Old 04-01-2019, 02:05 AM   #5881
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodslanding View Post
Well, some of each...

I'd like identical strips for each channel. I thought most strips were set up to work on a particular channel... The controls in the strip have to tell Reaper which channel they are addressing... how do they do that?
Strips themselves are tied to a track - however - controls which are affecting parameters related to different tracks can be added to any track. This information is held internally for each control and automatically updates when tracks/fx positions move.

Quote:
But I'd also like some controls that target the selected track, which is also an option, correct?
For some parameters yes.

On page 3 of CTL OPTIONS in EDIT mode - there is a target selected track tick box.

For track parameters simply check this box and the controls will control whatever track is selected.

This also works for FX parameters - Where it will target the FX slot and parameter number for the FX on the selected track. So this works well when you have the same plugin chain for each track. If you have a different plugin chain - it will target whatever FX and parameter number is in the location the control was originally tied to.

Quote:
Writing a script that acts on the selected track is easy, you can always get that from Reaper.... but for channel-specific controls, only the control is going to know which track it addresses, right?

My specific use case is a control that switches a track between traditional keyboard input and the roli seaboard. I bring both in to a given track through midi busses, so I can do controller-specific processing (vel scaling, cc mapping etc.) on a dedicated midi input track before sending to instrument tracks.

When the button is pressed, it removes the old midi receive and adds the new one. Then it needs to set a parameter in a custom JSFX I wrote that converts between MPE and normal midi. The purpose is to be able to control a vst on a track from either a keyboard or the roli, just by flipping a switch. I want one of these switches on each vsti channel, so I can easily assign each instrument to either controller. The script works, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to control it from a switch.

Some controls, like roli/kbd in, volume, fxsend, octave switch, etc need to be on every track. Partly so I can adjust values on several tracks without changing the track selection, but also so I can just see at a glance what's going on with all the tracks.

But I also want many of the controls in an inspector that targets the selected track as well, because I want to tie my encoder box to those controls. The behringer has 8 encoders and 24 switches, and I have plans for all 32 in the inspector....

I keep going back and forth between trying to figure out if I can do what I need to in stripper, and feeling like I should just figure out how to get images working in Lokasenna's gui toolkit and build it from the ground up. Both learning curves are feeling like a bit much right now.... but I don't want to give up. I'm building up a set of scripts that do what I want, I just have to figure out how to control them.
Sounds like you need to use a state control in Stripper to specify whether you want keyboard or roli input - and then trigger an external script (via Action Trigger) to build the necessary sends to the selected track. You may also require a second state control to specify the target (selected) track.

I'm pretty sure this should be possible - using a Macro control to tie together the State control/s and Action Trigger control.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 02:08 AM   #5882
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinknoise View Post
I'm trying to figure out how strip set works. When loading a set the top folder has my Bxlimiter on some of the set I have no idea how I came to set that up where do I change that ?

Some strip set don't load a folder how do I change that too ?
If you save a strip set via the ... menu (which builds the set from all tracks) - or include the MASTER track when selecting tracks to build the set from (when done from TRACKs sidebar) - then the MASTER track will become the top folder in the inserted set tracks.

If the MASTER track is omitted - then you won't get the top parent folder track created.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:12 AM   #5883
lb0

Quote:
Anyone ?

Is there a way to make LBX window resize when changing tracks or when changing views between 1 to 4 ?
Currently I would say not possible. Until recently there was no way of changing a script windows dimensions - but now with Julian's API it should be possible (might be OS dependant). But either way - U've not really experimented much yet with this function.

It would be pretty easy to create a script which searches for the stripper window and alters the dimensions - then you could have action triggers on a strip page which can perform the resize - but it would not be automatic.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:19 AM   #5884
lb0

Quote:
Super easy (I think) FR:

could we get the track receives as destinations, same as the sends?

EDIT:

along the same lines... mute send to master?
heh heh - super easy...?

Well - the way Stripper handles sends is a bit of a PITA. It's easy to keep track of sends when corresponding to send slots, but keeping track of sends depending on the track the send is targetting (as Stripper does) - is really not easy - as adding sends to the track will move the slots around and shuffle the sends depending on target track numbers. Sends do not have GUIDs - so if a send moves - in order to adjust the controls internal data to keep attached to the same send - it needs to try and work it out from target track numbers and channels etc.

