Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 10-16-2019, 11:57 AM   #1
Phfraiengngchkxzcs
Human being with feelings

Default Glue individual items, or action to globally render items to new files

I've been trying to figure out a way to render items to new files in place. So far all I can find is the mouse modifier which requires that you drag an item to create the new file, and only works one item at a time.

The intended purpose for this is in cleaning up very large sessions. For example, let's say I have an orchestral session that is 5 minutes long with hundreds of midi tracks. I have a cycle action to render stems from my folders: Strings, Brass, Winds, Percussion, etc... However, many instruments may only play in short sections over the course of the entire render period. For instance, a timpani may play at 30 seconds and 4 minutes and 45 seconds, leaving 4 minutes and 15 seconds of rendered silence in between.

For this I'd like to be able to select all audio, run the "Item: Auto trim/split items (remove silence)..." to cut out all the silences, but then be able to render all of these items to new files so that I can run "Consolidate/Clean Up project audio" and get rid of the long stems, leaving only the smallest version of the project in the end. In large sessions I have found that this can save into the 10s of gigs.
Phfraiengngchkxzcs is offline   Reply With Quote