Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 04-15-2019, 04:32 AM   #1
StarEternal
Human being with feelings

Default Logic Users - Repeat Section Between Locators Function

New to reaper, advanced in logic, question for anyone who can help,
I want to repeat section between locators.

All tracks including markers. I want it to ripple/shuffle everything forward as it would in logic.

Since Reaper doesn't have this command, I have tried with doing a "Time Selection" which was perfect to the grid and splitting it. Then copy and paste it in "All Tracks Ripple" mode.

For some reason reaper messed up the time and somehow added fades it didn't need and got the project out of time. When it crossed into the repeat section it was ok, but at the end where it finished, the rippled forward sections were out of time. Especially the midi. It added fades on midi as well which is really strange.

Is there a Logic User who knows how to arrange songs in logic and can tell me a better way to do this in Reaper?
StarEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:06 PM   #2
Mr. Data

Hi StarEternal and welcome to Reaper!

If you could describe in more detail how Logic does this and what would be the result, you'd probably get help soon.

The ripple function can easily mess things up if you don't know what you're doing.

Might be the case that you can achieve what you want without using 'Ripple edit' at all.

Since I don't know what exactly you're up to I still can imagine you could try to make a time selection and choose 'Empty space at time selection' which would result in an empty space in the time selection by at the same time shifting all material inside the selection to the end of the selected range.

-Data
Old 04-21-2019, 07:22 PM   #3
J Reverb

You can use Regions for this ..

Markers: Insert region from time selection
ctrl+drag to copy.
It will copy everything including markers etc..
J Reverb is offline   Reply With Quote