Old 12-27-2016, 01:28 PM   #1
AdrianW
Human being with feelings

Default Old Midi to New Tempo Map

I have a custom tempo map I made based on a guitar track (not recorded to a click track). I then recorded and added a few midi tracks. I wasn't happy with the tempo so, using a new project, I changed it slightly, again basing it on the guitar track. Now when I insert the midi tracks I recorded for the first project they don't adapt to the new tempo. I've tried importing them with the project temp on and off and changed the project setting to Time. Still no luck. I can alt-click and drag them but matching the tempo is a guessing game. Is there something I'm missing? I've tried every suggestion I could find. Thanks.
AdrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 04:58 AM   #2
juliansader

I don't know what is going wrong, but usually to get MIDI items to ignore the tempo map, two settings have to be set:
1) "Ignore project tempo" must be switched ON in the items' Source Properties, and
2) The items' (or the project's) timebase must be set "Time".

So perhaps check that "Ignore project tempo" is switched OFF, and timebase is set to Beats.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:35 AM   #3
AdrianW

Thanks. I got most of it worked out. When the new tempo is close to the old one I normally can line up the first measure and tweak as needed. The problem is when I update a tempo map with one I import that happens to be at a very different BPM. For example I updated a map I created with one created for the same song with Melodyne on a friends machine that's roughly twice the BPM's, shrinking the midi file to less than half it's length. Changing project settings didn't help and manually stretching the file back manually is hit or miss. I appreciate the suggestions and links.
AdrianW is offline   Reply With Quote