Adding the same code for receives is probably entirely possible - but will likely be just as annoying.

I'll look into it when I get a little more time.

Mute send to master (is that the Master/Parent send button?) - if so - this one is pretty straightforward to add.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:27 AM   #5885
lb0

Quote:
Question about cycle buttons and macros.... still trying to figure these out. I feel like I get different results every time I use it, even when I think I've done exactly the same thing I did last time.

If I want a macro that does this:
Code:
Action1: Cycle 0 1 2 3
Action2: Cycle 0 0 1 1
Action3: Cycle 0 1 0 1
Can I do that? How would I set that up?
Not entirely sure I understand fully - what is Action[N]?

Quote:
Also, can someone explain the controls on the macro page? The only one that makes sense is Add Parameters. What is capture A? capture B? Automation?
The 4 buttons? the sliders? The text on the buttons is way too large to read... but it looks like one is INV?

Thanks as always!
Capture A/B captures into A or B position the current values of the controls.

The buttons are:
REL = relative - the value changes relative to it's current position
BI = bi-directional - the value moves both positive and negative around position A.
INV = inverts the value
M = mute parameter.

The sliders show the value for position A and B. So when the control is at 0 (fully counter-clockwise - or left) - the parameter value will be set to the value indicated by slider A.

When fully clockwise/right - the parameter will be set to the value of Slider B.

When the value of the macro control is somewhere in between - then the value of the parameter will be somewhere inbetween slider A value and slider B value (depending on the shape setting).
Old 04-01-2019, 11:13 AM   #5886
woodslanding

Thanks as always for your excellent tech support. I am collecting your answers and putting them in a database. At some point I hope to have some sort of partial manual I can share. I'm sorry that you not only have to write this code, you also have to explain it multiple times! Maybe I can eventually be of some help with that...

All the questions here relate to trying to get a midi-source-select button working in a strip that targets a particular track:

Quote:

Sounds like you need to use a state control in Stripper to specify whether you want keyboard or roli input - and then trigger an external script (via Action Trigger) to build the necessary sends to the selected track. You may also require a second state control to specify the target (selected) track.
Well, I was hoping that I could somehow target the strip's track automatically, rather than the selected track. The -selected- track version of the script is easy and already works, as the script does not need to take a track# as input. And I have it properly adding and deleting receives (although now I'm thinking about just muting them, to keep the recieve slot count and positions from changing....)

But I'm having trouble figuring out how to get the track number from a control on track X into a script that needs to know what X is.... I guess I could have a state control that just sends out a constant, but I would need to set it manually for every track.

Quote:
Action1: Cycle 0 1 2 3
Action2: Cycle 0 0 1 1
Action3: Cycle 0 1 0 1

Can I do that? How would I set that up?
Not entirely sure I understand fully - what is Action[N]?
Well to be specific: Action one is 'set parameter X of jsfx' and sets my jsfx midi-source-type to NONE,KBD,ROLI or BOTH.
Action2 is 'enable roli receive on track'. Action3 is 'enable Kbd receive on track.'

If stripper was able to target recieves, I wouldn't need to get the track number to the script above, (although I feel like I'll be up against the issue again when I'm trying to control fx-send switching on tracks.)

Quote:
I'd like identical strips for each channel. I thought most strips were set up to work on a particular channel... The controls in the strip have to tell Reaper which channel they are addressing... how do they do that?

Strips themselves are tied to a track - however - controls which are affecting parameters related to different tracks can be added to any track. This information is held internally for each control and automatically updates when tracks/fx positions move.
So could I reference the send from the ROLI or the KBD channel in a strip on track X? the destination would be track X, and I'd still need to get that information to the midi source channel somehow....

Quote:
On page 3 of CTL OPTIONS in EDIT mode - there is a target selected track tick box.

For track parameters simply check this box and the controls will control whatever track is selected.

This also works for FX parameters - Where it will target the FX slot and parameter number for the FX on the selected track. So this works well when you have the same plugin chain for each track. If you have a different plugin chain - it will target whatever FX and parameter number is in the location the control was originally tied to.
this will indeed be my situation. So, yes, I'm no longer concerned about anything targeting the selected track. Scripts can do this via state control, and fx parameters are properly supported by stripper.

