Old 07-23-2016, 06:32 AM   #1
Jbunk
Human being with feelings

Default So simple its complicated

I'm relatively new to this, so my language may not be correct but I will do my best. I can purchase songs from a site called multitracks.com that are already broken up into stems along with a click track and guide.

I want to take out the stems I don't need, save it as a single .wav file in stereo with the click track and guide on the left channel for a monitor and the music on the right channel for the house.

I have a looper pedal that will play 4 hours of .wav music and I can separate the channels with the pedal to send monitor to ear buds and music to house. So I can use the pedal to start and stop the music live.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated
Jbunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 06:35 AM   #2
Fergler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbunk View Post
I'm relatively new to this, so my language may not be correct but I will do my best. I can purchase songs from a site called multitracks.com that are already broken up into stems along with a click track and guide.

I want to take out the stems I don't need, save it as a single .wav file in stereo with the click track and guide on the left channel for a monitor and the music on the right channel for the house.

I have a looper pedal that will play 4 hours of .wav music and I can separate the channels with the pedal to send monitor to ear buds and music to house. So I can use the pedal to start and stop the music live.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated
In the first line you said you are downloading already split audio files, but in the second you say you need to 'take out' what you don't need. I'm confused here, you need to be more specific.

What exactly do you have, i.e. file types, and what do you need help with?
Fergler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 07:01 AM   #3
typhonj

Hi and welcome.

Nothing complicated with all of this, it is part of the very basic thing you can do with any of today's DAW;

Good luck
typhonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 10:09 AM   #4
Jbunk

Thank you Typhonj

I will look at this when i have more time. Looks like the answer though.

Appreciate the GIF.

I will respond again if i have problems. (i am pretty good at finding them)LOL!
Old 07-23-2016, 01:15 PM   #5
Jbunk

Awesome. Just what i needed.