That's what I was missing :-))
Working fine now.
Thanks.
Awesome
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 01:28 PM   #7442
permeke
Human being with feelings

don't know what happened but each time I load stripper I get this annoying popup :
"Stripper version 0.94.0166 requires SWS version 2.10.0.1 or later
Running incorrect versions may result in crashes when performing certain functions, or functions not working."

It seems I have all the correct sws installed as well as the latest LBX lua
permeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 03:03 PM   #7443
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by permeke View Post
don't know what happened but each time I load stripper I get this annoying popup :
"Stripper version 0.94.0166 requires SWS version 2.10.0.1 or later
Running incorrect versions may result in crashes when performing certain functions, or functions not working."

It seems I have all the correct sws installed as well as the latest LBX lua
Hi Permeke,

The latest stripper version is actually 0.94.0202

There was some weirdness happen with the latest SWS versioning and my version checking routine at the time - which I then updated. So if you get the latest version of Stripper - you should no longer see that message.
Old 07-21-2021, 06:24 AM   #7444
permeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Hi Permeke,

The latest stripper version is actually 0.94.0202

There was some weirdness happen with the latest SWS versioning and my version checking routine at the time - which I then updated. So if you get the latest version of Stripper - you should no longer see that message.
ok fixed.

And I have this weird graphic thing :

Last edited by permeke; 01-20-2023 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-21-2021, 06:51 AM   #7445
lb0

Quote:
ok fixed.

And I have this weird graphic thing :
That looks like it cannot find the background graphics for those strips.

The background for those strips is "Ramka AL.png" - check that this is in your CS_resources/graphics/ folder.

EDIT: looking again - looks like most of the controls and backgrounds are missing. The only one that looks correct is the yellow button - which is one of the default ones provided with the script from my github.

Have you reinstalled it recently? - and just copied across the strip files from somewhere else? You also need to copy all the files from the controls/graphics folders too - as the graphics files are not stored as part of the strip.

Last edited by lb0; 07-21-2021 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-21-2021, 08:37 AM   #7446
permeke

ok fixed , thanks
Old 07-21-2021, 08:42 AM   #7447
lb0

Quote:
ok fixed , thanks
Ah - great - I was just editing my previous reply
Old 07-22-2021, 09:19 AM   #7448
permeke

why is there a label with plugin name above the strip window when the same is shown "in " the strip window ?
Old 07-22-2021, 10:30 AM   #7449
lb0

Quote:
why is there a label with plugin name above the strip window when the same is shown "in " the strip window ?
If I'm understanding what you mean properly - the strip does not have to be built with a label on it - so there is always one in the 'switcher' control above it - which can also be used to drag the strip around and swap the loaded strip.

There is a particular layout in dynamic mode which allows you to hide the switchers. It's in the right-click menu -> Mix Mode options -> Pop: Auto Arrange.

In that mode the strips are arrange horizontally (and creates vertical rows when there are too many strips to fit horizontally) - and you can use the '\' key to hide the switchers.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:07 AM   #7450
nexeu

Default Kontakt 6 Stripper?

Is there already a stripper for Kontakt 6 made by someone?
nexeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 09:27 AM   #7451
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexeu View Post
Is there already a stripper for Kontakt 6 made by someone?
I'm not sure I've seen a generic one. The problem with Kontakt is that each instance will be somewhat unique with both the libraries loaded - and the parameter assignments. So where you could develop a strip for specific instances of Kontakt loaded with specific libraries and parameter assignments, It would probably be pretty hard to create a generic Kontakt strip.
Old 09-03-2021, 10:11 AM   #7452
nexeu

Oh yess... I forgot everyone's Kontakt library is different... Silly me..

It's been awhile..

Btw, I am not sure if I am up to date with the LBX ver, but I have a slight issue with font size for some area on my mac mojave 10.14.06.

The text for some areas are too small. Is there already a fix?

Here is the link for reference:
https://we.tl/t-pGT3TQBrMs
nexeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 02:58 PM   #7453
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexeu View Post
Oh yess... I forgot everyone's Kontakt library is different... Silly me..

It's been awhile..

Btw, I am not sure if I am up to date with the LBX ver, but I have a slight issue with font size for some area on my mac mojave 10.14.06.

The text for some areas are too small. Is there already a fix?

