Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 07-27-2021, 07:58 AM   #1
Hypex
Human being with feelings

Default Where do I find info about text fonts, sizes and borders?

Hi guys.

So I've been reading all about SWELL, WALTER and recently discovered the theme tools in the action list. But what I still can't find is what Reaper is using for a font, what size it is and how it creates button borders. I even snapped the screen and loaded it into GIMP, comparing pixel colours with what is listed in the theme colour editor as well as matching RGB values from font colours, back and fore grounds and borders in the reaper.ini file. I found a few matches but nothing for anything relevant to what I was looking for. The closest I found was Window background that was similar but not exact. The Window text was too dark.

Indeed, the theme tweaker is displaying a list, but the window list background is not the same colour! It looks exactly like I/O window 3d shadow instead. And when I select an item, the colour of a selected item doesn't match any thing in the list settings, but I'm looking at a list!

I'm reading a bit of background, foreground and text. But some of these look the same. What does it mean by those terms? Is there a pictorial guide to match those terms with window elements? I tried the element finder but I saw was the TCP fading and the list is too huge to select from. As soon as I pick one it snaps the list back to the top. And I didn't see anything highlighted.

Apart from that what about border colours? I didn't see anything specific to button borders. Does it use some predefined algorithm with another colour and vary it with an alpha channel? I couldn't match any colours with what was on the edges.

Mind you, I don't want to tweak it as this point. I just want to find out what it is using for the basic dialog window colours, the font and how a button border is constructed. I thought this would be rudimentary info to find but I'm stuck finding it. Beats me! :-P
Hypex is offline   Reply With Quote