Old 07-01-2019, 09:28 AM   #1
Meo-Ada Mespotine
Human being with feelings

Default Ultraschall-API - pre-release-thread

In this thread, I will post updates for unreleased versions of the Ultraschall-API.
You will be able to install the stuff for testing and giving me feedback, if the things don't work as expected or are too difficult to use.

This here is strictly unfinished stuff, will probably change heavily and some features may or may not make it into a final release.

When in doubt, just use the final release, head over to the official Ultraschall-API-thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=214539

On vacation for the time being...

Last edited by Meo-Ada Mespotine; 07-23-2019 at 08:58 AM.
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:29 AM   #2
Meo-Ada Mespotine

The next release-cycle will be for version 4.00-beta 2.76.

Focus will be:
- finalizing functions for Parameter-Learn and modulation
- localization
- loop-rendering

Will begin tomorrow with developing on that one.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:22 PM   #3
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Ok, this pre-release-procedure is quite new for this project, so I just start with my current idea, of it working. Let's see where it leads us.

Download it with ReaPack using: https://github.com/Ultraschall/ultra...ease_index.xml

Pre-release-build: 38961.00 from 2nd of July 2019

New features
  • Actions: GetAllActions - gets all actions, actioncommandids and scriptnames of all actions in a specific section
  • FXManagement: AutoDetectVSTPlugins - auto-searches for the vst-plugin-folder
  • FXManagement: ScanDXPlugins - rescans all DX(DirectX)-plugins, optionally scans all or just the new ones
  • FXManagement: ScanVSTPlugins - rescans all vst-plugins, optionally clears vst-plugin-cache first
  • HelperFunctions: get_action_context_MediaItemDiff - gets the MediaItemDifference(position, start, end, length, offset) since last time calling this function. Good for ripple-drag-scripts.
  • Localize: Localize - localizes a string, using the texts from a translationfile; can be used with or without ultraschall. at the beginning
  • Localize: Localize_RefreshFile - reloads an already set translation-file, so translations can be updated at runtime
  • Localize: Localize_UseFile - sets a translationfile, that shall be used by function ultraschall.Localize
  • ReaMote: AutoSearchReaMoteSlaves - autosearches for new ReaMote-slaves
  • Render: AddSelectedItemsToRenderQueue - adds selected MediaItems to render-queue as either one render-queued-project or individual projects
  • Render: GetRenderingToFileHWND - gets the hwnd of the rendering-to-file-dialog, during rendering
  • Tools: ultraschall_Add_Developertools_To_Reaper.lua - allows installing developertools into Reaper
  • Tools: ultraschall_Remove_Developertools_From_Reaper.lua - allows removing already installed developertools from Reaper

Changes
  • API: versionscheck - had problems with pre/rc and dev-versions of Reaper -> fixed(reported by X-Raym)
  • Docs: updated Reaper-docs to 5.979 and JS-extension 0.989
  • Helpers: GetPath - when filename has no path, it returns now "", filename
  • Helpers: GetUserInputs - allows now setting width of the captions-fields(requested by Julian Sader), allows now commas in captions and default-values as well; title is now the one defined by the title-parameter(used to have temporary title previously) (reported by X-Raym)
  • Render: RenderProject_Regions - produced Lua-error, when passing a filename without extension and if region was <1, returns error-messages now in that case
  • Scripts: HWND-Displayer.lua - reimplemented, much more comfortable now with a lot of more features.
  • Tools - the following scripts renamed to:
    ultraschall_developertool_ActionlistToIni-Converter.lua
    ultraschall_developertool_Display-Altered-ConfigFile-Entries.lua
    ultraschall_developertool_Display-Altered-Config-Vars.lua
    ultraschall_developertool_Env_State_Diffs_Monitor. lua
    ultraschall_developertool_findConfigVarsToggledByA ctions.lua
    ultraschall_developertool_GetPitchShiftModes.lua
    ultraschall_developertool_gfx_deltablit_displayer. lua
    ultraschall_developertool_HWND-Displayer.lua
    ultraschall_developertool_Item_State_Diffs_Monitor .lua
    ultraschall_developertool_Project_State_Diffs_Moni tor.lua
    ultraschall_developertool_StateInspector.lua
    ultraschall_developertool_Track_State_Diffs_Monito r.lua
  • Tools: ultraschall_Remove_ExampleScripts_To_Reaper.lua - renamed to ultraschall_Remove_ExampleScripts_From_Reaper.lua, better name that way

Old 07-03-2019, 09:40 AM   #4
reapero

Thx! Back from holidays in a few days. I'll be testing the render regions thing then.
reapero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 08:53 AM   #5
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Render regions isn't done yet, only the changes I posted above. Will come in the next few days.

Old 07-04-2019, 08:56 AM   #6
Meo-Ada Mespotine

New pre-release-version available, with the following additions and changes.
Install it, using: https://github.com/Ultraschall/ultra...ease_index.xml

Build: 39682

Additions:
  • FXManagement: DeleteParmAlias_FXStateChunk - deletes a parameter-alias-entry from a specific fx in an FXStateChunk
  • FXManagement: DeleteParmLFOLearn_FXStateChunk - deletes a parameter-lfo-learn-entry from a specific fx in an FXStateChunk
  • FXManagement: DeleteParmLearn_FXStateChunk - deletes a ParmLearn-entry from a specific fx in an FXStateChunk
  • FXManagement: SetFXStateChunk - sets an FXStateChunk into a TrackStateChunk or MediaItemStateChunk
  • FXManagement: SetParmAlias_FXStateChunk - sets a parameter-alias-entry from a specific fx in an FXStateChunk
  • FXManagement: SetParmLearn_FXStateChunk - sets a parameter-learn-entry from a specific fx in an FXStateChunk
  • FXManagement: SetParmLFOLearn_FXStateChunk - sets a parameter-lfo-learn-entry from a specific fx in an FXStateChunk

Changes:
  • FXManagement: GetFXStateChunk - when using MediaItemStateChunks, it allows now selecting, from which take to get the FXStateChunk
    • Localize: Localize - has now link to localize-fileformat in their description
    • Localize: Localize_RefreshFile - has now link to localize-fileformat in their description
    • Localize: Localize_UseFile - has now link to localize-fileformat in their description
    Notes on how to use the ParmLearn-functions:
  • Step 1: Get a Track/MediaItemStateChunk using GetTrackStateChunk/GetItemStateChunk
  • Step 2: Get the FXStateChunk using ultraschall.GetFXStateChunk
  • Step 3: Get/Set the setting(s) in the FXStateChunk
  • Step 4: Add the altered FXStateChunk to the original Track/ItemStateChunk using ultraschall.SetFXStateChunk
  • Step 5: Commit the altered Track/ItemStateChunk to the project, using SetTrackStateChunk

Step 4 and 5 only, if you want to change something in the ParmLearn-settings

Notes: Committing changes made with SetParmLFOLearn_FXStateChunk with SetTrackStateChunks doesn't work due a bug in Reaper, which changes it to a regular ParmLearn-entry.
    I've bugreported that already.