Here is the link for reference:
https://we.tl/t-pGT3TQBrMs
Hmmm. Yeah. It works fine on Windows - but I can see things don't look quite right on your Mac. I'm aware of vertical alignment issues with my Font drawing on Mac - but not the small text (not quite sure why - as the code is pretty basic - but there's definitely a difference between how it acts on the Mac).

When I get some time - I'll take a look and see if I can work out what's going on.

Is it just with the sidebar/topbar/dialog screens, or do the strips also have any noticeable problems?

I suspect the latest version may also do this - as I cannot remember changing anything to fix an issue like this - but I don't have a Mac to check with unfortunately.
Old 09-03-2021, 06:16 PM   #7454
nexeu

Quote:
Hmmm. Yeah. It works fine on Windows - but I can see things don't look quite right on your Mac. I'm aware of vertical alignment issues with my Font drawing on Mac - but not the small text (not quite sure why - as the code is pretty basic - but there's definitely a difference between how it acts on the Mac).

When I get some time - I'll take a look and see if I can work out what's going on.

Is it just with the sidebar/topbar/dialog screens, or do the strips also have any noticeable problems?

I suspect the latest version may also do this - as I cannot remember changing anything to fix an issue like this - but I don't have a Mac to check with unfortunately.
Strips are pretty small as well until I zoomed in.

https://we.tl/t-hVHxmnuuhZ
Old 10-03-2021, 10:27 PM   #7455
ChocolateHawkins

This isn’t LBX Stripper exclusive, but can anyone tell me if there’s a way/workaround to display the gain reduction of a compressor if it’s not specifically selectable as a parameter to view in LBX? I can imagine that some plugin reporting the gain before and then another after it can measure the gain difference but I’m not sure if that’d be accurate (or if it even exists)
ChocolateHawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 03:13 AM   #7456
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
This isn’t LBX Stripper exclusive, but can anyone tell me if there’s a way/workaround to display the gain reduction of a compressor if it’s not specifically selectable as a parameter to view in LBX? I can imagine that some plugin reporting the gain before and then another after it can measure the gain difference but I’m not sure if that’d be accurate (or if it even exists)
Technically you could get something that works to an extent.

What I would do is have a plugin before the compressor to duplicate the incoming signal so it outputs on 2 different sets of channels. The 1+2 outputs get processed by the compressor - then another copy of the signal would bypass the compressor.

Then a plugin after the compressor would compare the output from the compressor with the unprocessed signal (which bypassed the compressor plugin).

BUT - the compressed signal would probably have to exit the compressor without any make-up/auto-gain - as that would skew the gain differences. So instead of using any gain-adjustment in the compressor plugin - you would be best to do that in the 'gain comparison' plugin after the compressor.

Of course - if the compressor does other things like add saturation or anything which also alters the gain in any way - then there's no real easy way to adjust for this in the gain-reduction calculation.

I'm really no expert when it comes to these things - but have thought about it before. There may be things I have not thought of which would also reduce the accuracy of the calculated GR.

I'm not sure if there are any plugins already in existence to do this - but they'd likely be pretty easy to knock up in JSFX.
Old 10-06-2021, 01:05 PM   #7457
PMan

I asked a plugin dev why they didn't expose the gain reduction, and they said it makes the DAW (any DAW, this is not Reaper specific) think that a parameter has been editied, and it will then ask if you want to save changes when you close the DAW (among other things).

So now I'm wondering how ReaComp manages this...

Also, would it be possible to expose the gain reduction as an output, rather than a parameter?
PMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 01:32 PM   #7458
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMan View Post
I asked a plugin dev why they didn't expose the gain reduction, and they said it makes the DAW (any DAW, this is not Reaper specific) think that a parameter has been editied, and it will then ask if you want to save changes when you close the DAW (among other things).

Also, would it be possible to expose the gain reduction as an output, rather than a parameter?
There must be a way to prevent this as any plugin that uses internal parameter modulation to modulate an exposed parameter would also suffer the same issue.

But exposing it as an output could also work although I wouldn't be sure how to create the output signal unless the delta signal would be suitable (I suspect not).
Old 10-06-2021, 10:03 PM   #7459
PMan

That's a good point. Any parameter that gets automated would do the same thing.

I'll have to communicate with that dev again...
Old 10-08-2021, 01:46 AM   #7460
jonvaudio

Quote:

I am the developer of fircomp 1 & 2, made a Reaper forum account to respond to this

There is a way, in VST / AU, to mark generic parameters as "read-only" or a "meter", but in some DAWs (not all, and I won't name them) this makes the DAW think the project has been modified when it hasn't, during normal playback. Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I think it works in a lot of DAWs, just not all of them.

