Old 05-18-2009, 06:53 AM   #41
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post
its a real shame as this bug makes them unusable for me. if there's one thing i really really hate its bugs that cause sudden surges in volume. i don't want to have to keep changing my underwear whilst writing a tune!!
While I understand this (I'd hate that too in the middle of the night when turning knobs just for kicks until I'm sleepy enough to hit the hay), I know this as some kind of job hazard and it may happen all the time under various circumstances, pilot error, singer puts the cans over the mic, cat decides to sleep on the console and a combination of other plugins may have this too. But it can't harm in Reaper when the default project wasn't changed like mine and the auto mute option is still on.

Quote:
just dabbled around with them for an hour or two in both reaper and podium and it has happened a few times...
Making the "Demo" took a few hours and ~20 instances of the plugins and it happened only once and while it created one of the incredible (300dB or something) overload readings, it actually didn't make a loud noise like reported in the KVR thread. Since these and many of the other synths in my collection have a pretty hot output, the first thing I do when adding a second instance is putting a limiter on the master anyway.

When I get to play more with them I hope I can find out what causes this and hope it doesn't happen with Or2v (my favourite).
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:08 AM   #42
smueske
Human being with feelings

Maybe I'm missing something. I downloaded all plug-ins (even though I've vowed to stop installing free stuff), and aside from one or two decent plugs, I really wasn't impressed. Granted I didn't spend a mega-amount of time with them, maybe ten minutes each plug-in -- but I think they aren't any better (or worse) than a billion other free plugs.

I'm really not trying to start anything here. Just saying I wasn't overly impressed.
smueske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:19 AM   #43
audioguytodd

Steindork- Great Demo. It really shows what you can do with these!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 08:28 AM   #44
Bubbagump

Holy crap... a free Mellotron! Favorite old skool "synth" ever.

Great demo of the Arp Solina... sort of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5OoDFD3ft4

Last edited by Bubbagump; 05-18-2009 at 08:45 AM.
Bubbagump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:35 PM   #45
bladerunner

Steindork - i think i am just easily scared i will definitely persevere with them a little longer before i write them off. the dev has turned up on the kvr thread so maybe somewhere along the line we can bribe him into looking over the code once more... absolutely top man though for releasing these amazing plugs for free.

Smueske - the solina emu is easily the best i have ever heard and its free!!! maybe peruse over them once more. the more i play with them the more i love the sound of them.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:35 PM   #46
bladerunner

Steindork - great demo you posted earlier btw
Old 05-18-2009, 05:14 PM   #47
fladd

They don't work in WINE, though.

fladd
Old 05-19-2009, 07:00 AM   #48
Ollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguytodd View Post
Steindork- Great Demo. It really shows what you can do with these!!!
Thank you, but I just fired off some presets. What you really can do with these shows up when you get acquainted with their special architecture. They all have a pretty unique one, especially the two duophonic models (Moon Sono SX and Or2v). Unique features like the odd filter type crossfader on the "Oberheim" want to be exploited. Of course most if not all of that can be done with modern synths as well but it's the simulation of these particular instruments, the whole package of architecture, routing capabilities and so on that makes those interesting and fun to play with.

Quote:
Steindork - great demo you posted earlier btw
Thanks!
Old 05-19-2009, 09:01 AM   #49
buckman

Cant get to the site right now, but would these be available for Mac?
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:07 AM   #50
Sharza Harza

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Cant get to the site right now, but would these be available for Mac?
I'm afraid not, as they are SynthEdit-made
Old 05-19-2009, 09:16 AM   #51
_Devin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fladd View Post
They don't work in WINE
They work for me.

AMD Phenom X4 9500 @ 2.2ghz, Gigabyte MA770-DS3, 4 x 1gb Corsair DDR2-800 CAS4(running CAS5 because raising DIMM voltage beyond JEDEC specs is teh suck), Samsung Spinpoint F1, M-Audio Audiophile 192, ATI Radeon 3400 GPU, and a beautiful Antec Earthwatts 430w PSU... and of course... the latest, greatest version of Reaper with a non-commercial license.
_Devin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:29 PM   #52
reapersequencer

Not bad there are quite a few intresting stuff in those synths-I particularly like the wavesequence type of stuff. However, in my opinion the writer should have compiled the best of each synth into one major vsti as I have seen or heard sounds repeating/replicating each other(probably wanted to make a tribute to the orginal hardware for each synth - if an orginal hardware really existed). This seems to be the case in the synth world- sounds replicating each other- they just come with a different name.
Free synths and the ones we buy sound the same in a lot of instances. From my standpoint its best to stick with what you have paid for.

