #162
yo-albino

One plugin that doesn't crash, but emits a low level noise signal (-90dB approx) is Cyanide2. Not normally intrusive, but occasionally can be heard in a rendered mix.
yo-albino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:05 PM   #163
ericthecleric

Default Working VSTi's

I am successfully using the following Sonivox VSTi's in Reaper:

Vocalizer ***
Playa
Sampla
Hip Hop Strings
Aggro-Electro Boom
Reggaeton

***It took a while to figure out Sonivox Vocalizer but you have to add the VSTi in the audio track, then you have to create a send from a midi track to that channel in an audio channel. In order to hear it, you must have an audio track recorded and you need to turn record monitoring on in the midi channel. I am not sure if you can monitor live or not, like they lead you to believe is possible in the Vocalizer videos.

Way to go Reaper!

Any experience with Antares Autotune?

Thanks.

Eric
ericthecleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:56 AM   #164
detente

Default Astroidmist's Buggy Plugin List

As of Reaper v4.0 (August 12, 2011), VST(i) and DirectX plugins that seem to crash during scan/loading of types/names:

Beat Thang Virtual (v2.1.1, VSTi)
Cakewalk StudioVerb2 (DirectX effect)
Energy XT VSTi (v2.5.4)
FL Studio VSTi
FL Studio VSTi (Multi)
S1DXi.dll (Synth1 VST DirectX instrument)
TyrellN6 (VSTi by u-he)

ACE (Any Cable Everywhere) Demo VSTi had issues during first few scans, but then seemed to stop crashing.

Good luck with your troubleshooting.

At first I disabled VST getting of names/types to prevent crashes. I also totally disabled DirectX plugins and DirectX plugin scanning. Doing both of those allowed to at least get Reaper running past the splash screen. Then later on I enabled those one at a time and watched the scanning after initiating it.

Reaper v4 appears to freeze during the crashes, but it actually keeps running if you let it continue. Each time it crashes you can write down which one seemed to cause the crash.

I used AnalogX DX Man (DirectX Manager) to unregister the buggy DirectX plugins. Then I deleted them at their folder source so they wouldn't be loaded again.

http://analogx.com/contents/download...n/Freeware.htm

To use DX Man, you drag the file onto it's window and respond to the pop-up window choices. You can register or unregister DirectX plugins that way. DirectX plugins need to be unregistered before their files are deleted.

After I removed both the buggy VST(i)'s and the buggy DirectX plugins, everything seemed to scan and load without troubles.

This is the first time I have successfully gotten Reaper to run since about version 2 when I first started testing Reaper.
detente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #165
detente

As of October 8th, 2011...

ZynAddSubFX (synth VSTi) crashes Reaper during certain random operations within the synth. For example, loading certain instrument presets crashes Reaper. Also it can crash during playback if you play too many notes really fast. There's a correlation to the polyphony/built-in effects use/overal CPU load as well.

It's useable in between crashes, but since it does crash the entire program and project session, I recommend against using it at all. If you must use it, use it carefully and at modest settings and freeze it as soon as possible.

As far as I understand it, ZynAddSubFX never made it out of the beta stage anyhow and was abandoned by the creator.
detente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:37 PM   #166
dontel

Auto-tune VST efx causes Blue Screen of death.
dontel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #167
Babazon

I haven't even been able to load these vst effects

Psp OldTimer
Elephant
Density MKII (<- really needed that :S )
Gclip
EpicVerb

Everything else works perfectly, Reaper rocks, deserves every cent paid, and everyone at Cockos rock (Until I learn how to use Cubase, no offense)
Babazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:44 AM   #168
Fex

With a project sample rate of 96kHz, Studio Devil's Virtual Bass Amp generates a buzzing noise; around - 25dB with faders at unity, with different noises depending on the VST preset and the audio device selected. I have no such problem at lower sample rates.
Fex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:09 PM   #169
Zorgos

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabbyRoad View Post
I sent an email to Music Lab. Unfortunately, their response was less than helpful.

"Unfortunately, we didn't test RealGuitar in "Reaper", that means it is not supported. Sorry for inconvenience."

I guess that's that for now. Time for my morning walkies!
I've found a way to use real guitar in reaper.
1) Locate Real Guitar folder.
2) Change real guitar .exe file, to windows xp compatibility mode (in compatibility tab)
3) If not working, check the option 'run as administrator', in the same .exe file.