I guess my feature request boils down to this:
could we have a type of state control that sends the value of the track its strip targets?

Simplest from a user perspective would be to have it available as a second ext state value in addition to the knob position value.... but having either one or the other could work with a macro. Presumabely the section would be the control name, and the key would be the tracknumber. My script could extract the control number to affect the appropriate track and apply the knob value to it.

I have no idea how challenging that programming might be... any easier than supporting receives??

Last edited by woodslanding; 04-01-2019 at 11:19 AM.
woodslanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:19 AM   #5887
woodslanding

Quote:
The buttons are:
REL = relative - the value changes relative to it's current position
BI = bi-directional - the value moves both positive and negative around position A.
The other two are self-explanatory, but I can't really get my head around these two. I'll experiment, maybe I can figure out what they mean in practice. How do you move both positively and negatively?
Old 04-01-2019, 11:26 AM   #5888
woodslanding

Default Inc-Dec buttons?

Wondering if there is a way to target an existing stripper control (or I guess an fx param attached to one) to inc or dec its value by a certain amount?

Seems like something that might be hidden in there already....

I suppose I could write a script for that, although so far I have not been able to get either
Code:
reaper.TrackFX_SetParam(MediaTrack track, integer fx, integer param, number 
val)
or
reaper.TrackFX_GetParam(MediaTrack track, integer fx, integer param)
working properly in a script. I keep getting the same value back, even after changing the control, and setParam isn't changing it. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.... obviously you've figured it out
Old 04-01-2019, 01:07 PM   #5889
woodslanding

Quote:
Super easy (I think) FR:

could we get the track receives as destinations, same as the sends?

EDIT:

along the same lines... mute send to master?
I just thought it would be easy, as you use the same Reaper API call for both, just substituting -1 for 1. But of course nothing is ever as simple as it sounds
Old 04-01-2019, 02:08 PM   #5890
lb0

Quote:
Wondering if there is a way to target an existing stripper control (or I guess an fx param attached to one) to inc or dec its value by a certain amount?

Seems like something that might be hidden in there already....

I suppose I could write a script for that, although so far I have not been able to get either
Code:
reaper.TrackFX_SetParam(MediaTrack track, integer fx, integer param, number 
val)
or
reaper.TrackFX_GetParam(MediaTrack track, integer fx, integer param)
working properly in a script. I keep getting the same value back, even after changing the control, and setParam isn't changing it. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.... obviously you've figured it out
Sounds like you are not receiving both return values - GetParam returns a success/fail flag as well as the parameter value when used from Lua.

So

Code:
retval, value = reaper.TrackFX_GetParam(track, fxnum, param)
will put the parameter value in the value variable.
retval will be 0 or 1 depending on success of function call.

Will try to answer you other questions when I have a little more time.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:10 PM   #5891
woodslanding

Is there a way for a track-specific strip to NOT load plugins?

I'd rather load the plugs myself, and address them by slot...

No biggie either way. But I'm spending a lot of time removing effects, because they are added to the strip every time, and not removed when I delete the strip (because I messed it up somehow) and reload it.

For instance, I just removed 9 effects from a track I'm experimenting with. Now I need to see if I removed the right ones, and the controls address them correctly....

EDIT: Okay, it seems to be connecting with the right effects, so that's good. But even though I put my strips on the master track, they are disappearing when I select a different track. I feel like I've maybe asked this before.... but how do I make them visible regardless of which track is selected? I can't find anything about visibility in my notes.

Last edited by woodslanding; 04-01-2019 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:16 PM   #5892
lb0

Quote:
Is there a way for a track-specific strip to NOT load plugins?

I'd rather load the plugs myself, and address them by slot...

No biggie either way. But I'm spending a lot of time removing effects, because they are added to the strip every time, and not removed when I delete the strip (because I messed it up somehow) and reload it.

For instance, I just removed 9 effects from a track I'm experimenting with. Now I need to see if I removed the right ones, and the controls address them correctly....
Can't remember if I released the latest update yet - but the latest version allows you to hold Alt when dragging in a strip - and will let you attach to existing fx (or create new ones if they don't exist).