I only wish I had information from the author in regards to terms of use.
reapersequencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:48 AM   #53
Curvespace

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersequencer View Post
Not bad there are quite a few intresting stuff in those synths-I particularly like the wavesequence type of stuff. However, in my opinion the writer should have compiled the best of each synth into one major vsti as I have seen or heard sounds repeating/replicating each other(probably wanted to make a tribute to the orginal hardware for each synth - if an orginal hardware really existed). This seems to be the case in the synth world- sounds replicating each other- they just come with a different name.
Free synths and the ones we buy sound the same in a lot of instances. From my standpoint its best to stick with what you have paid for.

I only wish I had information from the author in regards to terms of use.
Synths are not about presets. Program your own sounds.

I'm impressed with the quality of these synths. Seem to have quite a saturated output and a bit of drift. Certainly some of the better sounding emulations around and I like choice of units to recreate - some interesting architectures there.
Curvespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:42 AM   #54
Ollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curvespace View Post
Synths are not about presets. Program your own sounds.
Exactly. At least vintage synths were not about presets. A really true simulation of these synths would load with the last patch you dialed in and nothing else. Some apparently came with a "Patch Book". I wish I could lay my hands on one of them. No, wait... oh glorious internet:

A.R.P. Odyssey Patch Book:
http://www.arpodyssey.com/oddypatch.html

A.R.P. Odyssey Manual:
http://www.arpodyssey.com/oddyman.html

Oberheim 2-Voice Manual (YAY!!):
http://monsite.wanadoo.fr/2VOICE_MANUAL/

Of course many patches sound alike on various synths. That's how more modern, programmable synths always have patches like "Moog Bass" or "Solina Strings" and "ARP Lead" (maybe without using real company names). Now imagine you recreate such a role model synth with some virtual modules, of which some are even shared by several models (but that sort of happened even back then). This will bring tonal character even closer together. The architecture though will define what's possible with these synths (real or virtual) and some of their trademark sounds exist only due to this unique architecture. The same architecture (it's a synthesizer after all, not a one-trick pony) grants that you can emulate sounds of the other synths.

Of course these synths create mostly sounds you already heard somewhere, that's because they were used in so many productions you heard as a kid maybe, or they were imitated by another synth in those tunes. They are not creating sounds that make cars crash on the road in front of your studio anymore. That's what all the supermodern synths and plugins are for. These oldschool synth emulations ring a bell in some of us, bring up memories, let us play with these things we never could even get close to as kids and give us great tools to recreate certain vintage sounds, even though they're not all the way the real instruments their real world counterparts were.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:04 AM   #55
Geoff Waddington

Man , those Oberheim filters were SWEEET, I still get goosebumps thinking about them !
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:08 AM   #56
fladd

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Devin View Post
They work for me.
Just tried again and they do indeed, strange.

fladd
Old 05-20-2009, 10:33 AM   #57
stratman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steindork View Post
...Some apparently came with a "Patch Book". I wish I could lay my hands on one of them. No, wait... oh glorious internet:
Thanks for posting the links Steindork.

I found a Juno 6 manual at the link below, which I think is relevant to the SIXth MONTH JUNE

http://soundprogramming.net/synthesi.../roland_juno_6

There are example patches at the back of the manual.

This synth has always interested me because the Juno 6 and Juno 60 were very popular with keyboard players I worked with in my youth. Classic sounds that bring back memories.

Pete.

Last edited by stratman; 05-20-2009 at 10:37 AM.
stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:50 AM   #58
DarkStar

I just noticed this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by D N A, over on KvR
Announcement

1. Background

Elektrostudio Analog Pack is still a test version, some kind of alfa. The author (Elektrostudio) had no idea that someone made his download links public available. The fact is, that author just wanted to show these test plugins to few friends.