ZRG
Old 04-18-2012, 01:59 AM   #170
jam92189

Default sknote specter 64bit

Sknote specter 64 bit crashes reaper whenever audio is not running and its open like when i pause for more than a second or when i start up a session with it open from the start
jam92189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #171
giewuer

I have problems with xoxos VST's
http://www.xoxos.net/vst/vst.html
For example the Fauna VST - crashes randomly after I switch presets. Does anyone have a solution for this problem or maybe it's just not compatible with Reaper?
giewuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #172
V'ger

Fauna works fine here, no problem switching presets. No other Xoxos plugin gives trouble either.
V'ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #173
giewuer

Then maybe something's wrong with my PC? What I do is set a midi item with a note, put it on loop, play and when I switch through several presets while it's playing it crashes. Actually there's no problem switching presets when REAPER is not playing.

I get the "REAPER has stopped working" error:

Quote:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: reaper.exe
Application Version: 4.2.6.1
Application Timestamp: 5033f319
Fault Module Name: CK_GUI_ENVELOPE_16.SEP
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00001c34
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1045
Additional Information 1: 0c47
Additional Information 2: 0c47ecc18b31d3b3d50c3a36f49e3b09
Additional Information 3: aad3
Additional Information 4: aad35074193892dd6b2c324e0e758b46

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
giewuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #174
V'ger

I tried a one bar note looping while changing presets (fast and slow) without any incident.

Right-click the plugin name in the add FX window and try to load it in 'buggy plugin compatibility mode'. (mine works in both modes)

Also try Fauna in other hosts like Savihost or Minihost for example, to see if it's Reaper or your system that's the issue.

Can others try it please?
Old 03-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #175
djdanlib

When AmpliTube 3 dies, which happens occasionally when I have 3 instances running, it takes down Reaper with it. The crash dump reports the faulting module is AmpliTube.

The Steven Slate VCC plugins also die and take down Reaper when scanning for VSTs if I don't have my iLok plugged in, even if I hit "cancel" on the popup message generated by the plugins.

Working well for me:
Arturia Analog Factory (VSTi)
Arturia Mini Moog VSTi
AAS Lounge Lizard
AAS Swatches (VSTi)
IK T-RackS

Mixed results:
Waves v9 (PC works great, Mac has a display/mouse bug)

Last edited by djdanlib; 03-01-2013 at 12:13 PM.
djdanlib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:42 PM   #176
rtwhiteside

AMD bass rack closes down every time
rtwhiteside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:07 PM   #177
rdesanti

Default Mdrummer issues

Does anyone out there have Reaper crash issues with Melda Productions free version of Mdrummer small free version. I downloaded and installed it ok after 3 tries but when it loads in Reaper it crashes Reaper and quits unexpectedly. I had to remove it all and toss it in the trash. Once I deleted them, Reaper returned to it's normal self. So like is there a secret to getting this to work? I'm on a MAC OS X MT LION 10.8.5. I used stuffit as they suggested to but to no avail.
--Mac Mini, 3 GHz 2 core i7 CPU, 16GB RAM, OSX Catalina V10.15.7 Crucial 1TB primary SSD, 500GB Samsung T5 SSD ext Audio drive,dual 27" displays, Reaper 64 bit latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie MR8 Mk 3 8" Monitors and Mackie VLZ 1404 mixer. 30 years in Audio.
rdesanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:15 PM   #178
V'ger

Yes, see here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewto...f=138&t=334027
Old 07-25-2014, 10:43 AM   #179
edteneyck

Plugins that hang/freeze Reaper 64bit v4.71 during startup scan:

Roger Linn Adrenalinn Sync (used to work in an earlier version)
CableGuys FilterShaper, VolumeShaper, MidiSpaher, Pancake
There are 20 or 30 more I'll have to write down. A lot are SynthEdit plugs.

Edit:
I've got Adrenalinn Sync working in FL Studio, but it still won't work in Reaper x64 4.72. I've tried deleting it from the "reaper-vstplugins64.ini"
to try and force it to rescan, but it doesn't help. It doesn't show in the list of available plugs.

Last edited by edteneyck; 09-03-2014 at 11:59 PM.
edteneyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:05 PM   #180
Nystagmus

Equilibre freeware parametric EQ doesn't properly display in ubuntu studio v14.04 LTS linux under wine v162 on reaper v47x. Luckily, the sound seems OK and the GUI can be turned off using reaper's UI button in the vst window frame that reaper provides. Equilibre vst is vaporware now and used to be known as Double Precision EQ.
Nystagmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 05:54 PM   #181
Ishkabbible

Default xoxos Radian crashes

I, too, have been having a hell of a time using xoxos' Radian. I can use it on up to 3 tracks without using the "buggy plugin mode", adding it to a 4th track causes reaper_host32 to crash. If I check the "buggy" box, I can put it on 4 tracks, but adding a 5th crashes reaper_host32.
I talked with xoxos about this and he says it is a very straightforward SynthEdit VST with only one custom module. I am also able to put it on as many tracks as I want in Podium. And xoxos tests his plugins with EnergyXT, and he hasn't seen this problem there, either. So I am quite certain this is a REaper-specific issue.
I am running REaper v4.75 x64

Any other ideas?