There might be ways to work around this in future (like reaper-specific code or GR as audio-out as you mention).

Quote:
There must be a way to prevent this as any plugin that uses internal parameter modulation to modulate an exposed parameter would also suffer the same issue.
Just to note that the generic parameter that a plugin presents to the DAW is not the same as the actual parameter used in the DSP code, and not the same as what's shown on the plugin's GUI if it has one - these all have to communicate between each other. For example, in a synth plugin I regularly use, if I use an LFO to modulate the filter cutoff, the generic parameter for filter cutoff doesn't change, even though the GUI might show the cutoff being modulated and I can hear it happening
jonvaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 02:22 AM   #7461
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonvaudio View Post
I am the developer of fircomp 1 & 2, made a Reaper forum account to respond to this

There is a way, in VST / AU, to mark generic parameters as "read-only" or a "meter", but in some DAWs (not all, and I won't name them) this makes the DAW think the project has been modified when it hasn't, during normal playback. Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I think it works in a lot of DAWs, just not all of them.

There might be ways to work around this in future (like reaper-specific code or GR as audio-out as you mention).

Just to note that the generic parameter that a plugin presents to the DAW is not the same as the actual parameter used in the DSP code, and not the same as what's shown on the plugin's GUI if it has one - these all have to communicate between each other. For example, in a synth plugin I regularly use, if I use an LFO to modulate the filter cutoff, the generic parameter for filter cutoff doesn't change, even though the GUI might show the cutoff being modulated and I can hear it happening
Hi JonVAudio,

Thanks for the explanation. I actually spoke with you on the Fircomp GS thread requesting whether the GR could be reported using the Presonus plugin extension parameter (username is lbx on GS). I think you mentioned it may be difficult for you due to the framework you are using - which is fair enough.

Yes I guess different DAWs all handle things slightly differently - and I'm very glad I don't have to deal with all these differences - must be a bit of a pain!

Another possible option could be to expose a GR parameter - but have it switchable. So it defaults to disabled (and doesn't change) but can be enabled for those of us that can use it without causing undesirable side-effects. Just a thought.

Either way - Fircomp is a fantastic compressor! I'd pick up the paid version in a heartbeat if I could pull the GR value somehow into Stripper (Presonus method or via a host parameter)
Old 10-08-2021, 04:32 AM   #7462
cjewellstudios

Oooo gain reduction meter talk

Jon, Fircomp is excellent!

To the group: what plugins do you all know of that expose gain reduction as a host parameter? It'd be great to find a go-to workhorse comp that does this
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 08:22 AM   #7463
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
Oooo gain reduction meter talk

Jon, Fircomp is excellent!

To the group: what plugins do you all know of that expose gain reduction as a host parameter? It'd be great to find a go-to workhorse comp that does this
Hey Charlie,

I'm not aware of any VST compressors that expose GR as a host parameter. I do know there are quite a few that use the Presonus extended interface to provide the GR value (sadly not many of my favourite compressors) - which can be accessed via Reascript (so Stripper can use that).

One VST plugin (not a compressor) that does expose metering via host parameter is TBProAudio's dpMeter.

L.
Old 10-08-2021, 09:43 AM   #7464
PMan

Great to see you posting here, JonV!

And yeah, as everyone else said - Fircomp is great!
Old 10-11-2021, 06:33 PM   #7465
ThrashJazzAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
what plugins expose gain reduction as a host parameter?
The witti jsfx in this repo https://github.com/ThrashJazzAssassin/LBX-Strips have been customised to present the gain reduction meter as a host parameter; and there is a strip for each one.
Old 10-19-2021, 04:29 AM   #7466
UknownSource

This tool is so great
If only we could load it per track and make parallel routings between effects, I would donate 50$ immediately
Old 12-07-2021, 10:37 AM   #7467
Reflected

Quote:
Originally Posted by UknownSource View Post
This tool is so great
If only we could load it per track and make parallel routings between effects, I would donate 50$ immediately
Me too without thinking twice but it's not possible just yet because the devs don't allow to do this with their current code.
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 04:41 PM   #7468
PMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UknownSource View Post
parallel routings between effects
Parallel routings within a single track? It does that now. Hit the #4 key, you can see (and edit) the routing of all FX in the track.
Old 12-08-2021, 08:16 AM   #7469
Rodulf

Please ensure you have the:

__default
SimpleFlat_48
SimpleFlat_96
SimpleFlat2_96
__Snapshot
__XY
__XYTarget
SimpleBox_9632
Switcher

files in your LBXCS_resources/controls/ folder.
You can get these files from the LBX Stripper project on github - in the LBXCS_resources zip file

Expected location of LBXCS_resources folder is: C:/Users/Rodulf/AppData/Roaming/REAPER/Scripts/LBX/LBXCS_resources/

I get this every time I try to start LBX. All instructions are followed exactly.
Rodulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 08:30 AM   #7470
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodulf View Post
Please ensure you have the:

__default
SimpleFlat_48
SimpleFlat_96
SimpleFlat2_96
__Snapshot
__XY
__XYTarget
SimpleBox_9632
Switcher

files in your LBXCS_resources/controls/ folder.
You can get these files from the LBX Stripper project on github - in the LBXCS_resources zip file

Expected location of LBXCS_resources folder is: C:/Users/Rodulf/AppData/Roaming/REAPER/Scripts/LBX/LBXCS_resources/

I get this every time I try to start LBX. All instructions are followed exactly.
Hi, so what is the exact location of your LBXCS_resources folder? - because Stripper possibly cannot find it at C:/Users/Rodulf/AppData/Roaming/REAPER/Scripts/LBX/LBXCS_resources/

Assuming that all the mentioned control resources it's looking for exist - the folder is probably in the wrong place.

So - First - check that the mentioned resources exist in LBXCS_resources/controls/ - if any are missing you'll get this message.

If they are all there, then check and double-check the resources folder location.

It would help if you could provide a screenshot showing where the LBXCS_resources folder is. And also maybe what is in the controls folder. This way I can spot any issues easily.
Old 12-08-2021, 11:07 AM   #7471
Rodulf

It's in Reaper/Scripts/LBX.
I'm using the raw version of resources.
Old 12-09-2021, 02:03 AM   #7472
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodulf View Post
It's in Reaper/Scripts/LBX.
I'm using the raw version of resources.
Hi Rodulf,

That doesn't really give me any indication of the problem. Can you check the LBXCS_resources/controls/ folder that all the listed files exist. If any are missing you will get that message.

Also - a screenshot of the exact folder location of the LBXCS_resources folder would help me check that it is in the correct place. (You don't want it so you have a folder LBX\LBXCS_resources\LBXCS_resources\... which I've seen happen when unpacking the zip file due to the zip file being named the same as the folder it contains (when unpacking the zip file you may have unzipped it to a folder called the same as the zip file - in which case you end up with nested LBXCS_resources folders - and if you copy the parent folder to the LBX folder - then Stripper will not find the correct folder or files within it.

Cheers,
L.
Old 12-09-2021, 03:21 PM   #7473
Reflected

Quote:
Parallel routings within a single track? It does that now. Hit the #4 key, you can see (and edit) the routing of all FX in the track.
unfortunately, I can't even understand how is it possible to work with these routings. :/

look how intuative patcher feels like..I can create insane and unique ideas in no time
I would pay the price of reaper to have such a tool in reaper..

I also like meldaproduction's mxxx routings which is different from patcher but still very intuative and quick workflow

I truly don't understand how can I do something like this with the current routings.

More than that, I never saw someone using reaper's routing system intuatively...that's a dead zone currently.
Old 12-09-2021, 10:55 PM   #7474
PMan

I just had to say something, didn’t I…

So here is a setup I use for mixing the traps down to a stereo bus:
This is the routing for a “Traps Mix” track. It has 16 channels, and has (in addition to other FX) 3 8-channel stereo mixers
It is a folder; the snare, kick, and all of the other things listed below are child tracks in that folder, but they are routed to specific inputs in the folder track.
- - channels 1 & 2 are the output of the first mixer, into (and back out of) the 1175 compressor to the final mixer. They do not receive inputs from child tracks.
- - channels 3 & 4 are the output of the 2nd mixer, into (and back out of) Other Desert Cities/ODC (or any other FX I may choose to put in that slot) They do not receive inputs from child tracks.
- - channels 5 & 6 are the toms buss to the first 2 mixers
- - channels 7 & 8 are the cymbals buss to the first 2 mixers
- - channels 9 & 10 are the reverb to the first 2 mixers (yes, I can send the traps reverb to ODC!)
- - channels 11 & 12 are the hi hats to the first 2 mixers
- - channels 13 & 14 are the kick to the first 2 mixers
- - channels 15 & 16 are the snare to the first 2 mixers

I can automate the separate mix that gets sent to ODC (a great delay VST by Audio Damage) by clicking on a mixer slider and selecting “show track envelope”

I can also mix the dry (uncompressed) toms buss, cymbals buss, and reverb into the output.

