Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 03-09-2018, 12:42 PM   #1
mccrabney
Human being with feelings

Default How to Avoid these Functions that I Never, Ever Use or Want?

for all the great shit i get into, here are some annoyances that i can't seem to killfor good.

1- looped content. it seems like no matter what settings i adjust, i always end up with a midi item that loops instead of lengthens when i adjust the endpoint. i never want looped content. i make copies of the item if i want something looped. CTRL-A + F2 and unchecking "looped content" helps but it always comes back somehow

2- Track List and Media Item Lane in MIDI editor. I never use these and never want to see them, but they keep appearing, and i can't figure out why. they take up valuable screen space and i only use a laptop screen.

3- pinned windows. the only time i ever use pinned windows is when i accidentally click the icon. i never intend on clicking the icon but do it accidentally because i move with such inhuman speed that i make very human mistakes

4- muting/soloing multiple tracks via click-drag on TCP. i understand why this may be useful to some but i certainly never intend this.
mccrabney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:57 PM   #2
karbomusic

Quote:
1- looped content. it seems like no matter what settings i adjust, i always end up with a midi item that loops instead of lengthens when i adjust the endpoint. i never want looped content. i make copies of the item if i want something looped. CTRL-A + F2 and unchecking "looped content" helps but it always comes back somehow
I think you mean "loop source", the default/global setting is in preferences under media item defaults.

Quote:
4- muting/soloing multiple tracks via click-drag on TCP. i understand why this may be useful to some but i certainly never intend this.
One of the best features eva but I don't think it can be disabled - seems like it would be almost, if not impossible to accidently do this IME.

FWIW: I found the answers by using the search feature in the preferences dialog.
Old 03-09-2018, 02:28 PM   #3
mccrabney

thanks - i think i'm informed as to the different places to look for looped source options/preferences. they're all set in such a way that i would expect to never see an item loop, but it keeps happening. i looked at my default project (which contains some default midi items) and while one was set to loop source, it wasn't the track that prompted this thread today.

regarding the clickdrag on mute/solo, i manage to do it at least once in a serious session.

item 2 is probably my biggest interest. looking again at my default project again to see if there are any trouble tracks saved with these panels visible that are causing this behavior
mccrabney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:30 PM   #4
jonboper

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
FWIW: I found the answers by using the search feature in the preferences dialog.
I didn't realize that was there...learn something new literally every day on this forum.
jonboper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:42 AM   #5
hopi

in the midi ed, that trk list can be changed ...look under main heading of Contents...

uncheck both the list and lane items