FYI - xoxos suggested that I try making multiple copies of the DLL in different directories. This solves the crashing problem (at least up to 8 instances), but now it is getting totally out of hand as I need at least another 8 instances for my current project, and running multiple copies makes passing presets around quite painful.

Last edited by Ishkabbible; 11-08-2014 at 06:13 PM. Reason: added EnergyXT as another example where it DOES work
Ishkabbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 06:16 PM   #182
V'ger

Must be a 64-32 bridge issue as I just run 12 tracks with an instance each and not even using buggy mode in Win XP 32.

Reaper's bridge should be as good as they come, but maybe try jBridge as an experiment.

You could also try to go a step further than 'buggy mode' and run Radian as dedicated or separate process (you can find the options (Run as) by right-clicking the plugin name in the 'Add FX' dialog box (window).
Old 11-08-2014, 07:09 PM   #183
Ishkabbible

Quote:
Originally Posted by V'ger View Post
Must be a 64-32 bridge issue as I just run 12 tracks with an instance each and not even using buggy mode in Win XP 32.

Reaper's bridge should be as good as they come, but maybe try jBridge as an experiment.

You could also try to go a step further than 'buggy mode' and run Radian as dedicated or separate process (you can find the options (Run as) by right-clicking the plugin name in the 'Add FX' dialog box (window).
Thanks, V'ger. Had to go all the way to buggy + separate process, but I now have 8 instances running successfully
Interestingly, that has also cut WAY down on my CPU usage.
Ishkabbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:21 AM   #184
audiocan

Default Reaktor GUI won't allow scrolling

Hi,

I've recently purchased Komplete Elements to compensate the lack of instruments in REAPER. So far, I'm content, but I have a big issue:

Reaktor Player patches that are larger than my screen (13" Mac) won't allow scrolling until the end of the GUI. In other words, I can see the right and/or bottom edge of the instrument. Freaking annoying.

Anyone having similar issues? I'm running on 64 bit El Capitan.
audiocan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 10:10 AM   #185
bluzkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiocan View Post
Hi,

I've recently purchased Komplete Elements to compensate the lack of instruments in REAPER. So far, I'm content, but I have a big issue:

Reaktor Player patches that are larger than my screen (13" Mac) won't allow scrolling until the end of the GUI. In other words, I can see the right and/or bottom edge of the instrument. Freaking annoying.

Anyone having similar issues? I'm running on 64 bit El Capitan.
I have Reaktor (not player)... in the file menu, under View there are size settings. Are these available in Reaktor Player?

Hope the helped.

Old 04-22-2016, 10:19 AM   #186
audiocan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzkat View Post
I have Reaktor (not player)... in the file menu, under View there are size settings. Are these available in Reaktor Player?

Hope the helped.

Hey Bluzkat,

Some of them are greyed out. Not sure which one could have helped.

http://postimg.org/image/p4vny0cfr/

This is why I love reaper: Their business model doesn't make your workflow crippled because you haven't purchased to most expensive option. Sorry for the rant
audiocan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 12:04 PM   #187
bluzkat

Did you open Reaktor Player as standalone?

I believe those options only show up when opened in your DAW, so try opening in Reaper and see if those options are there.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:18 AM   #188
ulfh

AKAI VIP 2.0 crashes quite often when it's loaded. There's workarounds, but painful.
ulfh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:32 PM   #189
CloseToTheEdge

I am unable to get anything recent by Arturia to run on my windows 7 system, standalone or VST. Slate Digital Masterbuss and channel strip can't find their copy protection dongle and are now worthless to me. I've been thinking about sticking a fork in it (windows) and getting a Mac setup. Are they any more stable than windows for REAPER? I'm not having any reaper problems per-se, just endless rubbish with plug ins and vst instruments. Thanks!
Old 06-30-2016, 01:27 AM   #190
noise_construct

Those problems aren't really caused by Windows, so changing the OS probably doesn't solve much. Dongles and all that ilok crap is a main culprit and something to be avoided on DAWs.

OSX used to be superior for almost everything, much better than Windows, but it has since gone downhill while Windows has improved massively. I don't think switching now would be a significant overall improvement like it would have been 10 years ago, you'd just get different issues and different nuances.

