Old 03-04-2015, 01:27 PM   #1
ksor
Human being with feelings

Default Windows Mediaplayer ???

How come I can't get no sound from this - where and what should I change in its settings ?

I'm running:

Windows XP
Reaper latest version
TerraTec Phase88 soundcard
Old 03-04-2015, 03:41 PM   #2
DVDdoug

Are you getting sound from any other applications? Is that soundcard selected as your default in Windows Control Panel?

If you've also got a "normal" consumer soundcard/soundchip is WMP playing through that?

In WMP you can right-click in the munu bar to bring-up a menu. Click Tools -> Options -> Devices -> Speakers -> Properties, and from there you can select the device.

Last edited by DVDdoug; 03-04-2015 at 03:47 PM.
DVDdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:03 AM   #3
ksor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDdoug View Post
Are you getting sound from any other applications? Is that soundcard selected as your default in Windows Control Panel?

If you've also got a "normal" consumer soundcard/soundchip is WMP playing through that?

In WMP you can right-click in the munu bar to bring-up a menu. Click Tools -> Options -> Devices -> Speakers -> Properties, and from there you can select the device.
Yeah, I get the system sounds, the audio from Mediaplayer too - but I would like that sound to be reachable from Reaper too.

In the MediaPlayer I can set something called "Audio renderer" and here I can see 10 alternatives to choose and 2 of them include the name of my recording system Phase88 - but no sound is avaiable in the Phase88 (=none of the signal LED is flashing) no matter witch of the 2 alternatives I choose.

the 2 alternatives is named:

5: DirectSound: PHASE 88 Rack FW (9) MC Out (00200000)
7: PHASE 88 Rack FW (9) MC Out (00200000)

these 2 alternatives ( 5 and 7) cut off sound in the pc headphones - all other alternatives have the sound in the pc headphones except:

8: Null (anything)
9 Null (uncompressed)

Any idea how to get the sound presentable for Reaper ... maybe only a cable, but that's a bad idea ;-))