Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 07-22-2016, 09:41 AM   #1
MarkDast
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper doesn't check automation on export

Hy Guys

That's the issue: I have a song which consists of 25 tracks, and I want to filter a little portion of this song (8 bars).

So, I divide the song in two groups, one for leads/bass and such stuffs, and the others for drums.

I create an automation in each of the two groups.

So far, so good. When I play the song or export the master track, everything is okay.

But, when I try to export the stems, there aren't my automation filters. Seems like reaper doesn't check automations when they're placed in a folder track.

There's a way to resolve this: filter every single track only in those 8 bars, but I hope there's an other solution.

Help me plz

[Sorry for my bad english i'm italian]
MarkDast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:47 AM   #2
heda

Rendering stems renders the output of each channel. Any fx applied to a parent folder doesn't affect the output of the stem. That's how it is.
So yes, I think you must filter each track. You can link the parameters of the filter to one of them, so you can automate only one of them and the rest of tracks will follow the same automation.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:48 AM   #3
semiquaver

automation on folder track does not affect the child tracks

you will want to use VCA groups (if you are automating Volume and pan as I assume...)
semiquaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:52 AM   #4
MarkDast

Thanks for the fast replies c:

What's a VCA Group?

[I'm automating the FREQ parameters of the 4 band of ReaEQ]
MarkDast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:03 AM   #5
typhonj

Here is a little trick for you;

This script is automatically creating temporary projects so as the track's stems can individually be rendered with their parent automations.

The important things is the file name auto incrementation. . .
If you leave it as it is, the cues rendering will overwrites the files created leaving just one file(!).

So by using the projects name wildcards and since his script is incrementing the temporry project names that are used, the stem files are not overwriten because of each of them having their own single names.

Script used is on the video. . . Thanks MPL!!!

Hope this is clear and it helps
typhonj is offline   Reply With Quote