Old 07-07-2019, 09:31 AM   #7
Meo-Ada Mespotine

New pre-release-version available, with the following additions and changes.
Install it, using:
https://github.com/Ultraschall/ultra...ease_index.xml

Build: 39790 - 7th of July 2019

Additions:
  • FXManagement: AddParmAlias_FXStateChunk - adds a parameter-alias-entry to an FXStateChunk
  • FXManagement: AddParmLearn_FXStateChunk - adds a parameter-learn-entry to an FXStateChunk
  • FXManagement: AddParmLFOLearn_FXStateChunk - adds a parameter-lfo-learn-entry to an FXStateChunk
  • FXManagement: CountParmAlias_FXStateChunk - counts parameter-alias-entries in an FXStateChunk
  • FXManagement: CountParmLearn_FXStateChunk - counts parameter-learn-entries in an FXStateChunk
  • FXManagement: CountParmLFOLearn_FXStateChunk - counts parameter-lfo-learn-entries in an FXStateChunk

Old 07-12-2019, 08:48 AM   #8
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Build: 39863 12th of July

Additions:
  • Tools: LangPack2Developer_langpack_converter.lua - converts a language-pack into a developer-langpack, which displays the sections, in which every caption is located in the langpack
  • Tools: ultraschall_developertool_CheckForNewConfigVars.lu a - checks the individual lines of a string in clipboard for valid config-vars; thought I already had added that...
  • Track Management: AnyTrackMute - returns, if any track is muted; optionally includes the master-track as well

Changes:
  • Docs: FileType-Description - added missing info to ReaperConfigZip-Filetype-description
  • Docs: updated Reaper-docs to 5.980
  • Helpers: SplitStringAtLineFeedToArray - sped up by magnitudes, should now work much faster with megabyte-strings

You can download it using ReaPack and the pre-release-index-file:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ul...ease_index.xml

Online docs for the pre-release-version: https://mespotin.uber.space/Ultrasch...Functions.html

Last edited by Meo-Ada Mespotine; 10-11-2019 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-21-2019, 12:24 PM   #9
lossius

Quote:
Originally Posted by mespotine View Post
(...)
Build: 39682

Additions:
  • FXManagement: DeleteParmAlias_FXStateChunk - deletes a parameter-alias-entry from a specific fx in an FXStateChunk
  • FXManagement: DeleteParmLFOLearn_FXStateChunk - deletes a parameter-lfo-learn-entry from a specific fx in an FXStateChunk
  • FXManagement: DeleteParmLearn_FXStateChunk - deletes a ParmLearn-entry from a specific fx in an FXStateChunk
  • FXManagement: SetFXStateChunk - sets an FXStateChunk into a TrackStateChunk or MediaItemStateChunk
  • FXManagement: SetParmAlias_FXStateChunk - sets a parameter-alias-entry from a specific fx in an FXStateChunk
  • FXManagement: SetParmLearn_FXStateChunk - sets a parameter-learn-entry from a specific fx in an FXStateChunk
  • FXManagement: SetParmLFOLearn_FXStateChunk - sets a parameter-lfo-learn-entry from a specific fx in an FXStateChunk

Changes:
  • FXManagement: GetFXStateChunk - when using MediaItemStateChunks, it allows now selecting, from which take to get the FXStateChunk
    • Localize: Localize - has now link to localize-fileformat in their description
    • Localize: Localize_RefreshFile - has now link to localize-fileformat in their description
    • Localize: Localize_UseFile - has now link to localize-fileformat in their description
    Notes on how to use the ParmLearn-functions:
  • Step 1: Get a Track/MediaItemStateChunk using GetTrackStateChunk/GetItemStateChunk
  • Step 2: Get the FXStateChunk using ultraschall.GetFXStateChunk
  • Step 3: Get/Set the setting(s) in the FXStateChunk
  • Step 4: Add the altered FXStateChunk to the original Track/ItemStateChunk using ultraschall.SetFXStateChunk
  • Step 5: Commit the altered Track/ItemStateChunk to the project, using SetTrackStateChunk

Step 4 and 5 only, if you want to change something in the ParmLearn-settings

Notes: Committing changes made with SetParmLFOLearn_FXStateChunk with SetTrackStateChunks doesn't work due a bug in Reaper, which changes it to a regular ParmLearn-entry.
    I've bugreported that already.
Thanks. I am currently testing this out, but hit upon a problem. Here is an excerpt from my code:

Code:
TrackStateChunk = ultraschall.GetProject_TrackStateChunk(ProjectFileNameWithPath, trackID + 1, 0)
FxStateChunk = ultraschall.GetFXStateChunk(TrackStateChunk)
reaper.ShowConsoleMsg("TrackStateChunk:\n\n"..(TrackStateChunk).."\n\n")
reaper.ShowConsoleMsg("-----------------------\n\n")
reaper.ShowConsoleMsg("FXStateChunk:\n\n"..(FxStateChunk).."\n\n")
When I print TrackStateChunk, I get the expected result. However when I print FxStateChunk, I get the following error message:

tl_Use 2 stereo FXs to process O1A ambisonics.lua:182: attempt to concatenate a nil value (global 'FxStateChunk')

Am I missing something obvious here?

Apart from that I also have a second question: Is there any way of providing the currently open project as "ProjectFileNameWithPath" rather than having to point to a saved version of the project?

Thanks!

PS: The spaces that show up in (TrackStateChunk) and (FxStateChunk) in line 3 and 5 of the code are due to the forum software formatting, and these spaces are not present in my own code. - Update: did as advised by nofish in his reply below.

Last edited by lossius; 07-22-2019 at 09:44 AM.
lossius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 05:20 AM   #10
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lossius View Post
PS: The spaces that show up in (TrackStateChunk) and (FxStateChunk) in line 3 and 5 of the code are due to the forum software formatting, and these spaces are not present in my own code.
You can put your code between [_code_] [_/code_] tags (without the underscores) to prevent this.
https://forum.cockos.com/misc.php?do=bbcode#code
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:44 AM   #11
Meo-Ada Mespotine

@Lossius
You should try the final release, which is discussed in the official release-thread:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=214539

If the problem persists, write me a bug-report over there and I'll try to fix it.

To get a TrackStateChunk of a track in the current project, you can safely use this function:
https://mespotin.uber.space/Ultrasch...nk_Tracknumber

Just pass over the tracknumber, with 1 for the first, 2 for the second, etc.
If you want to have the MasterTrack, pass 0 as tracknumber.

Edit: I think I see the problem, which is probably a problem in my code, which I'll fix. But if you follow my instructions above, this shouldn't be a problem for you.

Last edited by Meo-Ada Mespotine; 07-23-2019 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:57 AM   #12
Meo-Ada Mespotine

New-Prerelease-version available

Build: 40316 - 23rd of July 2019

New features in 4.00beta2.77
  • Helper Functions: FindPatternsInString - finds all occurrences of a matching-pattern in a string

Changes from Beta 2.76 to Beta 2.77
  • API: functions - moved all functions into modules for future modular-concept
    Docs: GetRenderingToFileHWND - had parameters described, that don't exist -> fixed
    Helper Functions: GetUserInputs - did change the tables passed as default-retvals -> fixed now
    Helper Functions: IsValidMatchingPattern - moved to docs-index API-Helper functions -> Data Manipulation
    Helper Functions: SecondsToTime - moved to docs-index API-Helper functions -> Data Manipulation
    Helper Functions: SecondsToTimeString_hh_mm_ss_mss - moved to docs-index API-Helper functions -> Data Manipulation
    Helper Functions: TimeStringToSeconds_hh_mm_ss_mss - moved to docs-index API-Helper functions -> Data Manipulation
    Helper Functions: TimeToSeconds - moved to docs-index API-Helper functions -> Data Manipulation
    HWND: GetActionsHWND - moved to docs-index User Interface -> Reaper-Windowhandler
    HWND: GetBatchFileItemConverterHWND - moved to docs-index User Interface -> Reaper-Windowhandler
    HWND: GetConsolidateTracksHWND - moved to docs-index User Interface -> Reaper-Windowhandler
    HWND: GetExportProjectMIDIHWND - moved to docs-index User Interface -> Reaper-Windowhandler
    HWND: GetPreferencesHWND - moved to docs-index User Interface -> Reaper-Windowhandler
    HWND: GetProjectDirectoryCleanupHWND - moved to docs-index User Interface -> Reaper-Windowhandler
    HWND: GetProjectSettingsHWND - moved to docs-index User Interface -> Reaper-Windowhandler
    HWND: GetRenderQueueHWND - moved to docs-index User Interface -> Reaper-Windowhandler
    HWND: GetRenderToFileHWND - moved to docs-index User Interface -> Reaper-Windowhandler
    HWND: GetRenderingToFileHWND - moved to docs-index User Interface -> Reaper-Windowhandler
    HWND: GetSaveLiveOutputToDiskHWND - moved to docs-index User Interface -> Reaper-Windowhandler
    HWND: GetVideoHWND - moved to docs-index User Interface -> Reaper-Windowhandler
    Project Management: GetProject_MasterGroupFlagsState - moved to correct docsindex Project Management
    Project Management: GetProject_MasterGroupFlagsState - moved to correct docsindex Project Management

You can download this pre-release via ReaPack: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ul...ease_index.xml

Old 08-05-2019, 09:02 AM   #13
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Prerelease-Build: 40533 - 4th of August 2019

Additions
  • EventManager: Ultraschall_EventManager.lua - first version of the EventManager-backgroundscript
  • ProjectManagement: GetProjectStateChunk - returns the ProjectStateChunk of the current project(finally working!)
Changes
  • Docs: Doc-Engine - had wrong parameters and retvals in numerous functions...fixed(ooops)
  • FXManagement: GetFXStateChunk - had layoutproblem, when the passed StateChunk was taken from a ProjectStateChunk -> fixed(thanks to Anton9?)

