Old 01-31-2006, 08:57 PM   #1
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Default Waves GTR

Anyone seeing this in reaper? I can see the gtrwaveshell.dll vst showig up in the plug folder but thats it.
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:31 AM   #2
Rednroll
Human being with feelings

Which waves plugin is that? I'ld try it out, but I'm not sure which one you're referring to.

http://www.waves.com/content.asp?id=16
Rednroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:34 AM   #3
Rednroll

Oh wait, I think I found it. I don't think I have that one, unless it came in the Musicians bundle.

http://www.waves.com/content.asp?id=15
Old 02-01-2006, 11:54 AM   #4
pipelineaudio
Mortal

yup the gtr one. My demo's just about up on it anway...was gonna try it in reaper's low latency but no biggie. Once the generic VST interface is in reaper, the simulanalog ones will be fine for that
Old 02-01-2006, 12:05 PM   #5
Rednroll

Does it sound any good? I've played around with the Blue Tube, Antares, and Amplitube Guitar Amp Sims. The one I think I liked the most is "Amplitube", although I found the user interface kind of difficult to use. I have to say, the Damage Control Demonizer I recently purchased is Awesome though. I have a few Demonizer Guitar Tracks, that I've been meaning to upload to give everyone a taste, as well as the direct pick-up record tracks. So I'm thinking this will give others a chance to compare other Amp Sim H/W or S/W to the Demonizer tracks by using the same direct Pick-up tracks I used.

Unfortunately the tracks I recorded the playing was a little sloppy in some places, and the guitar seemed like it was a bit out of tune on some notes.

Also the same week I was working on that stuff, I blew a tweeter out on my Alesis Monitor 1's. So I was making adjustments on the Demonizer using only one monitor. UPS should be in today with my replacement tweeter.

Last edited by Rednroll; 02-01-2006 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:27 PM   #6
pipelineaudio
Mortal

I dont think the GTR sounded as good as the simulanalog stuff, but the simulanalog needs a GUI

http://www.simulanalog.org/guitarsuite.htm
Old 02-01-2006, 01:10 PM   #7
Rednroll

I'll have to try that one out. The samples on that site didn't impress me all that much. It seemed to lack a lot of low end fullness, but that might just because of the record setup.

"Guitar Suite Samples
Samples recorded by Sergio Cruz with a USA 1990 Steinberger guitar, model GM4T with EMG pickup's, through Behringer Eurorack MX 602A mixer and a Delta Audio File 2496 sound card."

It might just have something to do with the Behringer mixer, and the Steinberger guitar.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:00 PM   #8
RokkD

Hi guys

I have the JCM 900 with a GUI, I reckon it's the best amp out there, Im trying to find a link for it now,....don't go anywhere...Ill be back

--
RokkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:59 PM   #9
RokkD

.....phew...that was a betch to track down, so put it somewhere safe, the GUI juuuuust about fits on the screen, you can just about grab the volume control and then play it by ear.

I dont know if it's me or what, but I can never get channel A to work ...still sounds good though!

Don't know if you have this one or not so Ill throw it in here too.

FreeAmp
http://207.218.248.76/~fretted/ampsims.html#FreeAmpSE

JVM 900
http://dapoup.celeonet.fr/tribute/in...st=s1129293038

....brmmm..brmmm..

--
Old 02-01-2006, 03:10 PM   #10
pipelineaudio
Mortal

AWESOME!!!!! Did he gui the other stuff too?

this thing ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good thing I got dual monitors and 1280 X1024 on each LOL

Last edited by pipelineaudio; 02-01-2006 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:50 PM   #11
pipelineaudio
Mortal

JVM isnt saving its settings correctly. I set it to the higain channel, save, quit and reopen

It pops back up with everything looking right, and the light for the higain channel on, but it is the low gain channel. CLick the channel switch twice and its back to glorious marshall destruction
Old 02-02-2006, 01:27 PM   #12
RokkD

Yep, same thing here, although I have one more step, even with the volume set at around 3/4 it sounds like its on 1/4 until I jiggle the volume knob,.....must be a loose connection somewhere,.. Id love to be able to get in there with a screwdriver, Id have ago at fixing channel A while I was at it too..

--
Old 02-02-2006, 03:51 PM   #13
Rednroll

When you guys gonna quit F'ing around with that sh*t and get something that really sounds like a Marshall Stack? Get a Demonizer. It has REAL Tubes, as well as an optional output jack with an analog circuit that simulates a mic being placed on a 4x12 cabinet stack. It's built like a brick shit house too. So when the drummer gets out of line you can smack them over the head, knock em out and still go back to playing the guitar without damaging your equipment.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:55 PM   #14
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednroll
When you guys gonna quit F'ing around with that sh*t and get something that really sounds like a Marshall Stack? Get a Demonizer. It has REAL Tubes, as well as an optional output jack with an analog circuit that simulates a mic being placed on a 4x12 cabinet stack. It's built like a brick shit house too. So when the drummer gets out of line you can smack them over the head, knock em out and still go back to playing the guitar without damaging your equipment.
I got a pair of recto recording pre's they work no joke!

But I seriously like this JCM900 from simulanalog. Try it, youll be strangely surprised
Old 02-03-2006, 10:22 AM   #15
fluffy

I've always liked the SimulAnalog stuff, particularly the Twin. But I got a Hughes and Kettner Tubeman, and it was all over. Check one out! (Or just run a nice tube pre into the line in of one of your Red Boxes -- GLORIOUS !)
fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 06:42 PM   #16
petramar

I, for a change, keep my pedals in the dust since my notebook is harbouring the guitar amp and effects powerhouses Guitar Rig 2 and Amplitube.
I plug in and enter, in Guitar Rig, the Universe Of Possible Guitar Sounds, from variations on 'clean' to reversed symphonies and everything in between, all triggered by my humble Fender Strat.
Amplitube is great, with an almost physical touch, Guitar Rig 2 is simply amazing, especially - and for any guitarist - as a standalone program. It changes your view of your own instrument.
petramar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:01 PM   #17
fluffy

I was screwing around a few minutes ago with Reaper's onboard amp sims - the JS ones. I've got to say, they pretty respectable. They're convolution based, but with really low latency so they're playable live. The Bassman/Bassman model sounds pretty darned good, and a lot like my Bassman Ten (my all time favorite amp). Put the JS distortion in front of it and it's pretty rockin!
fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote