Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 06-29-2022, 01:25 AM   #1
brkncd
Human being with feelings

Default CC curve shape change after gluing clips

Hi all. I tried looking for already existing threads but I couldn't find any.
I'm having a lot of frustration with the issue. Basically I set up the preferred CC curve shape to Linear in the preference menu. If I write two CC lanes in two separated clips and the procceed to glue the clips together the last point return to have a square shape. Then I need to select that last note, right click, set CC curve shape and select Linear again.
Please see attached pics for a better description of the problem Thank you in advance
Attached Images
File Type: png clip1.PNG (15.0 KB, 54 views)
File Type: png clip2.PNG (13.6 KB, 52 views)
File Type: png clipglued.PNG (23.0 KB, 58 views)
brkncd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 10:38 AM   #2
ashcat_lt

To be fair, the shape of the curve hasn’t actually changed at all. It is pretty much exactly the combination of the two clips. I can see where you might expect that last point in the first to slope down to the first point in the second, but I’m not sure Reaper has any way of knowing that was your intention. If it made that kind of assumption by default, it would bother people who don’t want that.
ashcat_lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 02:22 AM   #3
brkncd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashcat_lt View Post
To be fair, the shape of the curve hasn’t actually changed at all. It is pretty much exactly the combination of the two clips. I can see where you might expect that last point in the first to slope down to the first point in the second, but I’m not sure Reaper has any way of knowing that was your intention. If it made that kind of assumption by default, it would bother people who don’t want that.
If you set the default preference to be linear you kinda expect it to be always linear between two points and not having an occasional square shape after using some basic funcitons like gluing clips. I can't see how it can't draw the line between two clips or how that will bother other people who chosen to have that particular shape as default.

I really can't see any pro on leaving it the way it is now and not changing it to the "expected behaviour". I don't think there's a technical limitation that doesn't allow it to work

My 2 cents of course
brkncd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 08:18 AM   #4
ashcat_lt

I mean it seems like you want it to actually change the shape when it’s glued. That will change how it sounds. If I have two items sounding the way I want, but then I glue them together and they sound different, it’s gonna be a lot of WTF.
ashcat_lt is offline   Reply With Quote