This kind of setup involves multiple tracks. It probably took an hour to set it up, once I decided what I wanted. But now, I have it saved as strip set so I can add it into a project with a couple of mouse clicks.

Setting it up is not nearly as elegant or as fast as your licecap. It’s time consuming to change the basic layout of the routing, but when it comes to flexibility, I think Reaper’s pins are the best! for example, the small vertical lines next to the blue faders in the top mixer, those are meters so I can see if there is a signal at the mixer’s input. For me, LBX Stripper is the bomb!

I actually use another JSFX script, Kawa_TrackFXs_Routing_Matrix to set up the routing. It gives you the same view as #4 in the Stripper window, but a bit larger.

Here is the routing: https://stash.reaper.fm/43453/Routing.gif

And the Stripper interface: https://stash.reaper.fm/43454/StripSet.gif

I’m not saying this is better than other solutions, I’m just saying it is possible to create some intense routing scenarios with what’s available right now.

-Peace
Old 12-10-2021, 12:08 AM   #7475
Reflected

Quote:

I’m not saying this is better than other solutions, I’m just saying it is possible to create some intense routing scenarios with what’s available right now.

-Peace
when you see my "patcher"'s routings you can easily understand what goes where on the first look...
with reaper's routings it feels like a busy sience fiction view for a simple task.

I make music since the age of the trackers so I know how to deal with calculations and weird maps that are very hard to read, that's just old and weak solution for today's technologies.

The idea is to simplify things so when you have inspiration and you wanna test things on the flow, you won't need to deal with too much numbers to test one single idea.

When I do brainstorming I want to suggest a lot of new ideas very quickly.
with patcher and mxxx I can, with reaper I can't.

LBX stripper for the matter is so beautiful and seem to fit great for such a task but the limitation of reaper won't allow this... so never mind for now :/

Last edited by Reflected; 12-10-2021 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-10-2021, 08:35 AM   #7476
Rodulf

Quote:
I'm not seeing this. Where can I do this?
Old 12-10-2021, 08:54 AM   #7477
Rodulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post
unfortunately, I can't even understand how is it possible to work with these routings. :/

look how intuative patcher feels like..I can create insane and unique ideas in no time

I also like meldaproduction's mxxx routings which is different from patcher but still very intuative and quick workflow

I truly don't understand how can I do something like this with the current routings.

More than that, I never saw someone using reaper's routing system intuatively...that's a dead zone currently.
If the devs would put some effort into Track Wiring...navigation, zoom, etc...we could have this.
Old 12-10-2021, 08:25 PM   #7478
Rodulf

OK, got it loaded and working. The problem was my unzipper. I tried another and Boom!, it did it's thing.
Now, I would like to sincerely ask for a clear, start-from-scratch, tutorial. The YouTube vids are, to me, incomprehensible.
I would love to start using this, I just need a clear set of instructions.
Thanks!
Old 12-12-2021, 01:19 AM   #7479
UknownSource

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post

patcher is fantastic but I'm afraid we will never have something so powerful like this in reaper
Old 01-18-2022, 10:32 AM   #7480
RJHollins

Something changed with one of the latest Reaper Updates ?!?

I'm running Reaper v6.45, on Win-10 Pro.

With my Stripper GUI design I've been using a special 3-way switch [somebody made]
that handles the 'OFF/Bypass/Wet' knob on the specific plugin.

Everything was working great until Reaper had a change/mod made that now has
a 'Difference' mode added to the Wet/Dry knob.

Whatever was changed, the 3-way Stripper button is no longer working correctly.

From Stripper, When button is set to DRY, the W/D knob goes to DRY [correct].

When button is clicked to WET, the W/D knob changes to a Yellow Triangle with an 'S' on it.

When I Shft-Clk on the button, it reads ByPass ... and Wet/Dry goes fully Wet ... but that's not the way the function used to work.

We could toggle between Wet and Dry ... and only doing Shft-Clk the plugin would go Offline.

Now I have to Shft-Clk to go from Dry to Wet.

How to fix this ?

Thanks
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote