Old 06-23-2019, 04:00 PM   #1
capn slugo
Human being with feelings

Default Big Knobs

Hi There

Trying to get big stupid fader knobs exactly like this --I'll take ANY theme but this is the one I like

This is ALL I want to change( the basic global mix panel for all faders) so i can vastly improve function of live mix from the a touch screen.

trying stuff with countless options from here: http://www.houseofwhitetie.com/reape...dit_def_5.html

Tried stretch editing the image in photoshop but nothing I do seems to do anything other have reaper end up looking like some default thing from 1989 (generating images from some unknown place)

I'm not clear if the the edited folder needs to be re-compressed somehow (windows) but 7 zip dosn't seem to work or result in anything that looks like a theme file.

I'm also not clear if changing the knob size is done by stretching the image or if it would be a text setting setting in the rtconfig.txt

Any leads would be greatly appreciated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rekb.jpg (20.8 KB, 44 views)
capn slugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:11 PM   #2
Lokasenna

- You don't need to re-zip the theme; as long as the files are all in the right place, Reaper will happily use an unzipped theme. When zipping them, you should just have to rename the final product to .ReaperThemeZip for it to work correctly. I can't remember if you have to disable compression or not though.

- The "wrong" images you're seeing are Reaper's fallback - I believe it's the v1 theme. If you're seeing it, that means you broke the theme somehow. First thing to check: Make sure that the name listed for ui_img= in the .ReaperTheme file matches the image folder name.

- Changing the size of an element will typically require changes to both the image file and the code that references it.
Lokasenna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 06:41 PM   #3
capn slugo

Thanks Lokasenna

When I decompress (7zip) a file I end up with a folder titled the same as the decompressed theme. Inside that folder I have a theme AND another folder with all the "stuff"

It's really confusing.

Does the contents of the "stuff" sub folder with elements being edited) work WITH the newly created theme unzip in the folder with it or the original one?

I see you can drag any element of the "stuff" folder into reaper to change the theme. I have no Idea what is REALLY happening and what reaper's seeing that it corresponds with.

All I want is Extra-large knobs and not the countless other tweaks here.

I can't be the first dude to want to big fader in the mix panel knobs for touchscreen functionality.

Seems like adjusting the size of mix bus panel knobs should be a basic function that you don't have put reaper under the knife to perform.

It's not like there's not room to quadruple their size without interfering with other elements.

Is there some other way???

Thanks for any info/ cheers
capn slugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 08:00 PM   #4
Lokasenna

You should have:
Code:
/Default 5.0 unpacked
Default 5.0 unpacked.ReaperTheme
The .ReaperTheme file has all of the settings you can change in Reaper's theme tweaker (i.e. colors and fonts), along with a path to the theme folder. The folder has all of the images and a file called rtconfig.txt that has the actual theme code.

It's been ages since I tinkered with themes so I can't be much more help than that, but making things larger IS unfortunately more complicated than you might expect.
Lokasenna is online now   Reply With Quote