You can download this pre-release via ReaPack: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ul...ease_index.xml

Old 08-06-2019, 07:39 AM   #14
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Build: 40540 - 6th of August 2019

Additions:
  • User Interface: GetMediaExplorerHWND - gets the HWND-windowhandler of the Media Explorer
  • User Interface: UpdateMediaExplorer - updates the listview of the Media Explorer
  • User Interface: MediaExplorer_OnCommand - runs an Media Explorer action(just like Reaper's Main_OnCommand and Midi_OnCommand-functions); no scripts yet

Changes:
  • Eventmanager: EventStateChunk defined; can now add events from an EventStateChunk; supports now sections, namely main and MediaExplorer(Midi still missing); checkfunctions can have now their own userspace for their data; events can be paused now; sometimes didn't check events, when multiple were there -> fixed

Old 08-29-2019, 08:40 AM   #15
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Hit the 1000-functions mark!

Build: 40602

Additions:
  • Error Messaging System: SuppressErrorMessages - suppresses and unsuppresses error-messages of the error messaging system
  • LiceCap: SetLiceCapExe - sets the LiceCap-executable, which shall be used by Reaper
  • LiceCap: SetupLiceCap - sets up the LiceCap-executable settings of the currently chosen LiceCap-executable in Reaper
  • Project Management: GetProjectFilename - returns the filename of a currently opened project
  • Project Management: SetProject_GlobalAuto - sets global automation override-state of a projectfile or a ProjectStateChunk
  • Project Management: SetProject_Lock - sets locked-state of a projectfile or a ProjectStateChunk
  • Project Management: SetProject_MasterAutomode - sets automation-mode of the mastertrack in a projectfile or a ProjectStateChunk
  • Project Management: SetProject_Playrate - sets playrate-state of a projectfile or a ProjectStateChunk
  • Project Management: SetProject_MasterSel - sets selection-state of the master-track in a projectfile or a ProjectStateChunk
  • Project Management: SetProject_Tempo - sets the tempo settings(bpm, beat, denominator) a projectfile or a ProjectStateChunk
  • User Interface: ShowTrackInputMenu - shows a TrackInput-contextmenu
  • User Interface: ShowTrackPanelMenu - shows a TrackPanel-contextmenu
  • User Interface: ShowTrackAreaMenu - shows a TrackArea-contextmenu
  • User Interface: ShowTrackRoutingMenu - shows a TrackRouting-contextmenu
  • User Interface: ShowRulerMenu - shows a Ruler-contextmenu
  • User Interface: ShowMediaItemMenu - shows a MediaItem-contextmenu
  • User Interface: ShowEnvelopeMenu - shows a Track/TakeEnvelope-contextmenu
  • User Interface: ShowEnvelopePointMenu - shows an EnvelopePoint-contextmenu
  • User Interface: ShowEnvelopePointMenu_AutomationItem - shows an EnvelopePoint-contextmenu for Automation Items
  • User Interface: ShowAutomationItemMenu - shows an AutomationItems-contextmenu
Changes:
  • Helper Functions: GetApiVersion - moved into main FunctionsEngine-module
  • Project Management: CheckForChangedProjectTabs - checks now as well, if projectfilenames have changed, by either loading a project or saving a project under a new filename
  • Project Management: CountProjectTabs - moved to ProjectManagement-module
  • Project Management: GetProject_GlobalAuto - added description for global-automation-override[/cur]state
  • Project Management: GetProject_Tabs - moved to ProjectManagement-module
  • Project Management: ProjectTabs-check - initialization had a bug, which could cause CheckForChangedProjectTabs to fail at times -> fixed

Old 09-03-2019, 01:59 PM   #16
lexaproductions

EDIT: Nevermind, Found It
lexaproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 08:45 AM   #17
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Build: 40612 from 12th of September 2019

Additions:
  • Project Management: SaveProjectAs - saves the current project under a new filename; still has issues
  • Ultraschall: DeleteUSExternalState - deletes an extstate from the ultraschall.ini
Changes:
  • Configuration Files: CountIniFileExternalState_sec - had inner variable exposed -> fixed
  • Configuration Files: EnumerateIniFileExternalState_sec - did return keys instead of sections -> fixed
  • Docs: Reaper-Internals - updated docs to JS-extension 0.991 and added new configvars from pre-releases
  • Helper Functions: SplitStringAtLineFeedToArray - didn't always return the last entry of the passed string -> fixed (thanks to Aurelien)
  • Ultraschall: EnumerateUSExternalState_sec - had problems, when ultraschall.ini was stored with CR+LF-lineendings -> fixed (thanks to rstockm)

You can download this prerelease from: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ul...ease_index.xml

Old 09-17-2019, 10:26 AM   #18
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Build: 40623

Additions:
  • EventManager: added communication-infrastructure to EventManager-script
  • EventManager: EventManager_AddEvent - registers a new event to the EvenManager-checkingqueue
  • EventManager: EventManager_CountRegisteredEvents - counts the number of registered events
  • EventManager: EventManager_EnumerateEvents - returns attributes of specific registered events
  • EventManager: EventManager_IsValidEventIdentifier - checks, if an EventIdentifier is a valid and currently registered one
  • EventManager: EventManager_SetEvent - sets an already existing event in the EvenManager-checkingqueue
  • EventManager: Eventmanager_RemoveEvent - removes an event from the EvenManager-checkingqueue
  • Helper functions: RunLuaSourceCode - runs Lua-code directly from a string
  • MediaItem Management: GetMediaItemNumber - returns the itemnumber of a MediaItem within a project
Changes:
  • Docs: Ultraschall-API - index was malformed due bug in doc-generator-scripts -> fixed
  • Media Explorer: MediaExplorer_OnCommand - moved function in docs to index Media Explorer
  • Media Explorer: UpdateMediaExplorer - moved function in docs to index Media Explorer
  • SpectralEdit: AddItemSpectralEdit - parameter end_pos was actually length -> fixed (thanks to XRaym)
  • SpectralEdit: GetItemSpectralEdit - retval end_pos was actually length -> fixed (thanks to XRaym)
  • SpectralEdit: SetItemSpectralEdit - parameter end_pos was actually length -> fixed (thanks to XRaym)
  • Ultraschall: IsTrackSoundboard - sped up execution by removing useless loop(thanks rstockm)
  • Ultraschall: IsTrackStudioLink - sped up execution by removing useless loop(thanks rstockm)
  • Ultraschall: IsTrackStudioLinkOnAir - sped up execution by removing useless loop; didn't work correctly on Mac -> fixed(thanks rstockm)
  • User Interface: GetReaperWindowPosition_Left - deprecated
  • User Interface: GetReaperWindowPosition_Right - deprecated
  • User Interface: GetUserInputs - only working on Windows, currently. Working on fixing it.
  • User Interface: MB - only working on Windows, currently. Working on fixing it.

You can download this prerelease from: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ul...ease_index.xml

Last edited by Meo-Ada Mespotine; 09-18-2019 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:56 AM   #19
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Build: 40627

Additions:
  • Helper functions: Main_OnCommand_LuaCode - runs Luacode in a temporary new script, without the need to create it first

Changes:
  • DocEngine: Docs_GetUSDocBloc_ChapterContext - returned an additional empty non-existant chapter -> fixed
  • DocEngine: Docs_GetUSDocBloc_Requires - could produce a Lua-error -> fixed

Old 09-19-2019, 12:30 PM   #20
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Build: 40630

Eventmanager mostly complete now

Additions:
  • EventManager: EventManager_PauseEvent - pauses a registered event in the EventManager
  • EventManager: EventManager_ResumeEvent - resumes a paused and registered event in the EventManager
  • EventManager: EventManager_Start - starts the EventManager
  • EventManager: EventManager_Stop - stops the EventManager, if all scripts who have registered events have used this function
Changes:
  • Helper Functions: Main_OnCommand_LuaCode - had inner variables exposed -> fixed
  • EventManager: Eventmanager_RemoveEvent - didn't return false in case of an error, though docs stated otherwise -> fixed
  • Eventmanager: EventManagerScript - functions who got passed to the eventmanager are now run in protected mode.
    They print out an error-message in case of an error and the accompanying event will be paused from that moment on.
    This should make that more stable overall, as the other eventcheckings are not stopped due one faulty function of one eventcheck.
    Replacing the function and restarting the eventchecking should be possible, so debugging it on runtime should work.
    In other news: EventChecking now works as often as it was requested(used to be done in every defer-cycle of the eventmanager, which wasted computing-resources)

Old 09-24-2019, 09:29 AM   #21
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Build: 40643

Eventmanager now fully operational. Just some convenience-functions missing.

Additions:
  • EventManager: EventManager_AddStartupEvent - adds an event into the ini-file of the EventManager, to be registered at startup of the ini-file
  • EventManager: EventManager_CountStartupEvents - counts the number of currently available startup-events for the EventManager
  • EventManager: EventManager_EnumerateEvents2 - enumerates attributes of an event by EventIdentifier
  • EventManager: EventManager_EnumerateStartupEvents - enumerates attributes of a startup-event
  • EventManager: EventManager_RemoveAllEvents_Script - removes all events, registered by a script with a certain ScriptIdentifier
  • EventManager: EventManager_RemoveStartupEvent - removes a registered-at-startup-event for the EventManager
  • EventManager: EventManager_RemoveStartupEvent2 - removes a registered-at-startup-event for the EventManager by EventIdentifier
  • EventManager: EventManager_SetStartupEvent - sets an event in the ini-file of the EventManager, which will be registered at startup of the ini-file
  • Helper Functions: ConvertFunction_FromBase64String - loads a function from a BASE64-string
  • Helper Functions: ConvertFunction_ToBase64String - converts a function into a BASE64-string
  • Helper functions: ReplacePatternInString - replaces a certain occurence(and only that one) of a pattern in a string with a replacement
Changes:
  • EventManager: EventManagerScript - allows now automatically adding "startup"-events, who are registered when starting the eventmanager automatically;
    changed stop-behavior, much more simpler and more stable now and stops now, if all scripts unregistered their events to save resources;
    internal function GetNewEventsFromEventRegisterExtstate() renamed to CheckCommandsForEventManager(); resets stop-command at EventManager-startup;
    CheckAllXSeconds and CheckForXSeconds use now 0 as value for the permanent checking;
    could crash, when events were automatically removed -> fixed
  • EventManager: EventManager_AddEvent - allows now setting events before starting the EventManager as well, allows now _ActionCommandIDs as well(used to accept only integer-commandids); CheckAllXSeconds and CheckForXSeconds use now 0 as value for the permanent checking; could crash if actionlist didn't include strings -> fixed
  • EventManager: EventManager_AddStartupEvent - allows now _ActionCommandIDs as well(used to accept only integer-commandids); CheckAllXSeconds and CheckForXSeconds use now 0 as value for the permanent checking; could crash if actionlist didn't include strings -> fixed
  • EventManager: EventManager_EnumerateEvents - converts now the function from BASE64 into the actual function
  • EventManager: EventManager_IsValidEventIdentifier - checks now for valid and currently used EventIdentifiers by registered Events as well
  • EventManager: EventManager_SetEvent - allows now _ActionCommandIDs as well(used to accept only integer-commandids); CheckAllXSeconds and CheckForXSeconds use now 0 as value for the permanent checking; could crash if actionlist didn't include strings -> fixed
  • TrackManagement: GetRecCounter - had wrong Reaper-version in docs -> fixed

Old 10-11-2019, 09:34 AM   #22
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Build: 40830 from 10th of October 2019

Additions:
  • DeferManagement: Defer - runs a deferred loop; you can decide how often it runs; allows you to give it a unique identifier to access, watch and stop it from anywhere!
    better than Defer1 through Defer20!
    Use this one, when in doubt!
  • ErrorMessagingSystem: SLEM - this works like ultraschall.ShowLastErrorMessage() but is easier to type.
  • EventManager: EventManager_GetLastCheckfunctionState - returns the last state of the checkfunction of a certain event, by numbered id(requested by rstockm)
  • EventManager: EventManager_GetLastCheckfunctionState2 - returns the last state of the checkfunction of a certain event, by EventIdentifier(requested by rstockm)
  • EventManager: EventManager_GetLastUpdateTime - returns the last time, when any event got updated
  • EventManager: EventManager_GetPausedState - returns, if a certain event is paused or not, by id/count
  • EventManager: EventManager_GetPausedState2 - returns, if a certain event is paused or not, by EventIdentifier
  • EventManager: EventManager_GetRegisteredEventID - returns the id of a certain event by EventManager, which is the position within all currently registered events
  • Examplescript: US_Api_Examples_EventManager_HowTo.lua - an example on how to add an event to the EventManager
  • MIDIManagement: MIDI_SendMidiCC - sends a MIDI-CC-message to a device or virtual keyboard
  • MIDIManagement: MIDI_SendMidiNote - sends a MIDI-note to a device or virtual keyboard
  • MIDIManagement: MIDI_SendMidiPC - sends a MIDI-PC-message to a device or virtual keyboard
  • MIDIManagement: MIDI_SendMidiPitch - sends a MIDI-Pitchbend-message to a device or virtual keyboard
  • UltraschallSoundboard: Soundboard_Play - starts playing a certain player within the Ultraschall Soundboard
  • UltraschallSoundboard: Soundboard_PlayList[/cur]Next - starts the next Soundboard-player-slot
  • UltraschallSoundboard: Soundboard_PlayList[/cur]Previous - starts the previous Soundboard-player-slot
  • UltraschallSoundboard: Soundboard_PlayList[/cur]SetIndex - sets the current Soundboard-player-slot, optionally starts playing it
  • UltraschallSoundboard: Soundboard_PlayList[/cur]CurrentIndex - returns the current Soundboard-player-slot
  • UltraschallSoundboard: Soundboard_Stop - stops playing a certain player within the Ultraschall Soundboard
  • UltraschallSoundboard: Soundboard_StopAllSounds - stops all player within the Ultraschall Soundboard
  • UltraschallSoundboard: Soundboard_TogglePlay[/cur]FadeOutStop - toggles playing and stop with fadeout of a certain player within the Ultraschall Soundboard
  • UltraschallSoundboard: Soundboard_TogglePlayStop - toggles play-stop of a certain player within the Ultraschall Soundboard
  • UltraschallSoundboard: Soundboard_TogglePlayPause - toggles play-pause of a certain player within the Ultraschall Soundboard

Changes:
  • DeferManagement: GetDeferRunState - gets now Defer-cycles-runstate, of deferred-functions, started by the new function Defer, as well
  • DeferManagement: StopDeferCycle - stops now Defer-cycles, started by the new function Defer, as well
  • EventManager: EventManager_Start - checks now, if EventManager-script exists and returns false if not; didn't unregister the EventManager-script again, after it was run -> fixed(thanks to rstockm)
  • EventManager: Eventmanager-script - includes now a debugmode and returns the reaper.time_precise() time as last-updated time as well
  • RenderManagement: RenderProject_RenderTable - didn't return filearray -> fixed

