Old 08-10-2016, 02:40 AM   #1
blommberg
Human being with feelings

Default ReaSamplomatic - how to save a Sound

Best way to save a ready-made ReaSamplomatic Soundpreset (including the .wavs)?
I would think as >track preset<.
What do you propose?
Old 08-10-2016, 03:16 AM   #2
vanhaze

I don't think you can in any way save a ReaSamplomatic preset with it's used wav samples "embedded" in a preset.

As long as you don't move the wav samples that your ReaSamplomatic presets are built of,
you can simply save a preset within ReaSamplomatic itself.

Next time you load ReaSamplomatic, the selfmade presets will be available in it's preset list
and they will load just fine with their used samples.
vanhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 06:22 AM   #3
Arnar

I think this needs to be addressed , I would like to be able to save my Presets with their sound in a fixed location. Just moving your sample library and all the banks are lost.
Arnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 10:18 AM   #4
Tod

You can save them as a Track Template.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 10:22 AM   #5
slipstick

Why do you need to move your sample library? From my point of view leaving it in place is a far better solution than keeping multiple separate copies of each sample that you use.

Steve
slipstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 10:41 AM   #6
Arnar

If I move my library my tunes will do a search and find the new location, not so with Samplomatic.

What is different about saving them as a track template ?
Arnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 08:59 PM   #7
Tacket

Necro post here, but didn't see that this question had been updated, nor could I find a new answer to the same question.

I'm having students create a ReaSamplOmatic5000 instrument using "found percussion" from around their homes. I would like for them to then turn said instrument in to me for grading, but of course the samples don't travel with the project/instrument automatically.

Would the best solution be for students to have the folders of their assets in their session folder, then zip the whole thing up and send off to me?

Thanks in advance for any insight!
Tacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 12:42 AM   #8
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacket View Post
Would the best solution be for students to have the folders of their assets in their session folder, then zip the whole thing up and send off to me?
What a neat idea Tacket, and yeah, everything in one folder, that way you would have their whole projects.

How old are your students? This could be very challenging as well as a great learning experience.
Old 02-28-2022, 10:48 PM   #9
Tacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
What a neat idea Tacket, and yeah, everything in one folder, that way you would have their whole projects.

How old are your students? This could be very challenging as well as a great learning experience.
I teach a college course called "Percussion for Composers" at a university for interactive media (i.e. Video Game Production) called DigiPen. I also teach other music and sound design courses more closely related to game development, but as a trained percussionist, I also like teaching the students how to make better sounding virtual percussion tracks and how to properly write for percussion as a whole.
Tacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 12:13 PM   #10
Tod

Quote:
I teach a college course called "Percussion for Composers" at a university for interactive media (i.e. Video Game Production) called DigiPen. I also teach other music and sound design courses more closely related to game development, but as a trained percussionist, I also like teaching the students how to make better sounding virtual percussion tracks and how to properly write for percussion as a whole.
Sounds very interesting Tacket, and you seem to enjoy it very much.
Old 03-02-2022, 03:54 AM   #11
airon

Quote:
Necro post here, but didn't see that this question had been updated, nor could I find a new answer to the same question.

I'm having students create a ReaSamplOmatic5000 instrument using "found percussion" from around their homes. I would like for them to then turn said instrument in to me for grading, but of course the samples don't travel with the project/instrument automatically.

Thanks in advance for any insight!
The students need to use the "Save As" function in the file menu. Pick a location, check the "Create subdirectory for project" for good measure to keep things neat.

Most importantly, check "Copy all media into project directory, using:".

This will create a "samples" folder inside the project folder, which then contains the RS5k samples. ZIP (or RAR for far better and faster compression that everyone can unpack) the resulting project folder up and hand that in. You're done.

I verified this using Reaper v6.49 x64 on Windows 10.

Last edited by airon; 03-02-2022 at 04:32 AM.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 10:23 PM   #12
mdkb

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
The students need to use the "Save As" function in the file menu. Pick a location, check the "Create subdirectory for project" for good measure to keep things neat.

Most importantly, check "Copy all media into project directory, using:".

This will create a "samples" folder inside the project folder, which then contains the RS5k samples. ZIP (or RAR for far better and faster compression that everyone can unpack) the resulting project folder up and hand that in. You're done.

I verified this using Reaper v6.49 x64 on Windows 10.
Just a mention that this doesnt work if you are NOT creating a new subdirectory for the project (Windows 10 Reaper 6.57).

I have all my media set to save to \Media folder under the project but Reasamplomatic does not save the samples there when I check "copy all media into project directory". This only works if I "create subdirectory", which is not something I want to do as I am not exporting this for class, I am working on this daily on the same PC in the same folder.

I have not yet found a way to get Reasamplomatic to save samples to the local project folder so I am still manually transfering them there. If anyone knows a solution that would be fantastic.
Reaper 7.11 (portable full install), Windows 10 pro, AMD Ryzen 7 5700X, 32GB RAM, SSD PCIe (C drive), SSD 2.5in (Music), Komplete 11 Ultimate, EastWest Silver, Albion One, Cinematic Strings, Ample Sound AC12/ACG, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Rokit KRK 5, Senheisser EH-150.
mdkb is offline   Reply With Quote