Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 04-12-2019, 06:55 AM   #1
theMuzzl3
Human being with feelings

Default Best Solution for routing/recording audio from browser -> REAPER -> OBS

I'm basically looking for the best (simple to configure but allowing various routing options) for running this set up [on Windows 10, with Realtek speakers as my final output for listening]:

~audio from my browser(s) -- (no ASIO support, preferably from separate windows or browsers as separate audio lines)

-->goes into REAPER, as separate lines of audio (also allowing a separate line from my webcam mic, or other audio sources)

*each channel can be recorded separately or have monitor on/off, etc

-->each channel then is routed from REAPER to OBS, and I live stream
-I would prefer to do this with ASIO4ALL drivers, as it lowers CPU usage and maximizes audio quality

*I'd like to eventually bring Ableton with ReWIRE into the mix.

The idea is that I am restreaming other peoples' live streams, through effects, as I record in REAPER and live stream while they are live. I'd like to be able to do it for multiple live streams at one time (and have them as separate audio channels).

I've been looking for solutions, because my secondary computer's 8th inch audio line out went bad (2 weeks ago). I was using a simple USB external audio card with 1 RCA in & 1 out, and an 8th inch from secondary laptop to RCA in... and then using my standard (headphones) output to listen to REAPER and (if needed) OBS with Monitor activated.

I've seen stuff about ReWIRE, and am unsure if it can do what I want. Advice on that?

I was going to set up VoicemeeterProSetup (banana) and VBCable, and I installed them but did not configure them; but it can't work with ASIO drivers.

So, I searched for more solutions and found:

SynchronousAudioRouter_x64_0_13_1
http://sar.audio

Which, supposedly, can work with ASIO4ALL.

I installed both, and I set up SynchronousAudioRouter... but it ended up crashing REAPER; and so I uninstalled it (now REAPER opens and runs fine). I may try resinstalling it after uninstalling VoiceMeeter and VBCable, and possibly reinstalling ASIO4ALL.
theMuzzl3 is offline   Reply With Quote