Old 08-09-2013, 05:26 AM   #1
kmaaj
Human being with feelings

Default RME Fireface UC

I promised a report in another thread, but that thread belonged to someone else and I did not want to hijack it anymore.

I installed the drivers while the unit was en route. When I got my Fireface, I plugged it in, opened up Reaper, clicked on preferences, and there it was. Just like that. I do not remember getting my interface to talk to the DAW being that easy with the Scarlett or the Audiobox. Maybe it's just that I have a bit more experience now, but I was very happy that I did not have to jump through any hoops to get Reaper and the Fireface to work together.

Navigating the unit was a little daunting at first. After all, I have been used to simply reaching for volume knobs. Once I figured out the single knob's push functions and got the basics of Totalmix, I armed a track and strummed a few chords and fingerpicked some stuff just to make sure the thing worked. I have not done any serious recording yet, but the pre's are very quiet, even with the gain pushed. Going to work it out some more in the coming days just so my son and I can get a feel for it, and then later this month it will go live inside an old stone church for a couple of all night recording sessions. I'm really looking forward to using the Digicheck to help position the mics.

It looks like that for this session, Reaper will be not much more than a recorder and an editor. But that was my goal all along.
kmaaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:52 AM   #2
mabian

Yup, UC is awesome and REAPER works pretty well with it.

- Mario
mabian is offline   Reply With Quote