Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 08-07-2019, 05:01 PM   #1
thevisi0nary
Human being with feelings

Default Change action "profiles" for the numpad on the fly?

Basically what I would like to have a set of actions on the numpad (all for one specific editing situation), and then very easily /quickly switch to a different set of numpad actions (for a different editing situation).

Not looking to use cycle actions in this situation.

Edit: It seems as if I misunderstood the nature of cycle actions. So using the toggle, you are able to cycle through action "states"? Meaning cycle the current action state for several keys?

Last edited by thevisi0nary; 08-07-2019 at 05:19 PM.
thevisi0nary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 05:53 AM   #2
Philbo King
Human being with feelings

You might be able to do it if you can find an action like 'inport action list', and save multiple setups in separate files. I don't think cycle actions are going to help here.

It's likely you'd need a .lua script to make this work.

If it was a Midi controller, you could assign each setup to separate midi channels. For example:
Tracking task: All buttons/controls on midi channel 1, assigned to actions used for tracking.
Mastering task: The same buttons/controls, but sent on midi channel 2, assigned to different actions you use for mastering.
There are 16 midi channels, so you could have 14 more task-setups.

Changing tasks would just be a matter of changing which midi channel the controller sends. If your memory is as bad as mine, you'd probably need some sort of overlay template to remind you which button does what...