You can get this latest pre-release from: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ul...ease_index.xml

Old 11-28-2019, 07:14 AM   #23
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Build: 40895 from November 28th, 2019

Readded from earlier development-builds:
- Developer: SetReaScriptConsole_FontStyle - sets the style of the font in the ReaConsole
- LiceCap: SetLiceCapExe - sets the LiceCap-executable, which shall be used by Reaper
- LiceCap: SetupLiceCap - sets up the LiceCap-executable settings of the currently chosen LiceCap-executable in Reaper
- ProjectManagement: SaveProjectAs - saves the current project under a new filename
- RenderManagement: GetProject_RenderOutputPath - gets the render-output-path
- RenderManagement: ResolveRenderPattern - resolves the render-pattern into its actual filename

Additions:
- API: loadspeed - sped up loading speed by 86%, as API will now only load functions, actually needed, not all of them; memory need is only 44% of older approach
this is activated for now, if you set ultraschall.US_BetaFunctions="OFF" in ultraschall_api.lua
still in development and has probably issues(please report them to me, if you come across any of them)
- Docs: Reaper Internals - updated to Reaper 5.987
- Scrubbing: Scrubbing_MoveCursor_GetToggleState - gets the current toggle-state for when scrubbing using an action/surface
- Scrubbing: Scrubbing_MoveCursor_Toggle - toggles the state for when scrubbing using an action/surface

Changes:
- API: Reapack-API-xml-generator.lua - didn't correctly create zip-archive of the API stored in GitHub -> fixed
- ConfigurationManagement: CountValuesByPattern - didn't count at all(for some reason) -> fixed(thanks to reapero)
- Developer: ultraschall_developertool_Display-Altered-Config-Vars.lua - didn't work with rc-pre-releases of Reaper -> fixed
- Marker Management: MoveRegionsBy - still had debug-code in it, which could display messageboxes and overwrite global variables -> fixed (sorry for that)

You can get the latest pre-release from: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ul...ease_index.xml

Old 12-09-2019, 09:55 AM   #24
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Build: 40907 from 9th of December 2019

Additions:
- Docs: Reaper Internals - updated to Reaper 6.01
- Helper Functions: ConvertStringToBits - converts a string into its bit-representation
- Subtitles: ReadSubtitles_VTT - imports a webvtt-subtitlefile
- Subtitles: ReadSubtitles_SRT - imports a SubRip-srt-subtitlefile

Changes:
- ConfigurationManagement: CountValuesByPattern - errors in docs -> fixed(thanks to reapero)
- Marker Management: AddCustomRegion - was expecting length, although declared as regionend in the docs -> fixed
- Marker Management: MoveRegionsBy - still had debug-code in it, which could display messageboxes and overwrite global variables -> fixed (sorry for that)
- Marker Management: SetCustomRegion - had docs of AddCustomRegion -> fixed

You can get the latest pre-release from: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ul...ease_index.xml

Old 12-24-2019, 11:45 AM   #25
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Default The Birth Of Brian of Nazareth

Gifts for Brian, who was born today, 2019 years earlier.
"Hail Brian of Nazareth"

Build: 40935 - 24th of December 2019

Readded from earlier pre-release Builds:
  • Developer: SetReaScriptConsole_FontStyle - sets the style of the font in the ReaConsole
  • LiceCap: SetLiceCapExe - sets the LiceCap-executable, which shall be used by Reaper
  • LiceCap: SetupLiceCap - sets up the LiceCap-executable settings of the currently chosen LiceCap-executable in Reaper
  • ProjectManagement: SaveProjectAs - saves the current project under a new filename
  • RenderManagement: GetProject_RenderOutputPath - gets the render-output-path
  • RenderManagement: ResolveRenderPattern - resolves the render-pattern into its actual filename
  • Subtitles: ReadSubtitles_VTT - imports a webvtt-subtitlefile

Additions:
  • Reaper Internals: Jumping_FX_Button_in_TCP-demo.zip - demos, how Set/GetLayout-functions work; includes a demo theme and a script, that influences it, including comments
  • Reaper Internals: RenderPreset-Configfile.txt - documentation of the Render-Presets of Reaper
  • Reaper Internals: Reaper-ProjectDefault-ConfigSettings.txt - documents all reaper.ini-entries, responsible for default project settings
  • Reaper Internals: Reaper-StuffMidiMessage-Codes(engl_shortlist).txt - holds all messages and their meaning for StuffMIDIMessage
  • Reaper Internals: StuffMidiMessage-docs.txt - describes the usage of the StuffMIDIMessage-function

Changes:
  • API: deprecated - allows showing a warning message, if a script uses a deprecated function in a script; will be shown only once until Reaper restarts, so scripts are stil useable
  • Defer Management: GetDeferIdentifier - removed
  • Defer Management: GetDeferRunState - removed Defer01-Defer20 management
  • Defer Management: Defer1 through Defer20 - removed
  • Docs: render-codes-decoded-base64-strings.txt - removed last 00-byte in every string(except DDP), as it was faulty
  • Docs: DeferScripts_004_Working_with_Defer_Identifiers - removed
  • Docs: Defer - reworked docs and removed all references to Defer1 through Defer20
  • Helper functions: Base64_Decoder - removed small bug, which added a nullbyte at end of strings
  • Reaper Internals: render-codes-decoded-base64-strings.txt - added new settings for AIFF
  • Render Management: GetRenderCFG_Settings_AIFF - returns Embed Beat Length-checkbox, as included with Reaper 6
  • Render Management: CreateRenderCFG_AIFF - added Embed Beat Length-checkbox, as included with Reaper 6
  • User Interface: GetReaperWindowPosition_Left - removed
  • User Interface: GetReaperWindowPosition_Right - removed

Get the pre-release-version from: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ul...ease_index.xml

Old 01-20-2020, 04:23 PM   #26
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Ultraschall Framework - Changelog

[small]4.00 Beta 2.80: - "Starsailor - Four to the Floor"[/small]

