Old 02-11-2019, 12:36 PM   #1
eufex
Human being with feelings

Default Reverse items as new take

Reverse items as new take while Reaper is playing back - stops all audio while the processing takes place. Fine. But then all audio is lost after the render has taken place. Having to restart the programme. There may be a restart audio button somewhere?
eufex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:06 PM   #2
Fergler

For me I don't lose audio. You may be experiencing another program taking over the audio priority while Reaper surrendered it while rendering a new take.

Btw, you don't have to render a file to reverse audio. You can use 'toggle take reverse'.
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:07 PM   #3
eufex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergler View Post
For me I don't lose audio. You may be experiencing another program taking over the audio priority while Reaper surrendered it while rendering a new take.

Btw, you don't have to render a file to reverse audio. You can use 'toggle take reverse'.
No, I don't think that's it - I'm using Jack.

I'll try the toggle take but I don't want to reverse the entire take. If I've got a whole bunch of sections copied through an arrangement and have chopped say an 1/8th note and just want to reverse that alone.

Cheers
Old 02-16-2019, 12:07 PM   #4
eufex

Had another look today. what's happening is that the connections I have for Reaper within Jack are deleted whenever I choose render as new take - I have to reconnect the outputs in Jack.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:45 PM   #5
Fergler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eufex View Post
I'll try the toggle take but I don't want to reverse the entire take. If I've got a whole bunch of sections copied through an arrangement and have chopped say an 1/8th note and just want to reverse that alone.
If the item is split it will do it only between the start and end points of that split item.
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 04:32 AM   #6
eufex

Ok. I only see an option for toggle take reverse if there are multiple takes (I.e comping). If there's only one take there's nothing to toggle so there's no option to do that. That's by the by anyway. Performing an audio operation inside a DAW should cause anything to happen in JACK at all...
Old 02-19-2019, 06:00 PM   #7
s wave

How do you: reverse a midi 'media item'? Is there a shortcut to do this?
s wave is offline   Reply With Quote