Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 01-13-2019, 10:46 PM   #1
Rednroll
Human being with feelings

Default Behringer X-Touch One, how's it working?

About a month ago I was shopping around for a compact control surface with transport and channel/fader controls. It came down to the Presonus Faderport or the Behringer X-touch One. I decided to go with the X-touch One. I actually preferred the button layout of the Fader port V1 over the V2 model since the transport buttons were more of an old school transport layout which I'm more used to.

The Behringer X-Touch one had the button layout which I preferred as well, and decided to roll with that instead.....at least I thought. My B-Day was near and my wife asked me what I wanted and I told her the X-Touch One and that the best price I saw was on Amazon for $150 but they were currently out of stock, but you could still purchase at that price, and it would ship when stock came in. I was in no real hurry, so I told her to go ahead and purchase it anyways and she did. A couple weeks ago, Amazon sent her a note that they still didn't receive stock and cancelled her order since they were unsure of when it would become available.

So anyways, I shopped around at other retailers and it's looking like new inventory of the X-Touch One is currently on back order until around February/March.

Anyways, I guess this gives me some time to decide if I should change my mind or not.

Who currently has an X-touch One, and how's it currently working with Reaper and other Daws you may use?

Any additional tips on setting it up?
Rednroll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 11:09 AM   #2
mschnell

Take a look at the posts in the "Control Surfaces" subforum.
-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:29 PM   #3
Rednroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Take a look at the posts in the "Control Surfaces" subforum.
-Michael
Did that already. I actually thought/intended to post this in the Control Surface sub forum. Anyways, was way too much time spent reading and searching for user experience answers to simple questions. I guess I could always try Google instead.

Last edited by Rednroll; 01-15-2019 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:37 AM   #4
LugNut

Hi,
I would check to see the resolution of the faders. If its 0-127..no go. Otherwise you'll eventually encounter zipper noise.
LugNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:15 PM   #5
Rednroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugNut View Post
Hi,
I would check to see the resolution of the faders. If its 0-127..no go. Otherwise you'll eventually encounter zipper noise.
I don't know the exact resolution of X-Touch One's fader but according to this guy's review when comparing them both, The X-Touch One's Fader seems to work smoother and reacts faster than the Presonus Faderport V2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOVjN9m269w

Last edited by Rednroll; 01-21-2019 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:38 PM   #6
mschnell

In Mackie protocol, transferring more than 7 bit is mandatory, which of course does not mean the hardware really provides this. Should be easy enough to check with a Midi Log (e.g. ReaContrlMidi).

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote