Old 04-01-2018, 07:16 AM   #1
astrotrain
Human being with feelings

Default Good MIDI controller keyboard

Hi!

I'm looking for a decent MIDI controller keyboard with aftertouch that integrates well with Reaper, i.e. faders & Co all work, preferably out of the box or with very little tinkering. I would like to use it as both a controller and VST instrument (with Superior Drummer, Instant Orchestra, and the likes).

I've looked around and come up with a list of products I might consider, but I'd like the community's perspective on whether these are any good with Reaper. I'm not asking whether the keys feel 'right' because that's highly personal. My main question is about compatibility and I'm looking at a price range from about $100-$450.

This list is:

- Nektar Panorama P4
- Akai Advance 49
- Akai MPK 249
- Novation Impulse 49
- Roland A-500
- Alesis VX49
- Samson Graphite 49

If anyone can recommend any of these (based on actual experience with Reaper), I'd be much obliged to know. If, however, there are better keyboards, I'm also keen to know about these.

Thanks!
astrotrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 06:49 PM   #2
birdbrain
Human being with feelings

I am suprised nobody replied to this post. Did you get your keyboard controller with after touch?
Not on your list, but mine is the Xboard 49. Great synth action with a bunch of knobs. Of course they are no longer in production. If I needed a replacement at this time, I would consider the Akai MPK 49 because.
birdbrain is offline   Reply With Quote