Old 08-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
SmityWerbenJagermanJensen
Human being with feelings

Default Battery 4 routing

I am attempting to route the audio from my Battery 4 track into individual tracks as well as a few busses and am having difficulty in understanding (and thus configuring) proper routing.

I should point out I've spent a few hours on this and am thoroughly at a loss.. frustrated. :c (

I am able to take individual, stereo-out, tracks (say ReaSynth and the ReaSyndrums) and route them properly by opening the routing matrix and disabling Master from each and then setting each to my bus channel - perfect)

However, with Battery 4 it doesn't seem to work.

It appears B4 has it's own multitimbral interal routing.. perhaps that is part of the issue? I have set each pad to a different stereo direct out in Bt4 but can only hear it through the main Battery 4 track. I've gotten setup as far to SEE the audio VU meters moving in the individual tracks, but the volume sliders don't function..

If anyone is willing to direct me to a helpful answer (that isn't "read the manual" I'd be willing to give it a go!) or at least points me in the correct direction, I'd be super thankful!!
Old 08-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
DarkStar

Right-click in the TCP area below any existing tracks
Select "Insert virtual instrument on new track"
Select Battery
In the "Build Routing Confirmation " window, click [Yes]

Now your Battery tack is multichannel AND those channels are routed to additional tracks.

Load your drum kit in Battery, and route each drum kit piece to the desired Battery output.

-------------
Job done. Now you have some time over, check out the User Guide and hopi's PDF guide to Multi-Out VSTis, for newcomers. You can download it from this thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=114241
Old 08-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #3
SmityWerbenJagermanJensen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
Right-click in the TCP area below any existing tracks
Select "Insert virtual instrument on new track"
Select Battery
In the "Build Routing Confirmation " window, click [Yes]

Now your Battery tack is multichannel AND those channels are routed to additional tracks.

Load your drum kit in Battery, and route each drum kit piece to the desired Battery output.

-------------
Job done. Now you have some time over, check out the User Guide and hopi's PDF guide to Multi-Out VSTis, for newcomers. You can download it from this thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=114241

Nope job not done... This is where I began.. 5 hours ago.

But your posting did give me thought (so thanks!).. I found a workaround by simply letting Reaper route the full 16 stereo channels and then loading the track manager (View > Track Manager). From there, one can deselect the channels they don't want to see (although they are still there - that is the flaw) from both the transport and mixer control panels.

After this is done, loading the Routing Matrix (View > Routing Matrix) and deselecting the master out for the battery channels and then routing (selecting) the channels through the Bus ('1' in the photo) does the trick for the most part.

However, originally, I wanted to simply have X number of channels (not ALL 16) and then route them through a bus or two.. which was not (and still is not unless you let Battery route all 16 at the start) functioning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg battery4 in reaper - bus 1.jpg (51.9 KB, 776 views)
Old 08-08-2018, 01:12 PM   #4
Dun

Default Answer long time coming

Obviously this response is 5 years too late, but for more people like me who didn't know the answer, here's where you do it.
It's called the plug in pin connector, and after you set new outputs in it you can route them out to additional tracks using the routing window.

Kenny Gioia the brilliant made a great video tutorial explaining the concept in:
The Plugin Pin Connector
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIhFXvkB120
Dun is offline   Reply With Quote