Well, eventually after future testing, bugfixing - Analog Pack would still be released free.

2. Current state.

It's not a big secret that current author, doesn't have enough time to do some bugfixing, support, future development and his english language knowledge is just not enough. I contacted him and we all agreed that it'll be better if someone else will continue his work. This "someone else" guy is me. Since actually now, the official website will be http://www.vstcafe.com (there will be some subdomain added for sure) and I will be the Elektrostudio Analog Pack owner - the official contact, support email is: greeg@inbox.com

Feel free to ask questions, report bugs etc. I won't let those plugins die

3. Known Bugs:

In this thread http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=251545 you can read about known bugs. The most critical is loudness noise that randomly occurs on some certain configurations.

4. Download Links:

I would like to ask (well, actually it's Elektrostudio's will) all services to remove their download links pointing to Elektrostudio Analog Pack. After some bugfixes it'll be freely available again.

5. I already have Analog Pack, do I need to delete it ?
Nope It's just - use it at your own risk. If you use it for the first time, make sure that your speakers volume is set to low. Do your standard workflow (add some external tracks, plugins here and there) and If it'll work for like hmm 30 minutes then it should be ok. So far we have a "loudness noise" bug reports coming mainly from Tracktion2 users and Cubase 4.5.1.

Soon, the http://elektrostudio.ovh.org/ address will redirect to vstcafe.com.

Wish me luck because that's a pretty big thing for me
and
Quote:
Originally Posted by D N A
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeVzi
Good to know they are not going to be forgotten, and the fixes are going to be implemented. Where would you like any bugs reported DNA ? I can't remember off the top of my head but I found one in one of the synths. So I will re-find it and report it if you like.
any reports please send to: greeg@inbox.com , but to be honest - I check KVR everyday so even If you put reports here (or maybe better: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewto...51545&start=45) I'll read it too
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=251401

Last edited by DarkStar; 05-20-2009 at 10:54 AM.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #59
Ollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman View Post
Thanks for posting the links Steindork.

I found a Juno 6 manual at the link below, which I think is relevant to the SIXth MONTH JUNE

http://soundprogramming.net/synthesi.../roland_juno_6

There are example patches at the back of the manual.
Hey awesome site, thanks! I also found a Micromoog manual there, which seems to be mostly a cool little synth primer - directly from the past, some patch sheets included.

http://www.soundprogramming.net/manu...oog_Manual.pdf

So we have manuals for most of the plugins (a few switches are at different places sometimes but basically the old manuals work for the new plugins) which is a great thing. Massive vintage synth flashbacks guaranteed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
Good news!
Old 05-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #60
steadyrev

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman View Post
Awesome site thanks lots for this!!
steadyrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:05 AM   #61
Ollie

Found the missing Moog Sonic VI manual:

http://www.vintage-manuals.com/manual.asp?ID_Manual=156

Having these can help a lot to understand the idiosyncrasies of those rather odd synths. Very interesting SOS article about the "Moo Sonic IV" (missing 'g' intended) here:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/Mar0...rozone0302.asp
Old 05-25-2009, 07:37 AM   #62
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_P_Critter View Post
Someone jam out a quick sample and post it up here!
A few days late, but here ya go! This is using the Oberheim TVS-1, Arp String Ensemble, and Juno 6 emulations.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...songID=7630270

Last edited by Glennbo; 05-25-2009 at 08:02 AM.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:24 AM   #63
matey

love the DAVO synth...it brings me back to the golden 70ies, when I first had my hands on the real one!!!

impressive
matey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:36 AM   #64
strunkdts

mad props!!! have gottn some quality stuff from this guy before, but that noise bug sure is a bit of a put off. Hope to see the fix version soon.
Thanx for this
_A
strunkdts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:56 AM   #65
EvilDragon

I LOVE THESE SYNTHS!!!

Especially the Solina, Mellotron is also nice (especially because of the crossfade feature between flutes/choirs/strings!). But, to me, MoonSonoSX is the best. I adore playing preset no. 2. And I'm not a preset bunny. That sound is just so perfect!