OSX upgrades these days are a terrifying thing compared to Windows, their recent track record is laughable- unless you own a Mac. The hardware is still sexier and better built than typical PCs, the OS looks clean and has a real bash shell, but the price premium is a tad too steep for me to miss Mac anymore.
noise_construct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:17 PM   #191
rdesanti

Default AudioThing Speaker plugin

Don't know who's tried this plug it adds EQ and compression/distortion to create a cheap speaker or broken radio sound. Works good but is a little buggy when added with other VST's. I suggest a go around by multing the track to a new one and using it dedicated.
--Mac Mini, 3 GHz 2 core i7 CPU, 16GB RAM, OSX Catalina V10.15.7 Crucial 1TB primary SSD, 500GB Samsung T5 SSD ext Audio drive,dual 27" displays, Reaper 64 bit latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie MR8 Mk 3 8" Monitors and Mackie VLZ 1404 mixer. 30 years in Audio.
rdesanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:57 PM   #192
functionform

Default Helm and Tunefish4

I posted this in the bug thread, but reposting here for completeness. They occasionally crash Reaper when being added. On reload of Repear, I can usually add fine and use fine and save and reload.

Reaper v5.40 x64 rev 584a8e (win10)

These are both open source plugins as well, so that may help debugging:
https://github.com/mtytel/helm
https://github.com/paynebc/tunefish
functionform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:47 PM   #193
Nostrap

Image-line Wave Candy crashes Reaper. Just have to have it running for a while and it will happen eventually.
Nostrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 08:09 AM   #194
amoebasinger

Default Nugen Stereoizer

I have been back-and-forth with Nugen tech support but they cannot come up with a solution. I've tried clean uninstall and re-install of their 2019 version, and 2017 version, as a control experiment but I get "intermittent" problem that the previous session's settings on the plug-in do not load. It loads instead to one of two degenerate states, with "generic settings" of two different flavors.
I am running 6.13 x64 on two different machines, and it can happen on either machine. I tried clean uninstall and re-install of 6.11; same thing.
I did not have this issue prior to May 28, 2020.
I tried installing Microsoft latest XML-handling dll's; no change.
Corrupted RPP files will show a different number of parameters in the Nugen section, but Nugen TS did not seem to be able to evaluate the significance. Once the RPP file gets corrupted, it does not appear to be reparable.
Any insight would be appreciated.

J
Old 08-11-2020, 04:16 PM   #195
philmcintosh

Default Arturia B3 low level noise issue

When I insert the B-3 V2 into a track in Reaper 6 (latest update July 2020) it shows low level activity in the meter with nothing playing. I don't actually hear anything, but it kinda looks like it might be emulating the hum you get from a bad cord or jack :-)
It does NOT happen when I load the B3 into Cakewalk by Bandlab, and it does not happen in Reaper with other synths from Arturia V6 Collection.
I had contacted Arturia support but gotten no useful response.
Attached Images
File Type: png ReaperB3issue.PNG (32.3 KB, 297 views)
philmcintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 05:20 PM   #196
Fex

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmcintosh View Post
I don't actually hear anything, but it kinda looks like it might be emulating the hum you get from a bad cord or jack :-)
Welcome to the forums. I think you're right.

I get something very similar with FL3A by Krakli. If you put ReaEQ on that track, I think you'll see the noise (as it were) in the bass end.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:21 AM   #197
philmcintosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fex View Post
Welcome to the forums. I think you're right.

I get something very similar with FL3A by Krakli. If you put ReaEQ on that track, I think you'll see the noise (as it were) in the bass end.
It's mostly below 300, but there is some in the 2k-5k range as well.
philmcintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 05:26 AM   #198
Fex

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmcintosh View Post
It's mostly below 300, but there is some in the 2k-5k range as well.
Ugh. I can use FL3A (other buggy behaviour notwithstanding) with a High pass filter. Sounds like you're on a hiding to nothing there, though....

As I understand it, some DAWs employ workarounds for plugins which fail to comply with VST standards, whereas the Reaper Devs prefer to encourage plugin developers to sort their crap out.
Old 01-25-2021, 01:34 PM   #199
spinal

The new Waves Nx Ocean Way doesn’t work. It gives me a blank fx window.
I’m running reaper 6.21 on macOS 10.13.6.
spinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 02:54 PM   #200
spinal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinal View Post
The new Waves Nx Ocean Way doesn’t work. It gives me a blank fx window.
I’m running reaper 6.21 on macOS 10.13.6.
I mailed Waves for support: "V12 plugins require a Mac computer that supports ‘Metal’.
Mac models without ‘Metal’ support are not supported with V12"

My iMac is a 2011 that doesn't support Metal, so it's neither Reaper nor waves issue, my computer is too old! It's time to buy a M1 mac
spinal is offline   Reply With Quote