If when you drag in and hold Alt - the Add/Replace Strip dialog appears - then this is what you want. If you get the input box asking for target track - then this is the older version.

I cannot remember exactly the state of the latest dev version - it's probably not fully tested yet - but I'll upload it anyway and run away and hide before a barrage of bug reports appear!!

EDIT:

v0.94.0101

You'll need to update your skins folder (either download the CS_resources again or get the AltSkins.zip and unpack in LBXCS_resources/skins/

This one will allow you to hold Alt when dragging in strips - and target the controls are pre-existing fx plugs. In the Add/Replace Strip window - the left hand list shows the fx required by the strip. Click each one - and assign to an fx in the right list. If the FX in the left list say new - then a new fx will be loaded.

Hopefully it's pretty self-explanatory.

This is also the new method of inserting strips and placing plugins on different track to the current selected track. You can either cycle through the tracks using the button on the dialog - or simply click on a track in the TRACKS sidebar when the dialog is open.

Last edited by lb0; 04-01-2019 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:13 PM   #5893
woodslanding

okay, I'll download it then. Nothing I'm doing is anywhere near production yet
Old 04-01-2019, 07:15 PM   #5894
woodslanding

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
will put the parameter value in the value variable.
retval will be 0 or 1 depending on success of function call.

Will try to answer you other questions when I have a little more time.
DOH!

almost certainly correct. I'm just getting used to these multiple returns...
Old 04-02-2019, 06:13 AM   #5895
lb0

Quote:
okay, I'll download it then. Nothing I'm doing is anywhere near production yet
Well - I found a bug :| - after Add/Replace strip dialog has been opened - navigation via the TRACKs sidebar stopped working.

Fixed in 0.94.0102
Old 04-02-2019, 06:20 AM   #5896
lb0

Quote:
EDIT: Okay, it seems to be connecting with the right effects, so that's good. But even though I put my strips on the master track, they are disappearing when I select a different track. I feel like I've maybe asked this before.... but how do I make them visible regardless of which track is selected? I can't find anything about visibility in my notes.
Sounds like you need to disable Follow Selected Track option (either in settings or FLW button at bottom of TRACKs sidebar).

Having this enabled means the shown strip will be the one for the selected track. Disabling this means it won't change your chosen strip when changing track.

Here's one of the basic issues I created when designing Stripper - and it's basically just a naming convention thing. I refer to a strip as the collection of strips associated with a track, as well as a strip being the collection of controls you can drag into a strip (associated with plugins).

D'oh - really confusing having two related but ultimately different constructs being named the same thing...

So I'll try to refer to them as

Track strip = the collection of strips associated with a track

Strip (or strip file) = the collection of controls that you can add to a Track Strip via a saved strip file.
Old 04-02-2019, 06:36 AM   #5897
lb0

Quote:

But I'm having trouble figuring out how to get the track number from a control on track X into a script that needs to know what X is.... I guess I could have a state control that just sends out a constant, but I would need to set it manually for every track.
Currently a state control that sends out a constant is probably the easiest way of doing this. You could set the state control up as a CYCLE control - add as many track numbers as required - then explode the cycle positions out to individual buttons (right-clicking on the cycle value list - Create all radio buttons).

Quote:
Well to be specific: Action one is 'set parameter X of jsfx' and sets my jsfx midi-source-type to NONE,KBD,ROLI or BOTH.
Action2 is 'enable roli receive on track'. Action3 is 'enable Kbd receive on track.'

If stripper was able to target recieves, I wouldn't need to get the track number to the script above, (although I feel like I'll be up against the issue again when I'm trying to control fx-send switching on tracks.)

So could I reference the send from the ROLI or the KBD channel in a strip on track X? the destination would be track X, and I'd still need to get that information to the midi source channel somehow....
Yes - you should be able to add the sends from any track to a Track Strip. In TRACK EDIT mode - between the top list and parameter list in the left sidebar - is a track button which you can cycle through different tracks to get access to the sends coming from those tracks.

Quote:
I guess my feature request boils down to this:
could we have a type of state control that sends the value of the track its strip targets?

Simplest from a user perspective would be to have it available as a second ext state value in addition to the knob position value.... but having either one or the other could work with a macro. Presumabely the section would be the control name, and the key would be the tracknumber. My script could extract the control number to affect the appropriate track and apply the knob value to it.