Never ever had a noise burst, not in FLS, or Sonar 7, or Reaper 3.

Last edited by EvilDragon; 07-28-2009 at 08:09 AM.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:39 PM   #66
cococo

FYI This suit was updated recently (14.10.2009)

# ver.2.53 - Update
All Instr - Graphics(text) errors are fixed.
Moon Sono - New "Bypass mixer". OSCs without ENV detune and LFO detune.
ODsay - New LED "VCA Gain" (over 0db -"ENV open" mode).
SxM June - Added Unison and third Chorus mode.

Great work of Elektrostudio!
cococo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:35 PM   #67
stratman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cococo View Post
FYI This suit was updated recently (14.10.2009)

# ver.2.53 - Update
All Instr - Graphics(text) errors are fixed.
Moon Sono - New "Bypass mixer". OSCs without ENV detune and LFO detune.
ODsay - New LED "VCA Gain" (over 0db -"ENV open" mode).
SxM June - Added Unison and third Chorus mode.

Great work of Elektrostudio!
Many thanks for the info. I've just updated. The unison mode on the SxM June is a good extra.

Pete
stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:52 PM   #68
EvilDragon

About SxMJune, you can now activate both Chorus modes at the same time, just like on original!
Old 10-20-2009, 09:58 PM   #69
saldiamond

i'm never going to get anything done.

can't stop messing around with these.
saldiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:17 AM   #70
Tale

Cool, thanks for the heads up.
Tale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:23 AM   #71
AudioWonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersequencer View Post
But can we legally use these synths in our music production for commercial purposes such as making a track for a client or making our own song/beats?
Will the writers of these synths have a problem, do we need to pay them?
The license file included in the rar file answers all of these questions. You can use them for commercial releases according to the notes in it
AudioWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #72
skipkent

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but these synths are really amazing.

The 'DavoSynth' is one of my fav's but took a bit to figure out. The keys on the left are modifyers, hold one down and play the keys on the right and you get a lead-ish sound, hold down a different key on the left and the keys on the right make a bass sound. As a live instrument, this vst turns a single cheap keyboard into a real performance piece, if the limited, VERY old school sounds are to your liking.

I don't know if this is modeled after a real synth or not but if anyone knows please pass it along. The sound is spot-on early Stranglers, which makes me think its named after their most god like and amazing synthesist/keyboard player Dave Greenfield. Plunk around a bit and, if you're at all familiar with their music you'll know what I mean right away.

Some day I'll start a Dave Greenfield appreciation thread. Can't love that guy and his music enough.

I'm not much for synths, but these are really fun to play with. Thinking of getting a Mac laptop, but the thought of not having access to these on that platform is giving me doubts!

Last edited by skipkent; 06-27-2012 at 09:01 PM.
skipkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #73
Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipkent View Post
I don't know if this is modeled after a real synth or not but if anyone knows please pass it along.
It is based on the Davolisint:
http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/davolisint.php
Tale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:13 AM   #74
skipkent

Thanks for the info! I'll have to look up and see if Mr. Greenfield ever used this. Some of the sounds are just too similar.

edit: The wiki page shows this:

"His distinctive sound on the early Stranglers recordings involved the use of Hohner cembalet electric piano, Hammond L-100 electric organ, a Minimoog synthesizer, and later an Oberheim FVS-4 polyphonic synthesizer."

No mention of the Davolisint. I have some old fanzines of their somewhere which I'll have to dig up. One in particular had and extensive equipment list.
skipkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:34 AM   #75
SpecialRich

at work so haven't been able to check properly, win only I take it?
SpecialRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #76
EvilDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialRich View Post
at work so haven't been able to check properly, win only I take it?
Yeah.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #77
Cosmic

Great.

I have a feeling my next couple of tunes might be synthesizer lead.

Yay!

Edit..the demos on the page are super amazing!

Oh and @Ollie ..any chance of reposting that demo you made??
Old 07-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #78
Ollie

I re-rendered and updated the dead link in my post.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #79
Link0126

Haven't experienced the dreaded volume spikes yet. I'm guessing that's been fixed...
Link0126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #80
Cosmic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
I re-rendered and updated the dead link in my post.

Good man yerself!