Old 01-31-2006, 05:23 PM   #1
Ben Zero
Human being with feelings

Default Some bugs and some thoughts

Just some things I've noticed in the last few builds. Briefly:

- If you zoom in quite far, you're no longer able to make a time selection. In fact, the further you zoom in generally the more sporadic the time selection seems to become. Should it move in pixels? Seems pretty jerky at the moment.

- I know you increased how far you can zoom in, but it's still not very far! Any chance of upping this?

- The waveform displays are still quite blocky - do you plan to make them higher resolution?

- Clicking on an item and pressing CTRL and then dragging doesn't make a copy. Is this something you plan on adding?

Thanks

Ben
Ben Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 05:31 PM   #2
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Zero
Just some things I've noticed in the last few builds. Briefly:

- If you zoom in quite far, you're no longer able to make a time selection. In fact, the further you zoom in generally the more sporadic the time selection seems to become. Should it move in pixels? Seems pretty jerky at the moment.

- I know you increased how far you can zoom in, but it's still not very far! Any chance of upping this?

- The waveform displays are still quite blocky - do you plan to make them higher resolution?

- Clicking on an item and pressing CTRL and then dragging doesn't make a copy. Is this something you plan on adding?

Thanks

Ben

For the first, you probably have the "loop selection granularity" project setting on. hit alt+enter and turn it off. the way that thing works is changing in the next version, anyway.

I suppose we can zoom in more, 3200 pix/s isn't enough eh? what are you thinking for a max?

Try increasing the peaks cache resolution in the prefs, and rebuilding all peaks, and see if it looks better.

Re: Ctrl+dragging for copy, not sure how I feel about this, but I will think about it some. right now, using ctrl lets you move something independent of the rest of its group, which I find a lot more useful. A Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V pair is too much to ask eh?

-Justin
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 06:12 PM   #3
Rednroll

"Clicking on an item and pressing CTRL and then dragging doesn't make a copy. Is this something you plan on adding?"

Yeah, that's a Vegas feature. It's actually one that I don't like, because I accidentally copy events all the time and I have them on top of each other without knowing it. I prefer the Cntrl+C, Cntrl+V Windows methology. Maybe you could explain a little more on how you use this feature in your workflow Ben?
Rednroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:47 PM   #4
RokkD

I have to say I much prefer the ctrl drag method, it gives me more control and enables me to quickly move clips around, all the other apps Ive used have this function, it was one of the first things I noticed with Reaper, but I just thought it was on the to do list.

Another thing Id like to mention is, with other apps when I grab the end of a clip and drag it to the far right or far left and out of the grid area it will continue to unravel until I release it, this doesn't happen with Reaper, just wondering if you have any plans to change this.

Other than that.....brrrm...brrrm

RokkD

--
RokkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:05 PM   #5
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RokkD
Another thing Id like to mention is, with other apps when I grab the end of a clip and drag it to the far right or far left and out of the grid area it will continue to unravel until I release it, this doesn't happen with Reaper--
seeing that here too
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:12 PM   #6
Ben Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednroll
Maybe you could explain a little more on how you use this feature in your workflow Ben?
Well it's just damn handy to be honest. Standard Windows feature... as Vegas has always followed Win conventions... and even many lesser DAWs let you CTRL+drag to copy. Just seems odd it not being there.

B
Ben Zero is offline   Reply With Quote