I have no idea how challenging that programming might be... any easier than supporting receives??
I'll look into supporting receives - but like I said - it's entirely doable - but not necessarily as simple as it sounds due to tracking them.

At the moment - a state control allows setting of a single external state value. There is nothing else to really latch onto regarding any track numbers. Best option is to create as many State Controls as you need and wire them together using a macro control. This can be pretty flexible - but perhaps not as intuitive and easy to discover what needs to be done.

A state control has no track number associated with it - it is not bound to any track. The only controls which are are TRACK and FX parameter controls. A Track strip of course is bound to a track - but this can be overridden in order to get controls attached to plugins and parameters associated with other tracks.

EDIT:

Quick demo of setting up a state control and creating single value radio buttons:

Last edited by lb0; 04-02-2019 at 06:48 AM.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:57 PM   #5898
woodslanding

that's extremely helpful, thanks!

It's awkward to change the track count, but I can live with that... it'll work!
Old 04-05-2019, 11:39 AM   #5899
woodslanding

Okay, I think I'm going to be able to do everything I need to. Still confused by some things, but I think I can figure it out.

One question: The sends are showing destination name (and even dynamically updating [YES!!!]) but the track volume control just says "Track Volume". Is there a way to get the track name, same as the sends?
Old 04-05-2019, 03:16 PM   #5900
lb0

Quote:
Okay, I think I'm going to be able to do everything I need to. Still confused by some things, but I think I can figure it out.

One question: The sends are showing destination name (and even dynamically updating [YES!!!]) but the track volume control just says "Track Volume". Is there a way to get the track name, same as the sends?
Does the TRACK EDIT->Other Controls->Info Control do what you want?

It defaults to track name - and to get it to show the name of a track other than the track strips track - in edit mode - simply change the track button before dragging in the control.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:04 PM   #5901
woodslanding

Quote:
Does the TRACK EDIT->Other Controls->Info Control do what you want?

It defaults to track name - and to get it to show the name of a track other than the track strips track - in edit mode - simply change the track button before dragging in the control.
That does it!! What else can it show? or is that basically it....

Hmm. I'm disappointed that I can't get it to sit on top of the volume control. When I adjust the volume it disappears. I'll mess with it.

Last edited by woodslanding; 04-05-2019 at 10:11 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:30 AM   #5902
lb0

Quote:
That does it!! What else can it show? or is that basically it....

Hmm. I'm disappointed that I can't get it to sit on top of the volume control. When I adjust the volume it disappears. I'll mess with it.
I don't think you'll be able to overlay that one.

You can also get the info control to show fx slots - but currently - that's as far as I've gone with it.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:46 AM   #5903
woodslanding

Quote:

You can also get the info control to show fx slots -
how do you get it to do that? I looked all over for settings for it.

I was hoping I could use an invisible macro fader to control the info control... but when I set the fader as its control, it won't move. I guess because the info part is the value, not the title... that's too bad, I thought I had a hack.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:36 AM   #5904
lb0

Quote:
how do you get it to do that? I looked all over for settings for it.

I was hoping I could use an invisible macro fader to control the info control... but when I set the fader as its control, it won't move. I guess because the info part is the value, not the title... that's too bad, I thought I had a hack.
Right-click (in LIVE mode) to change it's properties. Once set to FX slot - you can right-click again to get fx slot properties.

EDIT: You can use fx slots that are assigned to the same track to reorder fx plugins by dragging between them - and Shift-click to bypass etc. Much like reapers MCP.

Last edited by lb0; 04-06-2019 at 01:49 AM.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:06 AM   #5905
woodslanding

Is this in the newest version? I don't see it in the right click menu in live mode. It's the menu for the info control itself, I assume....

Edit: the info control seems to have the same right-click menu as the background.
Attached Images
File Type: png rightClickMenu.png (6.3 KB, 89 views)
Old 04-06-2019, 07:46 AM   #5906
lb0

Quote:
Is this in the newest version? I don't see it in the right click menu in live mode. It's the menu for the info control itself, I assume....

Edit: the info control seems to have the same right-click menu as the background.
Yes - should show up - are you actually clicking on the control graphics (not any background)? If you make the info control invisible using a transparent control - ensure you're clicking on the actual control...

