Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 10-03-2016, 07:03 AM   #1
Colox
Human being with feelings

Default Kontakt load window disappears visually, real irritating

When I start loading a project which has got Kontakt sample patches in it, something disturbing sometimes happens.

Kontakt utilizes this small 'loading window', which shows up during loading whenever samples are loading or missing.

My problem is that this window mostly ends up as a separate graphical element than an element within the Reaper application. Meaning, it doesn't show 'on top of' Reaper, but ends up 'behind' the Reaper application frame, so I can't see it.

Whenever the loading of a project feels overly lengthy, I usually suspect that Kontakt can't find some samples, and has spawned this 'search for samples' window. I suspect this, because most often I can't see that window. It spawns somewhere in behind Reaper, doesn't show in front of Reaper, and it doesn't show if I minimize Reaper either. Only way I can usually get to it, is to use ALT+TAB (a window switching command on Windows) and browse.

But that doesn't always work either, and I'm frustratingly opening, closing, changing, minimizing/maximizing windows in the chanced hope that the Kontakt window will eventually appear. It often does, eventually, but at times I've had to hard end the entire Reaper process and start over.

I'm not sure if this unique to Reaper or to other applications as well, but I don't remember having a problem with it in Cubase or Samplitude or other DAWs I've tried.

I think this is very annoying, and it looks extremely unprofessional when people are sitting next by, seeing you curse and browsing fiddling around mindlessly.

Anyone else recognize this?
Perhaps this is far from the only thread mentioning this?

/C

Last edited by Colox; 10-03-2016 at 07:10 AM.
Colox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:24 AM   #2
_jon

+1 Same issue here.
_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:39 AM   #3
EvilDragon

Do you have Kontakt pinned as always on top using Reaper's FX window pinning method?
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:48 AM   #4
_jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Do you have Kontakt pinned as always on top using Reaper's FX window pinning method?
How do I do that? I'm using floating FX windows.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:18 AM   #5
EvilDragon

That pin. In this state, plugin window is not pinned on top. This is how it should be in order to not overrule the samples missing dialog, in most cases.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:41 AM   #6
dr_After

If I can make an additional question in this thread: some time ago my fx "pins" have dissapeared (after some reinstall). And I don't know where is a switch to enable them again. Any clues? Windows 10 x64.
dr_After is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 09:15 PM   #7
_jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post

That pin. In this state, plugin window is not pinned on top. This is how it should be in order to not overrule the samples missing dialog, in most cases.
Thanks. I'll try that next time the issue comes up.