Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2020, 02:47 PM   #961
themixtape
Human being with feelings
 
themixtape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
That's how note repeat is implemented! It facilitates a MIDI Arp which is inserted in the input FX...
Maybe that is why your note repeat length is not working because you tinkered with the settings?!
Ah haha, I had no idea... I didn't mess with any of the settings, though. Still experiencing that glitchy skipping! haha. Thanks again for all your hard work, Jurgen! I stupidly didn't know that JS effect was the Note Repeat. Just never looked at my laptop that deeply, only at Push 2.

Last edited by themixtape; 03-27-2020 at 03:24 PM.
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:12 PM   #962
tdc
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
These warnings can be ignored. It just means you have not configured Folders in the device dialog.
On some platforms sometime the Reaper configure dialog blocks the DrivenByMoss configuration dialog. Try to close the dialogs in the background. You can also assign a key command to the DrivenByMoss configuration dialog.
Thanks Moss, worked a treat.

Question: Is there a way to set values to scalar float? (0.0-1.0)
tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:35 PM   #963
barbaroja
Human being with feelings
 
barbaroja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
It is Shift+New but I noticed that it did also activate record. Will be fixed in the next update!
Cool! Awesome.

I am messing with the sequencers. I think they could be one of the most powerful parts of Push 2 and your software.

Reporting back:

Hit note. When hitting the layout button, it cycles between seq types. It skips Poly Seq.

Raindrop is kind of unpredictable. If I hit a pad twice, some notes remove last written notes (intended), some of them not. I noticed it is related to the fact that the pattern could have only one visible note. It won't remove it if that is the case.


Raindrop undo deletes note per note. I suggest undo to delete the whole bunch of notes it wrote (useful in a long clip)

The clip section selection pads work really awkwardly. If I hit the last lit pad twice, it deletes the clip and places it in the next bar...

I also find awkward that, in the play, piano, seq, etc menu, it goes immediately to Device/Mix/Browse/Clip menu. It is probably for speed but actually increased the number of button presses for me since sometimes you would use both play and sequence interchangeably.

I am getting: Crash during flush. java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException Do not know if it is related to the behavior above.

I am getting a lot of color palette complaining messages. Colors work, tho.

I am attaching a log of the session where I recorded this videos.


Lag is so gone. Thank you for that!
Attached Files
File Type: txt Push 2 logs.txt (80.6 KB, 11 views)
barbaroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:50 PM   #964
mehmethan
Human being with feelings
 
mehmethan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 500
Default

Hi Moss, "Disable saving full plug-in state" --> Ticking this option also make reaper stable and no lag. So I believe we found the problem of this lag. Do you think can you fix it now?
mehmethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 01:39 AM   #965
barbaroja
Human being with feelings
 
barbaroja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 342
Default

Sorry forgot to add something:

In push 2 and probably other 64 pad controllers, the Drum 64 mode is really useful (especially with MPS RS5K script) However, I have recurring mapping issues if the different software (eg: Geist) expects a different layout.

Having this in mind and also the fact that the various drum plugins expect chromatic notes coming in a certain order:

Being the natural pad naming like this: (and what most plugins are expecting)

57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08

This is the actual mode (8x8 segmented). Some plugins may expect it as well.

29 30 31 32 61 62 63 64
25 26 27 28 57 58 59 60
21 22 23 24 53 54 55 56
17 18 19 20 49 50 51 52
13 14 15 16 45 46 47 48
09 10 11 12 41 42 43 44
05 06 07 08 37 38 39 40
01 02 03 04 33 34 35 36

It would be so awesome to have at least the linear mode. Battery (usually) uses a linear inverted mode

01 02 03 04 33 34 35 36
05 06 07 08 37 38 39 40
09 10 11 12 41 42 43 44
13 14 15 16 45 46 47 48
17 18 19 20 49 50 51 52
21 22 23 24 53 54 55 56
25 26 27 28 57 58 59 60
29 30 31 32 61 62 63 64

Well having options in this would be soooooo cool.
barbaroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 08:21 AM   #966
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Question: Is there a way to set values to scalar float? (0.0-1.0)
Sorry, don't understand your question.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 08:23 AM   #967
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
with the Clip View (Push 2), it doesn't show the notes on the screen
Got it! Fix will be in next update.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:00 AM   #968
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaroja View Post
Hit note. When hitting the layout button, it cycles between seq types. It skips Poly Seq.
This is depending on the clip length and I guess it could be to get weird results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaroja View Post
The clip section selection pads work really awkwardly. If I hit the last lit pad twice, it deletes the clip and places it in the next bar...
Hmm, yes. Reaper is not really clip based as Bitwig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaroja View Post
I also find awkward that, in the play, piano, seq, etc menu, it goes immediately to Device/Mix/Browse/Clip menu. It is probably for speed but actually increased the number of button presses for me since sometimes you would use both play and sequence interchangeably.
Sorry, do not understand what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaroja View Post
I am getting: Crash during flush. java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException Do not know if it is related to the behavior above.
Thanks, fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaroja View Post
I am getting a lot of color palette complaining messages. Colors work, tho.
You can ignore them, the Push sometimes behaves a bit stubborn in accepting the color messages.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:01 AM   #969
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehmethan View Post
Hi Moss, "Disable saving full plug-in state" --> Ticking this option also make reaper stable and no lag. So I believe we found the problem of this lag. Do you think can you fix it now?
Not sure what you mean. As several people confirmed in that thread it is fixed since 8.92.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:08 AM   #970
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 592
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaroja View Post
Sorry forgot to add something:

In push 2 and probably other 64 pad controllers, the Drum 64 mode is really useful (especially with MPS RS5K script) However, I have recurring mapping issues if the different software (eg: Geist) expects a different layout.

Having this in mind and also the fact that the various drum plugins expect chromatic notes coming in a certain order:

Being the natural pad naming like this: (and what most plugins are expecting)

57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08

This is the actual mode (8x8 segmented). Some plugins may expect it as well.

29 30 31 32 61 62 63 64
25 26 27 28 57 58 59 60
21 22 23 24 53 54 55 56
17 18 19 20 49 50 51 52
13 14 15 16 45 46 47 48
09 10 11 12 41 42 43 44
05 06 07 08 37 38 39 40
01 02 03 04 33 34 35 36

It would be so awesome to have at least the linear mode. Battery (usually) uses a linear inverted mode

01 02 03 04 33 34 35 36
05 06 07 08 37 38 39 40
09 10 11 12 41 42 43 44
13 14 15 16 45 46 47 48
17 18 19 20 49 50 51 52
21 22 23 24 53 54 55 56
25 26 27 28 57 58 59 60
29 30 31 32 61 62 63 64

Well having options in this would be soooooo cool.
Oh my, cannot tell you how much I hate dealing with pad layouts :-)

First one is already possible if you use Play mode and turn on chromatic.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 07:21 PM   #971
themixtape
Human being with feelings
 
themixtape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
Got it! Fix will be in next update.
Thanks, bro!
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 10:50 PM   #972
barbaroja
Human being with feelings
 
barbaroja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
Oh my, cannot tell you how much I hate dealing with pad layouts :-)

First one is already possible if you use Play mode and turn on chromatic.
Haha, the good thing is that you only deal with them once and they are good to go.

I tried in drum64 mode, piano, play, chromatic, non-chromatic... none of them worked.

Another HUGE feature would be some way to change the channel on the controller while retaining layout. Vey very useful when laying down multi-channel instruments. I tried everything and did not find a way to do it. I know in the config dialog you can but it completely breaks the workflow. This should work on a per-track basis, ie: The plugin remembers the channel you are working in each track, as it remembers let's say piano, drum64 or whatever you set it in.

Any ideas on the raindrop issue and the clip selection pads?