EDIT:

Ah - ok - maybe on CTL OPTIONS page 3 - you've selected clickthrough (when you were trying to layer it). If clickthrough is set - then you cannot click on a control at all (it's invisible to any clicks).

Last edited by lb0; 04-06-2019 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:21 AM   #5907
woodslanding

I had 'click through' set on it... that did it.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:37 AM   #5908
lb0

Quote:
I had 'click through' set on it... that did it.
Ah cool. Glad it's sorted!

Yeah - clickthrough removes the control entirely from the detection bitmap in LIVE mode (which you can view if you click the Enter key). If I were to add it just to enable the right-click menu - I'd have to add extra code to detect whether the clickthrough checkbox has been set - which I don't really want to do to avoid unnecessary extra code to run (I try to keep LIVE mode as efficient as possible - there's still work to be done here but I'm generally pretty pleased with overall performance thus far).
Old 04-07-2019, 03:42 AM   #5909
Pinknoise

Is there a way to use the same knobs/buttons for 2 different plugins ?
The idea would be to create a multi-comp device for exemple.

Also I wanted to learn about snapshots like I saw in one video I tried finding that back with no luck can someone point me in the right direction ?
Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 10:35 AM   #5910
lb0

Quote:
Is there a way to use the same knobs/buttons for 2 different plugins ?
The idea would be to create a multi-comp device for exemple.

Also I wanted to learn about snapshots like I saw in one video I tried finding that back with no luck can someone point me in the right direction ?
Not really possible to share the same controls between two different plugins. The order of parameters in different plugins will be different - so you'd end up with Threshold (for example) - being mapped correctly for one plugin - and incorrectly for another.

Best bet in this scenario - is to create a compressor strip - which contains several compressors - which you can activate individually. You could use a strip switcher control and have the controls for each compressor on a different page within the strip switcher.

Snapshots are pretty straightforward. Press Shift+S to open the snapshots window. By default - you'd have the PAGE snapshots - which is a snapshot of all controls on the strip page. For more focused control - you can create a snapshot subset - which then you click on the LEARN button to learn controls for the subset. Only those controls learned to the subset will be captured in any snapshots.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:28 PM   #5911
Pinknoise

Thank you I'll toy with this. Also can someone make the gain reduction visible for Mr.Elwood Sky and Mothercomp ?
I asked Mr.Elwood he seems to indicate I need to ask here. Thanks.

Is it just some copy/paste text in JS ? If so maybe I can learn if it's not too complicated.
Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:40 PM   #5912
timbralzoom

trying to add "Render project to disk..." action

if i use "Assign custom action by name"
after Filter and click to name to add:

LBX Stripper.lua:36343: bad argument #1 to 'sub' (string expected, got nil)

if i use "Assign action by command ID" there is no problem.

EDIT:
and the wacky-iest of the year!

is it possible to make this render Snapshots process somehow automatic?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cx...Oab_q5a05_zgze

Last edited by timbralzoom; 04-14-2019 at 12:20 AM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:40 AM   #5913
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
trying to add "Render project to disk..." action

if i use "Assign custom action by name"
after Filter and click to name to add:

LBX Stripper.lua:36343: bad argument #1 to 'sub' (string expected, got nil)

if i use "Assign action by command ID" there is no problem.

EDIT:
and the wacky-iest of the year!

is it possible to make this render Snapshots process somehow automatic?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cx...Oab_q5a05_zgze
Thanks for report - I've fixed it in my dev version - but not quite ready for release.

Until then - please use the other option. In fact - you can double-click on the item in the list (rather than clicking SELECT ACTION button) - and that will work for the time being.

Regarding Auto-Render - I believe there are some brand new API functions and Actions which will allow this to be done automatically. Will look into soon.
Old 04-14-2019, 08:40 AM   #5914
timbralzoom

Quote:
Thanks for report - I've fixed it in my dev version - but not quite ready for release.

Until then - please use the other option. In fact - you can double-click on the item in the list (rather than clicking SELECT ACTION button) - and that will work for the time being.

Regarding Auto-Render - I believe there are some brand new API functions and Actions which will allow this to be done automatically. Will look into soon.
sounds great!

