Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 04-13-2019, 03:15 PM   #1
babag
Human being with feelings

Default project posted per Justin request

https://stash.reaper.fm/manage_file/...for_upload.zip

This is a project I'm having a lot of trouble with on Reaper for Linux. Works fine on W10.

System is Kubuntu 18.04
SSD 1TB
32GB Memory
Intel Core i7 4930K CPU @3.4GHz

Project has only Cockoc/JS plugins but hangs on playback. Originally, it did not open but maybe a Kubuntu update helped with that. Completely unusable on this system, though, because of the hanging.

thanks,
BabaG
babag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 09:00 PM   #2
Justin
Administrator

I've loaded this on my Linux laptop, and it seems OK. Can you also post your reaper.ini? Thanks!

Since I don't have your media -- can you try loading it with the media unavailable to see if that changes anything?

I'm also missing a few JSFX that you use, hmm.

What block size and samplerate is being used?

Also do you have any plugins in your UserPlugins/ folder (e.g. sws)? Can you try removing them to see if it helps anything?
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:08 AM   #3
babag

i may have found something: reasurround.

per your suggestions, i moved all of the media so the project couldn't find it. behavior persisted. to clarify on that, the project has been loading. it didn't used to so i'd attribute that change to some linux update. the project refuses to play, though. more correctly, it tries to play but so haltingly that it appears frozen. nothing moves for many seconds, maybe 30-60. then the cursor jumps and freezes again.

looking into things you'd mentioned, i began going through the project bay's list of fx and closing/reopening the project, each time removing a line from the used plugins list and then trying to play.

each time i removed a plugin the playback behavior was the same, frozen, until i got to reasurround. on removing reasurround the project does play. i moved the media back so the project could find it and it still played. it even plays the associated video file.

seeing this, i tried the original version of this project. the original version has one third-party vst, voxengo's oldskoolverb. the project played with that in place as well, as long as i remove reasurround.

sound like something? will post the ini soon.

thanks,
babag
Old 04-14-2019, 11:31 AM   #4
babag

just sent reaper.ini to support@cockos.com

thx,
babag