readded from earlier development-builds
  • Developer: SetReaScriptConsole_FontStyle - sets the style of the font in the ReaConsole
  • ProjectManagement: SaveProjectAs - saves the current project under a new filename
  • RenderManagement: ResolveRenderPattern - resolves the render-pattern into its actual filename
New features in 4.00beta2.80
  • Helper functions: FloatCompare - compares two float-numbers, with the a chance to set a precision to compare against
  • Helper functions: FromClip - gets a string from the clipboard
  • Helper functions: ToClip - puts a string into the clipboard
  • DeferManagement: GetDeferCycleSettings - allows getting mode and timer-settings of running ultraschall.Defer-cycles at runtime and even from the outside of the deferred script
  • DeferManagement: SetDeferCycleSettings - allows setting mode and timer-settings of running ultraschall.Defer-cycles at runtime and even from the outside of the deferred script
  • FXManagement: CountFXStateChunksInStateChunk - counts the FXStateChunks within a Project-/Track-/ItemStateChunk(requested by XRaym)
  • FXManagement: RemoveFXStateChunkFromTrackStateChunk - removes a FXStateChunk from a TrackStateChunk(requested by XRaym)
  • FXManagement: RemoveFXStateChunkFromItemStateChunk - removes a certain FXStateChunk from an ItemStateChunk(requested by XRaym)
  • MediaItems: GetEndOfItem - returns the endposition of a MediaItem(thanks to fernsehmuell)
  • MediaItems: GetAllMediaItemAttributes_Table - returns all attributes of a MediaItem as a handy table(requested by fernsehmuell)
  • MediaItems: GetAllSelectedMediaItemsBetween - returns all selected MediaItems between start- and endposition within certain tracks of your choice(requested by fernsehmuell)
  • MediaItems: SetAllMediaItemAttributes_Table - sets all attributes of a MediaItems using an attributes table, like the one returned by GetAllMediaItemAttributes_Table(requested by fernsehmuell)
  • Reaper Internals: Jumping_FX_Button_in_TCP-demo.zip - demoes, how Set/GetLayout-functions work; includes a demo theme and a script, that influences it, including comments
  • Reaper Internals: RenderPreset-Configfile.txt - documentation of the Render-Presets of Reaper
  • Reaper Internals: Reaper-ProjectDefault-ConfigSettings.txt - documents all reaper.ini-entries, responsible for default project settings
  • Reaper Internals: Reaper-StuffMidiMessage-Codes(engl_shortlist).txt - holds all messages and their meaning for StuffMIDIMessage
  • Reaper Internals: StuffMidiMessage-docs.txt - describes the usage of the StuffMIDIMessage-function
  • Render Management: GetRender_EmbedStretchMarkers - gets the current state of the "Embed stretch markers/transient guides"-checkbox from the Render to File dialog
  • Render Management: SetRender_EmbedStretchMarkers - sets the current state of the "Embed stretch markers/transient guides"-checkbox from the Render to File dialog
  • ProjectManagement: GetProjectState_NumbersOnly - returns all numerical values, associated with a certain state
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_PooledEnvAttach - gets the pooled-envattach-state
  • ProjectManagement: GetProjectLength - gets the length of the current active project, as well as the position of the last itemedge, regionend, marker, time-sig-marker(requested by rstockm)
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackState_NumbersOnly - returns all numerical values, associated with a certain state
Changes from Beta 2.79 to Beta 2.80
  • API: ultraschall-table - made it local, so loading ultraschall-API is even more faster than it used to be; should also affect usage of Ultraschall-API-functions within scripts(thanks to lokasenna)
  • API: deprecated - allows showing a warning message, if a script uses a deprecated function in a script; will be shown only once until Reaper restarts, so scripts are stil useable
  • Defer Management: GetDeferIdentifier - removed
  • Defer Management: GetDeferRunState - removed Defer01-Defer20 management; threw Lua-error, when passing nonstring as identifier -> fixed
  • Defer Management: Defer1 through Defer20 - removed
  • Defer Management: Defer - mode and timer can also be set now from the outside of the defer-cycle; can now be protected from stopping it from the outside; couldn't be stopped from the outside when mode~=2 -> fixed
  • Defer Management: GetDeferRunState - was missing parameters in the docs due typo -> fixed
  • Defer Management: StopDeferCycle - didn't work, when mode=2 of a ultraschall.Defer-cycle -> fixed
  • Docs: DeferScripts_004_Working_with_Defer_Identifiers - removed
  • Docs: Defer - reworked docs and removed all references to Defer1 through Defer20
  • Docs: JS-Extension - updated to 0.997
  • Docs: render-codes-decoded-base64-strings.txt - removed last 00-byte in every string(except DDP), as it was wrongly there
  • Event Manager: Eventmanager_RemoveEvent - couldn't be found due typo in new module-loader -> fixed (thanks to rstockm)
  • Event Manager: EventManager_RemoveAllEvents_Script - couldn't be found due typo in new module-loader -> fixed
  • Helper functions: Base64_Decoder - removed small bug, which added a nullbyte at end of strings
  • MediaItems: GetSelectedMediaItemsAtPosition - sped up a little; returns now a MediaItemStateChunkArray as well
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_AddMediaToProjectAfterRender - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_AutoCrossFade - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_CursorPos - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_DefPitchMode - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_EnvAttach - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_Feedback - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_GlobalAuto - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_Grid - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_GroupDisabled - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly; didn't return anything, when no groups were disabled -> fixed
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_GroupOverride - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_HorizontalZoom - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_ItemMixBehavior - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_Lock - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_Loop - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_LoopGran - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_MasterAutomode - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_MasterFXByp - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_MasterMuteSolo - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_MasterNChans - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_MasterPanMode - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_MasterSel - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_MasterTrackColor - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_MasterTrackHeight - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_MasterTrackView - didn't return the new values added in recent Reaper-versions -> fixed and stabilized
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_MasterTrackView - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_MasterVolume - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_MasterWidth - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly; didn't return 1 in case of +100 width -> fixed
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_MaxProjectLength - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_MixerUIFlags - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_PanLaw - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_PanMode - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly

Old 01-20-2020, 04:24 PM   #27
Meo-Ada Mespotine

• ProjectManagement: GetProject_PeakGain - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_Playrate - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_ProjOffsets - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_RecMode - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_RenderDitherState - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly; updated docs with new options like embed stretch markers
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_RenderFreqNChans - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_RenderRange - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_RenderResample - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_RenderSpeed - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_RenderStems - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly; updated docs with new rendering selected tracks/media through master-options
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_RippleState - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_SMPTESync - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_SampleRate - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_Selection - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_TakeLane - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_Tempo - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_TempoTimeSignature - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_TimeBase - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_Timemode - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_TrackMixingDepth - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_UseRecConfig - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_VerticalZoom - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: GetProject_VideoConfig - simplified implementation, future values added by Reaper-devs will now be returned properly
  • ProjectManagement: SetProject_RenderDitherState - updated docs with new options like embed stretch markers
  • ProjectManagement: SetProject_RenderStems - updated docs with new rendering selected tracks/media through master-options
  • Reaper Internals: render-codes-decoded-base64-strings.txt - added new settings for AIFF
  • Render Management: CreateRenderCFG_AIFF - added Embed Beat Length-checkbox, as included with Reaper 6
  • Render Management: CreateNewRenderTable - added new "Embed stretch markers/transient guides"-settings as of Reaper 6; CloseAfterRender wasn't accepted as boolean -> fixed
  • Render Management: GetRenderCFG_Settings_AIFF - returns Embed Beat Length-checkbox, as included with Reaper 6
  • Render Management: GetRenderTable_Project - supports now "Embed stretch markers/transient guides"-settings as of Reaper 6
  • Render Management: GetRenderTable_ProjectFile - supports now "Embed stretch markers/transient guides"-settings as of Reaper 6
  • Render Management: GetRenderPreset_RenderTable - reimplemented due changed reaper-render.ini-format in Reaper 6, should be more stable now
  • Render Management: IsValidRenderTable - checks now as well new "Embed stretch markers/transient guides"-settings as of Reaper 6
  • TakeManagement: GetFXStateChunk - parameter TakeFXChain_id wasn't optional due typo -> fixed(thanks to XRaym)
  • TakeManagement: SetFXStateChunk - docs were unclear, that only setting NOT inserting is possible; could crash, if no FXStateChunk for setting could be found -> fixed(thanks to XRaym)
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackPeakColorState - improved implementation, it returns now new values as well, who are added by the Reaper-devs and aren't documented yet
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackBeatState - improved implementation, it returns now new values as well, who are added by the Reaper-devs and aren't documented yet
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackAutoRecArmState - improved implementation, it returns now new values as well, who are added by the Reaper-devs and aren't documented yet
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackMuteSoloState - improved implementation, it returns now new values as well, who are added by the Reaper-devs and aren't documented yet
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackIPhaseState - improved implementation, it returns now new values as well, who are added by the Reaper-devs and aren't documented yet
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackIsBusState - improved implementation, it returns now new values as well, who are added by the Reaper-devs and aren't documented yet
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackBusCompState - improved implementation, it returns now new values as well, who are added by the Reaper-devs and aren't documented yet
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackShowInMixState - improved implementation, it returns now new values as well, who are added by the Reaper-devs and aren't documented yet
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackFreeModeState - improved implementation, it returns now new values as well, who are added by the Reaper-devs and aren't documented yet
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackRecState - improved implementation, it returns now new values as well, who are added by the Reaper-devs and aren't documented yet
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackVUState - improved implementation, it returns now new values as well, who are added by the Reaper-devs and aren't documented yet
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackHeightState - improved implementation, it returns now new values as well, who are added by the Reaper-devs and aren't documented yet
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackINQState - improved implementation, it returns now new values as well, who are added by the Reaper-devs and aren't documented yet
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackNChansState - improved implementation, it returns now new values as well, who are added by the Reaper-devs and aren't documented yet
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackBypFXState - improved implementation, it returns now new values as well, who are added by the Reaper-devs and aren't documented yet
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackPerfState - improved implementation, it returns now new values as well, who are added by the Reaper-devs and aren't documented yet
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackMIDIOutState - improved implementation, it returns now new values as well, who are added by the Reaper-devs and aren't documented yet
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackMainSendState - improved implementation, it returns now new values as well, who are added by the Reaper-devs and aren't documented yet
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackLockState - improved implementation, it returns now new values as well, who are added by the Reaper-devs and aren't documented yet
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackAutomodeState - improved implementation, it returns now new values as well, who are added by the Reaper-devs and aren't documented yet
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackMidiCTL - improved implementation, it returns now new values as well, who are added by the Reaper-devs and aren't documented yet
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackWidth - improved implementation, it returns now new values as well, who are added by the Reaper-devs and aren't documented yet
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackPanMode - improved implementation, it returns now new values as well, who are added by the Reaper-devs and aren't documented yet
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackScore - improved implementation, it returns now new values as well, who are added by the Reaper-devs and aren't documented yet
  • TrackManagement: GetTrackVolPan - improved implementation, it returns now new values as well, who are added by the Reaper-devs and aren't documented yet
  • User Interface: GetReaperWindowPosition_Left - removed
  • User Interface: GetReaperWindowPosition_Right - removed
  • User Interface: GetItem_ClickState - remembers now the dragged item+take, even if mouse-cursor is not above it anymore