-motto-
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 01:30 PM   #5915
Wilson

Default Replace whole FX chains

Hi, is there a way to replace the strip (the whole FX Chain in Reaper) by drag and drop the new strip preset in to the loaded one?
If I want to replace the whole plugin FX chain the only way I figured out is to open the Reapers FX chain window and delete all plugins and then in LBX Stripper on "Clear track strip data" and drag and drop the new preset in to LBX stripper. Is there an option or a shortcut for quick LBX stripper presets change?
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 02:19 PM   #5916
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Hi, is there a way to replace the strip (the whole FX Chain in Reaper) by drag and drop the new strip preset in to the loaded one?
If I want to replace the whole plugin FX chain the only way I figured out is to open the Reapers FX chain window and delete all plugins and then in LBX Stripper on "Clear track strip data" and drag and drop the new preset in to LBX stripper. Is there an option or a shortcut for quick LBX stripper presets change?
I can add a function to "clear track strip data + all fx" if that's useful?

How are you running stripper? LIVE mode or MIX mode - because there are various ways to easily delete individual strips with their fx but it depends on the mode.

In LIVE mode - hold Alt whilst over a strip - then double-click the red X (and as long as you have the setting "Delete FX with Strip" enabled) to delete strip and fx.

In MIX mode - you can Shift+click a strip switcher to delete it or the strip inside it (again with "Delete FX with Strip" option set). Currently there's a bug if you delete the last remaining switcher - but I'll fix this.

I assume you're also aware of the strip browser (0 shortcut) - for dragging in strips.

Last edited by lb0; 04-24-2019 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:53 PM   #5917
RJHollins

mmm ... learning something new.

thanks
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 03:09 PM   #5918
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
mmm ... learning something new.

thanks
Which bit
Old 04-24-2019, 03:10 PM   #5919
RJHollins

Here's a crazy idea ... yes I have many :|

I use STRIPPER mainly for my Nebula/N4 plugs. [mostly EQ's]

The idea.

Instead of building a 'complete', multi-band GUI interface ...

To be able to make just a Single Band, that we use the ReaMIDI plugin to call up the desired N4 Preset ... and the Knobs, buttons, sliders would calibrate to the N4 plugin. Obviously if the parameter order was different, that might not work.

It would require that the knob STEPs and GAUGE notation would auto-adapt [?]

WHY ... I never know which BAND or Curves may be needed ... until I'm into the Mastering session. Sometimes a specific PRESET has 2 [or more] needed Frequencies. Other-times, I may need several different SHELVES [or Bands].

To Drag-In a single Band Module at a time would be very useful. It would be like dynamically assembling an EQ interface according to needs.

Crazy.
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 03:24 PM   #5920
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Here's a crazy idea ... yes I have many :|

I use STRIPPER mainly for my Nebula/N4 plugs. [mostly EQ's]

The idea.

Instead of building a 'complete', multi-band GUI interface ...

To be able to make just a Single Band, that we use the ReaMIDI plugin to call up the desired N4 Preset ... and the Knobs, buttons, sliders would calibrate to the N4 plugin. Obviously if the parameter order was different, that might not work.

It would require that the knob STEPs and GAUGE notation would auto-adapt [?]

WHY ... I never know which BAND or Curves may be needed ... until I'm into the Mastering session. Sometimes a specific PRESET has 2 [or more] needed Frequencies. Other-times, I may need several different SHELVES [or Bands].

To Drag-In a single Band Module at a time would be very useful. It would be like dynamically assembling an EQ interface according to needs.

Crazy.
Well - you can already create separate (individual band) strips and simply use the strip browser to drag in whatever band you want. You can put them in folders like low filters/mid filters etc. or order them by hardware device or whatever.

Would be easy enough to create a basic template strip for N4 with the relevant controls - and then simply load in the N4 library you want - adjust things like gauges, and save as new strip - repeat for all bands.

Result - you have a whole collection of separate bands to drag in.

This way you don't really need ReaMIDI at all. N4 is loaded with the correct library for each strip.

In MIX mode - you can easily reorder via the main strip layout. In LIVE mode you can drag fx around using the FX Order dialog - shortcut 1.

EG:

Last edited by lb0; 04-24-2019 at 03:33 PM.