Old 04-05-2019, 03:51 PM   #1
vdubreeze
Human being with feelings

Default Select after splitting bug

I've noticed this for a few versions. If you want to delete a section of an item on a single track after creating a new split item encompassing that unwanted section, you're unable to select that item to delete it by clicking on it until you click on another track and then return back to that track, at which point it allows you to select and delete. If you don't do this the whole larger item is deleted.

Here's an example where I want to take a single cycle out, from zero crossing to zero crossing. You used to be able to split the area to be deleted and then click on it to select it and then delete. But it won't highlight/select until I click elsewhere and then return to select it.

Last edited by vdubreeze; 04-05-2019 at 09:11 PM.
vdubreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 03:21 PM   #2
vdubreeze

OK. Turns out this only happens when splitting at zero crossings. But it used to not be this way : ) The item/mouse/selection behavior used to be the same for splitting an item normally, with "S" and splitting at a zero crossing, "opt-z" (at previous zc in this case). But now you can't select the new item within the item to be cut without a deselection, such as clicking outside the enclosing item, IOW you can't split, split, select between them and delete.

Mouse modifiers for selection are all at defaults, or at least unchanged for years if something was not at default. IIRC this began between 4 and 6 months ago.

Can anyone else who uses zero crossings for cuts occasionally confirm or deny this?

Old 04-13-2019, 03:11 AM   #3
akademie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubreeze View Post
Can anyone else who uses zero crossings for cuts occasionally confirm or deny this?

Cannot confirm this. I just tried to set edit cursor to a place in wav media item, Alt+Z (split), set edit cursor little bit later in media item, Alt+Z (split) - now I have selected the splited part and also te right part of media item. I just click on that splitted part (middle part) and it gets selected.

Reaper v5.973+dev0314 (32-bit) - default mouse modifiers settings here.

Last edited by akademie; 04-13-2019 at 03:16 AM.
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:00 AM   #4
vdubreeze

Thanks, academia. I'm on OS X 10.11.6 which may be a factor. Happening on two different MBPs, a 2015 and a 2009.

I'm off to check and uncheck all the related mouse modifiers then : /

Can anyone on a Mac check this out?

Thanks.

Last edited by vdubreeze; 04-13-2019 at 01:28 PM.
vdubreeze is offline   Reply With Quote