You can get the latest pre-release at: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ul...ease_index.xml

Old 01-25-2020, 09:43 AM   #28
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Build: 42927.00 from 25th of January 2020

New features in 4.00beta2.9
  • FXManagement: GetAllRFXChainfiles - returns all RFXChainfiles currently available in ResourcePath/FXChains
  • FXManagement: GetRecentFX - returns the recent fx-list
  • FXManagement: LoadFXStateChunkFromRFXChainFile - loads an FXStateChunk from an RFXChain-file
  • FXManagement: SaveFXStateChunkAsRFXChainfile - writes an FXStateChunk from an RFXChain-file
  • Project Management: GetRecentProjects - gets the last x recent projectfilenames, as listed in the recent projects-menu
  • Scripts: US_Api_Examples_Working_with_FXStateChunks_and_Med iaItems.lua - example of working with FXChainStateChunks
Changes from Beta 2.8 to Beta 2.9
  • FileManagement: GetAllFilenamesInPath - returns now the paths with / as separator only
  • FileManagement: WriteValueToFile - produced Lua-error when passing a nil-value as filename[cur]with[/cur]path -> fixed
  • FXManagement: GetFXStateChunk - counted FXStateChunks, not Takes by parameter TakeFXChain_id -> fixed
  • FXManagement: RemoveFXStateChunkFromItemStateChunk - counted FXStateChunks, not Takes by parameter take_id -> fixed
  • FXManagement: SetFXStateChunk - counted FXStateChunks, not Takes by parameter TakeFXChain_id -> fixed

Old 01-28-2020, 10:30 AM   #29
Meo-Ada Mespotine

New features in 4.00beta2.9
  • API: StuffMidiMessage-AllMessages_Englisch_Windows.ini - contains all names for all potential StuffMIDIMessage-messages
  • FXManagement: GetRecentFX - returns the recent fx-list
  • KB.ini-Management: QueryKeyboardShortcutByKeyID - returns the actual shortcutname as stpred by the modifier-key-values in reaper-kb.ini's KEY-entries
  • MIDI-Management: QueryMIDIMessageNameByID - returns the midi-message-name of a midi-message as sendable using StuffMIDIMessage
  • Project Management: GetRecentProjects - gets the last x recent projectfilenames, as listed in the recent projects-menu

Changes from Beta 2.8 to Beta 2.9
  • ConfigurationManagement: GetIniFileValue - checks now, if the ini-file exists in the first place
  • FileManagement: GetAllFilenamesInPath - returns now the paths with / as separator only
  • FileManagement: WriteValueToFile - produced Lua-error when passing a nil-value as filename[cur]with[/cur]path -> fixed
  • Marker Management: AddCustomMarker - returns now the indexnumber and guid of the newly added marker as well
  • Marker Management: AddEditMarker - returns now the guid of the marker; did not return the correct marker-id, but rather the shown id; did not add a : after _edit -> fixed
  • Marker Management: AddEditRegion - returns now the guid of the region; did not return the correct marker-id, but rather the shown id -> fixed
  • Marker Management: AddNormalMarker - returns now the guid of the marker; did not return the correct marker-id, but rather the shown id -> fixed
  • Marker Management: AddPodRangeRegion - returns now the guid of the region; did not return the correct marker-id, but rather the shown id -> fixed
  • Marker Management: EnumerateCustomMarkers - returns now the guid of the marker as well
  • Marker Management: EnumerateEditMarkers - returns now the guid of the marker as well
  • Marker Management: EnumerateEditRegion - returns now the guid of the region as well
  • Marker Management: EnumerateNormalMarkers - returns now the guid of the marker as well
  • Marker Management: GetAllCustomMarkers - returns now the guid of the marker as well
  • Marker Management: GetAllEditMarkers - returns now the guid of the editmarkers as well
  • Marker Management: GetAllMarkersBetween - returns now the guid of the markers as well
  • Marker Management: GetAllNormalMarkers - returns now the guid of the markers as well
  • Marker Management: GetAllRegions - returns now the guid of the regions as well
  • Marker Management: GetAllRegionsBetween - returns now the guid of the regions as well
  • Marker Management: GetMarkerByName - returns now an array of guids as well; returned marker-numbers weren't useable with Reaper's own marker-functions due off by 1-error -> fixed
  • Marker Management: GetMarkerByName_Pattern - returns now an array of guids as well; returned marker-numbers weren't useable with Reaper's own marker-functions due off by 1-error -> fixed
  • Marker Management: GetMarkerAndRegionsByIndex - returns now the guid of the found marker as well
  • Marker Management: GetPodRangeRegion - returns now the guid of the podrangeregion as well

Old 01-29-2020, 09:30 AM   #30
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Build: 42974

