Old 11-19-2018, 02:40 PM   #1
Tod
Human being with feelings

Default Wow, a video section!!

I just logged in and ha ha, we have a video section.

I've been using Reaper to do my videos for quite a while now, but I honestly don't know much
about it. What I've done so fare is all pretty simple stuff.

What would really be great is if we had a single source that explains what's available for
creating & editing video in Reaper. Also some tips on how, where, and when to use the presets.
Trying to search or google is very time consuming and seldom provides any useful information.

I do know first hand on how hard it is to put something like that together, and actually this
video section may end up providing a lot in this regards.

At any rate, this video section is great.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:19 AM   #2
Eliseat

Yes, it is.

I will soon start a thread with links to user created presets and another one with descriptions of the actual presets in Reaper.

In the last weeks really cool video processor additions were be made. Such as Text overlay with shadows, blend modes, blur and Gaussian blur and of course the great alpha blend preset which is the most important step forward in Reapers video editing.

This is going to be a great place for all the curious video people out there.
Eliseat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 07:24 AM   #3
karbomusic

While everyone is considering presets/video processors, a simple YRGB curve editor of some type and a simple temperature control would be helpful. I now use (and love) Davinci Resolve for most of my video work but 1/3 of that could be back in Reaper if I could do some type of simple color grading beyond what is there now. I don't expect or want Reaper to be a mainstream video app but some basic color grading would be useful.

Last edited by karbomusic; 11-20-2018 at 07:33 AM.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:13 AM   #4
Eliseat

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
While everyone is considering presets/video processors, a simple YRGB curve editor of some type and a simple temperature control would be helpful. I now use (and love) Davinci Resolve for most of my video work but 1/3 of that could be back in Reaper if I could do some type of simple color grading beyond what is there now. I don't expect or want Reaper to be a mainstream video app but some basic color grading would be useful.
Hi Karbomusic,

a simple RGB color correction is already made from propianist: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=202946

That's of course not curves like in Photoshop but it helps a little bit. A true (graphical) curve editor isn't possible as the Video processor only offers parameter knobs. But an automatic white balance with temperature control sounds pretty cool and maybe it is doable.

The problem is that the video abilities of Reaper suffer from the fat base component of Reaper: Audio editing. Most people know about Reapers video but have no idea how to use it properly. There was no place where people could share ideas, knowledge and presets for video. SO it was time to create this sub forum.

The more people show interest, the more people get on focus and help to make video more important and user friendly. (Even if Justin has indicated that he's not really delighted about to much video action. )
Eliseat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:42 AM   #5
karbomusic

Quote:
That's of course not curves like in Photoshop but it helps a little bit. A true (graphical) curve editor isn't possible as the Video processor only offers parameter knobs. But an automatic white balance with temperature control sounds pretty cool and maybe it is doable.
Thanks for the preset and yes temperature would be nice since with it, there is a small amount of video work I could do in reaper again.