I detected an issue with the pad gain control:

Last edited by barbaroja; 03-29-2020 at 01:32 AM.
barbaroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 04:41 AM   #973
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 592
Default

Here is the video for the 8.94 features:


https://youtu.be/zlXQribt7KQ
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:50 AM   #974
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaroja View Post
it completely breaks the workflow. This should work on a per-track basis, ie: The plugin remembers the channel you are working in each track, as it remembers let's say piano, drum64 or whatever you set it in.
It already works that way (that the track remembers the selected layout). Just tried it and it works fine for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaroja View Post
Any ideas on the raindrop issue
I am afraid I cannot fix this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaroja View Post
and the clip selection pads?
What was that again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaroja View Post
I detected an issue with the pad gain control:
Cannot reproduce that. Did you change the knob speed ("Knob speed normal")? Mine is set to 10.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:47 PM   #975
barbaroja
Human being with feelings
 
barbaroja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
I am afraid I cannot fix this.


Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
What was that again?
Clip selection pads being unpredictable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
Cannot reproduce that. Did you change the knob speed ("Knob speed normal")? Mine is set to 10.
10 Here as well.

I checked out the new automation options and I find each time you hit the automate button, it comes back to read every time, (not trim which is the default mode). Could it be that it comes back to the previous mode? or at least the default track mode or trim?

Last edited by barbaroja; 03-29-2020 at 09:28 PM.
barbaroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 04:37 AM   #976
DerDudeESP
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1
Default Change Playrate Generix Flexi

Hi Moss,

great work.
Is there a way to adjust the Playrate with Generic Flexi?
DerDudeESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 05:16 AM   #977
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaroja View Post
Clip selection pads being unpredictable.
I am afraid that is also a limitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaroja View Post
10 Here as well.
Hm, then I have no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaroja View Post
I checked out the new automation options and I find each time you hit the automate button, it comes back to read every time, (not trim which is the default mode). Could it be that it comes back to the previous mode? or at least the default track mode or trim?
Will check. Trim should be possible.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 05:17 AM   #978
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerDudeESP View Post
Hi Moss,

great work.
Is there a way to adjust the Playrate with Generic Flexi?
Sorry, no.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:19 AM   #979
barbaroja
Human being with feelings
 
barbaroja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
It already works that way (that the track remembers the selected layout). Just tried it and it works fine for me.



I am afraid I cannot fix this.



What was that again?



Cannot reproduce that. Did you change the knob speed ("Knob speed normal")? Mine is set to 10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
I am afraid that is also a limitation.



Hm, then I have no idea.



Will check. Trim should be possible.

Ok. Another idea I have is having bidirectional communication for the scales between controller and reaper. Like if a midi clip has a scale set on the midi editor, push2 will read that and set the scale accordingly. If you change it in push, then reaper gets that in the midi clip. Cool, huh?
barbaroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:47 AM   #980
Joebox
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 14
Lightbulb Novation Launch control XL

Hi
First, I want to say thanks for this great project.
Are there any plans on adding support to Novation LC XL?
I found the Mackie HUI which actually covers most of the XL's functionality (thanks again!).
What I found missing were two things:
a. support for the two upper knob rows
b. Feedback to the Buttons' LEDS. For example, when choosing Arm/record for a specific track it wouldn't change the color or light it stronger. That's how it works in Ableton (which is the "native" app for LC XL). It's the same with "Solo" and "Mute".

BTW, one exception is the Master track: If you choose Mute or Solo it does brighten the button color. Yet, it always does it on the most left button, regardless of what track this channel represent.
Joebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 01:33 PM   #981
Joebox
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebox View Post
Hi
First, I want to say thanks for this great project.
Are there any plans on adding support to Novation LC XL?
I found the Mackie HUI which actually covers most of the XL's functionality (thanks again!).
What I found missing were two things:
a. support for the two upper knob rows
b. Feedback to the Buttons' LEDS. For example, when choosing Arm/record for a specific track it wouldn't change the color or light it stronger. That's how it works in Ableton (which is the "native" app for LC XL). It's the same with "Solo" and "Mute".

BTW, one exception is the Master track: If you choose Mute or Solo it does brighten the button color. Yet, it always does it on the most left button, regardless of what track this channel represent.
Hmmm, just remembered one more thing regarding the device "required" behaviour:
Buttons should light only if a corresponding track exists. e.g. if only 6 tracks exist, buttons in positions 7-8 should be off.
Thanks
Joe
Joebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:35 PM   #982
domportera
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 13
Default

The issue I'm having with the Java Virtual Machine is attached. When I press configure, nothing happens - the interface doesn't show up. Any idea what the issue might be? I installed the same way I always do. It's my first time trying it on this particular computer but I've installed it the same way on another computer using an older version and it worked fine.
Attached Images
File Type: png drivenbymoss.png (5.0 KB, 14 views)
domportera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:01 PM   #983
themixtape
Human being with feelings
 
themixtape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by domportera View Post
The issue I'm having with the Java Virtual Machine is attached. When I press configure, nothing happens - the interface doesn't show up. Any idea what the issue might be? I installed the same way I always do. It's my first time trying it on this particular computer but I've installed it the same way on another computer using an older version and it worked fine.
Not using 8.92 are you? That was a huge problem with it. 8.94 is solid, thus far.
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:08 AM   #984
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebox View Post
Buttons should light only if a corresponding track exists. e.g. if only 6 tracks exist, buttons in positions 7-8 should be off.
Thanks, will be fixed in the next updated.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:17 AM   #985
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebox View Post
Are there any plans on adding support to Novation LC XL?
I found the Mackie HUI which actually covers most of the XL's functionality (thanks again!).
It's a nice device but don't have it, so no there won't be specific support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebox View Post
What I found missing were two things:
a. support for the two upper knob rows
I only have some devices with a very rudimentary HUI protocol (also do not have the original). So, there is definitively stuff missing.

You could give the Generic Flexi a look, should give you more options to configure your device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebox View Post
b. Feedback to the Buttons' LEDS. For example, when choosing Arm/record for a specific track it wouldn't change the color or light it stronger. That's how it works in Ableton (which is the "native" app for LC XL). It's the same with "Solo" and "Mute".
Hmm, sorry cannot spot an error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebox View Post
BTW, one exception is the Master track: If you choose Mute or Solo it does brighten the button color. Yet, it always does it on the most left button, regardless of what track this channel represent.
Since there are no dedicated buttons for the Mute/Solo on the master track, this can only happen if it is "visible" on the last page of the track bank. I tried that and it lights the buttons correctly. I guess you tested with no other track present which then lights the first one since this is the master track in that case.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:13 PM   #986
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 592
Default

Version 8.95 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de

Note that the documentation is now in its own repository:
https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenBy...ster/README.md
  • APC / APCmini
    • Fixed: Fixed a crash in Raindrop sequencer
  • Generic Flexi
    • New: Added option to send the LED value even when command is received from the device.
  • Komplete Kontrol Mk 1
    • Fixed: Modulation wheel did trigger button press of the main encoder
  • Komplete Kontrol Mk 2
    • Fixed: Simulator view did not work
  • Launchpad
    • New: Poly Sequencer: Currently played sequencer notes are also lit on the play area
    • Fixed: Note mode menu could not be called up from any drum mode
    • Fixed: Fixed a crash in Raindrop sequencer
  • Mackie HUI:
    • Fixed: New command could not be triggered from footswitch
    • Fixed: Simulator GUI did not work
    • Fixed: DO not light LEDs for non-existing tracks
  • Push 1/2
    • New: Poly Sequencer: Currently played sequencer notes are also lit on the play area
    • New: When Automation is turned off it is set to Trim/Read instead of Read.
    • Fixed: Shift+New did also activate Record but should not
    • Fixed: Fixed a crash in Raindrop sequencer
    • Fixed: Push 2: Clip Mode in midi grid layout did not show the notes

Enjoy!
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:23 PM   #987
Joebox
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post

You could give the Generic Flexi a look, should give you more options to configure your device.
I would love to check Generic Flexi. It looks very customizable, however, I got lost over there. Is there any document/video/anything explaining it?
Also, is it possible to enable it in parallel with the HUI controller, both using the same MIDI input/output?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
Since there are no dedicated buttons for the Mute/Solo on the master track, this can only happen if it is "visible" on the last page of the track bank. I tried that and it lights the buttons correctly. I guess you tested with no other track present which then lights the first one since this is the master track in that case.
No, I checked it with several tracks. The behaviour looks like that:
Added 3 tracks. Therefore, the 4th position became Master.
all controls in the 4th column (volume fader, Pan knob, arm, solo, mute) work fine, controlling the master. Only the feedback not shown in the 4th- the LED changes color in the 1st column...
Joebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 04:07 PM   #988
frano
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 3
Default APC40 Mk2 A|B slider && own mapping

Hi,

Are you planning to implement the functionality of A|B buttons on APC40Mk2? It would be great to control different tracks by setting them to A or B. Are you considering ableton-like option to override default mapping (panorama/send knobs) in the future?

Love your work and really appreciate!
frano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:38 PM   #989
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebox View Post
I would love to check Generic Flexi. It looks very customizable, however, I got lost over there. Is there any document/video/anything explaining it?
Also, is it possible to enable it in parallel with the HUI controller, both using the same MIDI input/output?
No, parallel does not work. The Generic Flexi playlist is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...MQ9mdEDJDColcP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebox View Post
No, I checked it with several tracks. The behaviour looks like that:
Added 3 tracks. Therefore, the 4th position became Master.
all controls in the 4th column (volume fader, Pan knob, arm, solo, mute) work fine, controlling the master. Only the feedback not shown in the 4th- the LED changes color in the 1st column...
Strange, I cannot reproduce that.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:38 PM   #990
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frano View Post
Hi,
Are you planning to implement the functionality of A|B buttons on APC40Mk2? It would be great to control different tracks by setting them to A or B. Are you considering ableton-like option to override default mapping (panorama/send knobs) in the future?
It is like that on Bitwig, but how should that work with Reaper? There is no A/B state.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 01:21 AM   #991
Joebox
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
Strange, I cannot reproduce that.

Nothing changed after overwriting previous 8.94 with v8.95 (including this "Fixed: DO not light LEDs for non-existing tracks").
Only after deleting all (relevant) files and folders under UserPlugins and re-install changes took place. (BTW, is it the common practice?)
And now, the funniest thing happened:
Now, almost everything works perfectly including the LED feedbacks- for each channel and for the Master!
The only thing DOESN'T work is the fix you did ( DO not light LEDs for non-existing tracks)...

Last edited by Joebox; 04-02-2020 at 02:09 AM.
Joebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:22 AM   #992
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebox View Post
Nothing changed after overwriting previous 8.94 with v8.95 (including this "Fixed: DO not light LEDs for non-existing tracks").
Only after deleting all (relevant) files and folders under UserPlugins and re-install changes took place. (BTW, is it the common practice?)
And now, the funniest thing happened:
Now, almost everything works perfectly including the LED feedbacks- for each channel and for the Master!
The only thing DOESN'T work is the fix you did ( DO not light LEDs for non-existing tracks)...
Never copy it over! Otherwise you have different version of files and you get random effects depending on which one is picked up first...

Can you tell me which LEDs do not work? I tested also in the simulator and it works fine, maybe you can compare with that too (Debug button -> Simulator).
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 07:29 AM   #993
grillo
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10
Default Issue with mac os 10.12.6 MCU pro and reaper 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
Version 8.95 is online!


Enjoy!
Hi all

thank you for this great job!
I have an issue with you're "driver" with mac os 10.12.6+ MCU pro + reaper 6 : When i select touch mode on a track ( with every kind of automations volume etc) and move a fader or o knob, the curve constantly make shorts peaks. I try to attach an Screen shot to explain that. If i use latch mode i haven't this issue.
If i use the generic driver for MCU control, i don't have any issu with the touch mode.

G
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture d’écran 2020-04-02 à 16.24.09 (1).jpg (36.2 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by grillo; 04-02-2020 at 08:15 AM.
grillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 08:27 AM   #994
Joebox
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
Never copy it over! Otherwise you have different version of files and you get random effects depending on which one is picked up first...

Can you tell me which LEDs do not work? I tested also in the simulator and it works fine, maybe you can compare with that too (Debug button -> Simulator).
As I said, it works well now: the channel LEDs changes color/brightness when choosing solo/mute/arm for every channel. The feedback for the master is also lighting at the correct channel (which is dynamic). Great!

What doesn't work: still, all LEDs are working, even for non-existing channels.

Another thing I noticed is that the "Send a/b/c/..." is toggled by the "Device" button
whilst it should be done (at least in LC XL) by Send up/down (two buttons).
If this helps- the Send up = CC 104 and Send Down = CC 105.
Joebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:58 PM   #995
imagineaudio
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 2
Default

I'm having trouble installing this on OSX 10.13.6. REAPER v6.07/64
This is a mid 2010 Macbook Pro that has been repaired after being out of commission for 4-5 years. I've upgraded the the OS, however there is still a bunch of outdated and legacy software installed.

I'n not very savvy so not sure what I'm doing wrong. I followed the instructions in the .zip. I didn't have the REAPER/userplugins folder so I created it. I can see DBM4R in the control surface menu. I also tried following the installation youtube video, but after editing the info.plist, Reaper wouldn't start, so I restored that file back to the original.

My JAVA HOME path is: /Library/Application Support/REAPER/UserPlugins/java-runtime

When I open the configure pane this is what I'm getting:

Loading device INI files from /Users/ryanbertolami/Library/Application Support/REAPER ...
/Users/ryanbertolami/Library/Application Support/REAPER/reaper-fxfolders.ini not present, skipped loading.
Mackie MCU - Control Universal: Starting...
Mackie MCU - Control Universal: Running.
Invalid MIDI data.
javax.sound.midi.InvalidMidiDataException: data1 out of range: -15
at java.desktop/javax.sound.midi.ShortMessage.setMessage(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/javax.sound.midi.ShortMessage.<init>(Unknown Source)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.midi.MidiConnectio n.createShortMessage(MidiConnection.java:294)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.midi.MidiConnectio n.sendRaw(MidiConnection.java:218)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.midi.MidiOutputImp l.sendMidiShort(MidiOutputImpl.java:51)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.daw.midi.AbstractMidiOutp utImpl.sendChannelAftertouch(AbstractMidiOutputImp l.java:74)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.mcu.MCUControllerSetup.u pdateVUandFaders(MCUControllerSetup.java:720)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.mcu.MCUControllerSetup.l ambda$flush$0(MCUControllerSetup.java:183)
at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.mcu.MCUControllerSetup.f lush(MCUControllerSetup.java:175)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.controller.AbstractControlle rInstance.flush(AbstractControllerInstance.java:19 5)
at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.controller.ControllerInstanc eManager.flushAll(ControllerInstanceManager.java:1 86)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.MainApp.flushToController(Ma inApp.java:247)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.MainApp.lambda$new$1(MainApp .java:90)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Unknow n Source)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessI mpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilter s(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(U nknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Invalid MIDI data.
javax.sound.midi.InvalidMidiDataException: data1 out of range: -15
at java.desktop/javax.sound.midi.ShortMessage.setMessage(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/javax.sound.midi.ShortMessage.<init>(Unknown Source)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.midi.MidiConnectio n.createShortMessage(MidiConnection.java:294)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.midi.MidiConnectio n.sendRaw(MidiConnection.java:218)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.midi.MidiOutputImp l.sendMidiShort(MidiOutputImpl.java:51)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.daw.midi.AbstractMidiOutp utImpl.sendChannelAftertouch(AbstractMidiOutputImp l.java:66)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.mcu.MCUControllerSetup.u pdateVUandFaders(MCUControllerSetup.java:697)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.mcu.MCUControllerSetup.l ambda$flush$0(MCUControllerSetup.java:183)
at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.mcu.MCUControllerSetup.f lush(MCUControllerSetup.java:175)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.controller.AbstractControlle rInstance.flush(AbstractControllerInstance.java:19 5)
at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.controller.ControllerInstanc eManager.flushAll(ControllerInstanceManager.java:1 86)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.MainApp.flushToController(Ma inApp.java:247)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.MainApp.lambda$new$1(MainApp .java:90)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Unknow n Source)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessI mpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilter s(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(U nknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Closing controller...
Exited.
Release resources...
Closing midi connections...

Last edited by imagineaudio; 04-02-2020 at 01:03 PM.
imagineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:59 PM   #996
domportera
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
Not using 8.92 are you? That was a huge problem with it. 8.94 is solid, thus far.
I'm using 8.94, but I'm gonna try 8.95 and report back
domportera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:37 PM   #997
themixtape
Human being with feelings
 
themixtape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
Version 8.95 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de

Note that the documentation is now in its own repository:
https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenBy...ster/README.md
  • APC / APCmini
    • Fixed: Fixed a crash in Raindrop sequencer
  • Generic Flexi
    • New: Added option to send the LED value even when command is received from the device.
  • Komplete Kontrol Mk 1
    • Fixed: Modulation wheel did trigger button press of the main encoder
  • Komplete Kontrol Mk 2
    • Fixed: Simulator view did not work
  • Launchpad
    • New: Poly Sequencer: Currently played sequencer notes are also lit on the play area
    • Fixed: Note mode menu could not be called up from any drum mode
    • Fixed: Fixed a crash in Raindrop sequencer
  • Mackie HUI:
    • Fixed: New command could not be triggered from footswitch
    • Fixed: Simulator GUI did not work
    • Fixed: DO not light LEDs for non-existing tracks
  • Push 1/2
    • New: Poly Sequencer: Currently played sequencer notes are also lit on the play area
    • New: When Automation is turned off it is set to Trim/Read instead of Read.
    • Fixed: Shift+New did also activate Record but should not
    • Fixed: Fixed a crash in Raindrop sequencer
    • Fixed: Push 2: Clip Mode in midi grid layout did not show the notes

Enjoy!
Love it. Thanks, Jurgen! Slightly weird behavior (not a big deal as I rarely use it) but Clip View when using the Raindrop Sequencer is a bunch of garbled stuff on the display... a bit strange, but not a big deal.

No lag with anything at all. The Note Length with Note Repeat still skips over 1/16 and 1/32, but no big deal. Everything else is working great. Thanks again for all your hard work!
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 05:02 AM   #998
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grillo View Post
Hi all

thank you for this great job!
I have an issue with you're "driver" with mac os 10.12.6+ MCU pro + reaper 6 : When i select touch mode on a track ( with every kind of automations volume etc) and move a fader or o knob, the curve constantly make shorts peaks. I try to attach an Screen shot to explain that. If i use latch mode i haven't this issue.
If i use the generic driver for MCU control, i don't have any issu with the touch mode.

G
I can reproduce that but sadly have no idea what to do about it. The code is the same as with the other modes, just that it is a different mode.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 05:04 AM   #999
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebox View Post
As I said, it works well now: the channel LEDs changes color/brightness when choosing solo/mute/arm for every channel. The feedback for the master is also lighting at the correct channel (which is dynamic). Great!

What doesn't work: still, all LEDs are working, even for non-existing channels.

Another thing I noticed is that the "Send a/b/c/..." is toggled by the "Device" button
whilst it should be done (at least in LC XL) by Send up/down (two buttons).
If this helps- the Send up = CC 104 and Send Down = CC 105.
Could it be that the colors are toggled by the device itself? Did you compare with the simulator?
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 05:08 AM   #1000
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineaudio View Post
I'n not very savvy so not sure what I'm doing wrong. I followed the instructions in the .zip. I didn't have the REAPER/userplugins folder so I created it. I can see DBM4R in the control surface menu. I also tried following the installation youtube video, but after editing the info.plist, Reaper wouldn't start, so I restored that file back to the original.
I guess you followed an old video. The latest documentation is here:
https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenBy...nstallation.md
Especially, note the Macos specifics.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.