Additions:
  • Envelope Management: GetEnvelopeState_Act - returns the values of the ACT-entry of a TrackEnvelope/EnvelopeStateChunk
  • Envelope Management: GetEnvelopeState_DefShape - returns the values of the DEFSHAPE-entry of a TrackEnvelope/EnvelopeStateChunk
  • Envelope Management: GetEnvelopeState_LaneHeight - returns the values of the LANEHEIGHT-entry of a TrackEnvelope/EnvelopeStateChunk
  • Envelope Management: GetEnvelopeState_NumbersOnly - returns all values of a parameter from an EnvelopeStateChunk, including the undocumented ones when the devs add them
  • Envelope Management: GetEnvelopeState_Vis - returns the values of the VIS-entry of a TrackEnvelope/EnvelopeStateChunk
  • Envelope Management: GetEnvelopeState_PooledEnvInstance - returns the attributes of an automation-item within an EnvelopeStateChunk, including the undocumented ones when the devs add them
  • Envelope Management: GetEnvelopeState_PT - returns the attributes of an envelope-point within an EnvelopeStateChunk, including the undocumented ones when the devs add them
  • Project Bay: IsValidProjectBayStateChunk - checks, if a ProjectBayStateChunk is a valid one
  • Project Bay: GetAllMediaItems_FromProjectBayStateChunk - returns all items from a ProjectBayStateChunk as MediaItemStateChunkArray
  • Themeing: GetAllThemeLayoutNames - returns all layout-names and values of the current theme
  • Themeing: GetAllThemeLayoutParameters - returns all theme-layout-parameter attributes of the current theme
  • User Interface: GetHelpDisplayMode - returns the current help-display-mode
  • User Interface: SetHelpDisplayMode - sets the current help-display-mode
  • User Interface: WiringDiagram_GetOptions - gets the current wiring-diagram-options
  • User Interface: WiringDiagram_SetOptions - sets the wiring-diagram-options
Changes:
  • Docs: ConfigVars - corrected parameters for wiring_options
  • Envelope Management: GetArmState_Envelope - reimplemented, should now return future parameters as well, when added by the Reaper-devs
  • Marker Management: GetMarkerByScreenCoordinates - retina will now be automatically set; parameter retina removed(please update your scripts!)
  • Marker Management: GetMarkerByTime - retina will now be automatically set; parameter retina removed(please update your scripts!)
  • Marker Management: GetRegionByScreenCoordinates - retina will now be automatically set; parameter retina removed(please update your scripts!)
  • Marker Management: GetRegionByTime - retina will now be automatically set; parameter retina removed(please update your scripts!)
  • Marker Management: GetTimesignaturesByScreenCoordinates - retina will now be automatically set; parameter retina removed(please update your scripts!)
  • Marker Management: GetTimeSignaturesByTime - retina will now be automatically set; parameter retina removed(please update your scripts!)
  • ParmAlias: GetParmAlias_MediaTrack - had wrong functionname in error-messages -> fixed
  • ParmAlias: Docs - all functions ParmLearn-function in the docs move to proper subchapters for clearer index-navigation
  • Track Management: GetTrackState_NumbersOnly - had wrong description in the docs -> fixed

Old 02-02-2020, 09:24 AM   #31
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Build: 42983

Support for secondary render-format, as currently only available via pre-releases of Reaper

Additions:
  • File Management: MoveFileOrFolder - moves a file or folder from its old path to a new path
  • Image Handling: CaptureScreenAreaAsPNG - captures a screenarea and writes it as png-file(written by edgemeal, big thanks for that!)
  • Image Handling: CaptureWindowAsPNG - captures a window-area and writes it as a png-file(written by edgemeal, big thanks for that!)
  • Image Handling: ResizePNG - resizes a png-file into a new file
  • Rendering: Render_Loop - renders a part of a project for later use as loop; supports also the creation of "wetloops" like ones with reverb(requested by musicbynumbers)
Changes:
  • GFX: GFX_Init - when x and/or y position are set to nil, the window will be centered now horizontally or vertically
  • Marker Management: GetTimeSignaturesByScreenCoordinates - had typo in functionname, which I corrected(old scripts will still run)
  • Project Management: GetProject_RenderCFG - returns now the render-cfg-string for the secondary renderformat as well
  • Project Management: SetProject_RenderCFG - allows now setting of secondary render-format as well; backwards compatible with old scripts, who set only primary rendering format in ProjectStateChunks
  • Rendering: AddRenderPreset - allows now adding the render-cfg-string for secondary renderformat as well; had inner variable exposed -> fixed
  • Rendering: ApplyRenderTable_Project - allows now setting the render-cfg-string for secondary renderformat as well
  • Rendering: CreateNewRenderTable - allows now adding the render-cfg-string for secondary renderformat as well
  • Rendering: DeleteRenderPreset_FormatOptions - deletes now the render-cfg-string for secondary renderformat, if existing
  • Rendering: GetRenderPreset_RenderTable - returns now possible render-cfg-string for secondary renderformat as well; some error-messages didn't work -> fixed
  • Rendering: GetRenderTable_Project - returns now a render-cfg-string for secondary renderformat
  • Rendering: GetRenderTable_ProjectFile - returns now a render-cfg-string for secondary renderformat
  • Rendering: IsValidRenderTable - checks now for the render-cfg-string for secondary renderformat as well
  • Rendering: RenderProject - allows now setting the render-cfg-string for secondary renderformat as well; checks now, if projectfilename is a valid project
  • Rendering: RenderProject_RenderTable - allows now setting the render-cfg-string for secondary renderformat as well; checks now, if projectfilename is a valid project
  • Rendering: SetRenderPreset - allows now setting the render-cfg-string for secondary renderformat as well; set RenderString2="" to remove the secondary renderformat

You can get the lates pre-release from: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ul...ease_index.xml

Last edited by Meo-Ada Mespotine; 02-02-2020 at 09:29 AM.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:41 AM   #32
TonE

Not sure who or what mespotine is, are you a studio owner? But I liked this video, did not listen to all videos in your homepage yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPu0IAbBAiE
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 10:59 AM   #33
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Yes, this is an old podcast I made years ago.

You can find more of them at this address:
https://mespotin.uber.space/Mespotin...tine-sessions/

And I'm not a studio-owner, rather working with the lowest budgeted stuff to make as great recordings as possible.
At least I did a few years ago, but I had to stop it due personal reasons.

Old 04-11-2020, 08:54 AM   #34
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Default DELETE AUTOMATION ITEMS NOW POSSIBLE!

You can delete AutomationItems now!

Build: 43025

• Web Interface: WebInterface_GetInstalledInterfaces - returns all installed webinterfaces(webrc) of the current Reaper installation, custom and Reaper-defaults

Additions:
  • Automation Items: AutomationItems_GetAll - returns all automation-items of the current project
  • Automation Items: AutomationItem_Delete - deletes an automation-item, including the option of retaining the envelope-points
  • Envelopes: GetAllTakeEnvelopes - returns all TakeEnvelopes in the current project
  • Envelopes: GetAllTrackEnvelopes - returns all TrackEnvelopes in the current project
  • MediaItems: MediaItems_Outtakes_AddSelectedItems - adds selected items into the outtakes-vault; this allows you to store outtakes of recordings easily
  • MediaItems: MediaItems_Outtakes_GetAllItems - gets all outtakes-items stored in the outtakes-vault
  • MediaItems: MediaItems_Outtakes_InsertAllItems - inserts all outtakes-items stored in the outtakes-vault into a project
  • ProjectManagement: IsTimeSelectionActive - returns, if there's a time-selection

Changes:
  • DeveloperTools: ultraschall[cur]Add[/cur]Developertools[cur]To[/cur]Reaper.lua - weren't installed using this action -> fixed
  • Docs: Routing[cur]001[/cur]Introduction - corrected typo
  • Docs: ShowMenu - falsely claimed, that y-coordinates on Mac are buggy because they are reversed -> corrected
  • MediaItems: GetAllSelectedMediaItems - returns now an MediaItemStateChunkArray as well
  • MediaItems: IsValidMediaItemStateChunkArray - didn't always return true, when MediaItemStateChunkArrays were passed over it -> fixed
  • Ultraschall: IsTrackSoundboard - had inner variable exposed -> fixed
  • Ultraschall: IsTrackStudioLink - had inner variable exposed -> fixed
  • Ultraschall: IsTrackStudioLinkOnAir - had inner variable exposed -> fixed

You can get the lates pre-release from:

Old 04-26-2020, 07:41 PM   #35
lexaproductions

Hey Mespotine,
Concerning the State Inspector,
If save a list containing gmems, I can't reopen that list. Getting this error:

Code:
.../ultraschall_developertool_StateInspector.lua:495: attempt to concatenate a nil value (field '?')
It's been like that for a while. I have the version 2.2 24.10.2019
lexaproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 05:26 AM   #36
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Oops, will fix it asap. Thanks.

Old 11-14-2020, 05:11 PM   #37
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Ok, I reactivate the pre-release-thread for this one:

# New features in 4.1.008
- ConfigFile Management: KBIniGetAllShortcuts - returns all shortcuts of the currently running Reaper-instance as a handy table
- Helper functions: CharacterCodes_ReverseLookup - converts the StuffMIDIMessage-bytes(with parameter mode=1) into their character-representation
- Helper functions: CharacterCodes_ReverseLookup_KBIni - converts the first two bytes of the KEY-entries in reaper-kb.ini into their character-representation

You can get the latest pre-release from: