Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 08-07-2018, 03:50 PM   #1
CEART
Human being with feelings

Default Render items w/automation and replacing source items.

Hi forum pals,

Maybe a newcomer question (what I am in Reaper) I am applying volume curve envelope to compensate level in multiple clips. Not a big deal, plain simple. I want to render items including volume/pan/pitch curves without create new takes or stem tracks. Just items replacing in place, same time selection.
"Render items as a new take" seem ignore automation curves for renderized clips, even from a single item.

Would two options be possible?
1. Creation of a single renderized item in the same track, within time selection, with automation applied from the three items without need to glue them (avoiding the extra steps)
2. Creation of three renderized item in the same track, within time selection, with automation applied from the three items.

Since there is many clips to process I want to avoid excesive clicking/mouse action in order to optimize and save time.
Is there already an action or macro for this purpose?

Cheers to everyone! Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Render_items_with_curves.jpg (47.3 KB, 188 views)

Last edited by CEART; 08-08-2018 at 01:37 AM.
CEART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:39 AM   #2
SonicAxiom

To apply a track's volume envelope to an item, you need to trigger a post fader render action. Be aware that a post fader render will also apply all enabled track fx to all items on that track. Obviously, all take/item fx will also get rendered. If you don't want track fx to be included, you may disable certain track fx before rendering or restrict the render area by setting a time selection and triggering an action that takes the time selection into account.

Unfortunately, there's currently no action I know of that can copy a track's volume envelope to a take envelope. In the future, you may create item volume envelopes to begin with to accomplish what you are looking for. However, you can't benefit from automation items. Also note that if you are using fade ins/outs on items, there are two different actions to glue such items in place: One takes the fades into account, the other one does not (= default).

Old 08-14-2018, 11:30 AM   #3
CEART

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicAxiom View Post
To apply a track's volume envelope to an item, you need to trigger a post fader render action................account, the other one does not (= default).

Thank you, those are important remarks. Meanwhile I'm trying to find an action that allows rendering in a normal way considering items/takes and not full tracks.
While I hate to settle down in comfort zones, also is crucial to know what can be possible with Reaper as much as what not. Limitations either can frustrate or stimulate you to look for workarounds, Repaer is fertile ground for both!

BTW, will try your plugins, look great! kudos.
CEART is offline   Reply With Quote