Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Live Use

Old 06-22-2021, 03:11 PM   #1
DrFrankencopter
Human being with feelings

Default Any way to insert a tempo marker on tap tempo?

Not quite a live performance question, but very close.

I'm recording jam/writing sessions into a single project, and would like tap tempo to insert a tempo marker (at the play/record head position) instead of changing the global project settings.

Ideally what I'd like is:
1. Tap tempo on my Helix to insert a Tempo marker based on the newly tapped tempo. I've had my Helix control tap tempo before via MIDI, so I know that part is possible...but is there an action, or setting to have tap tempo change insert a tempo marker?
2. Marker inserted whenever the transport is put into record+play
3. Region created when the transport is put into record+pause. Ideally the region would have some unique colour so it's easily identified when reviewing the material afterwards.

If you have any other tips/tricks for this sort of "single project - multiple song" workflow I am all ears!!

Feel free to move this to an appropriate forum if this isn't the right spot. I tried Tips/Tricks, but no joy there.
Old 06-22-2021, 09:15 PM   #2
lexaproductions

You can make a custom action that:
Move the edit cursor to the play cursor
Then this action:
Tempo envelope: Insert tempo marker at edit cursor, without opening tempo edit dialog

You can also optionally save the previous edit cursor position and restore it after your action is done.

Using Reascript you can obviously do stuff way more powerful. but I think this answers your needs for now.
lexaproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 08:42 AM   #3
DrFrankencopter

Thanks! I'll start looking into that. Guess I'll need to figure out how to read the value from the tap tempo and supply it to the new tempo marker. I haven't done much Reaper scripting before.

Worst case scenario, I figure I can write a custom extension plug-in...as I've done that before. But that might be overkill.