Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 05-02-2022, 12:01 PM   #881
cfillion
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by acebone View Post
I'm on Ubuntu 22.04
ReaPack's Linux prebuilt binaries aren't currently compatible with Ubuntu 22.04. https://github.com/cfillion/reapack/issues/47

Working on fixing that... In the meantime ReaPack can be built from source instead of using the binaries from the website (instructions in the link above).
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 08:57 AM   #882
acebone

Ok, so nothing unexpected then. I'll have a look at compiling myself, but do you have an idea about when you expect to have it 22.04-compatible?

BTW - this is my chance to thank you for Reapack, it's an incredible "Reaper-feature"

Edit: Compiled it, and it seems to work great. No menu-entry in the 'extensions' menu, but I can live without it

Last edited by acebone; 05-03-2022 at 09:13 AM.
acebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 12:49 PM   #883
glenn98827

Default Reapack timeout

Hello,

I'm looking for advice on how to troubleshoot a computer that can no longer synchronize ReaPack.

I have 2 computers that I'm using. Computer 1 (M1 MacBook running Big Sur)can install and synchronize the ReaPack packages normally, and the other (iMac Pro, Big Sur) has recently stopped being able to connect to ReaPack, receiving a timeout each time. Computer 2 is a fresh install of Big Sur, and I was able to use ReaPack for 2 weeks before it stopped synchronizing. I have been able to download manually and install a package. Both computers are connected to the same network, and I try to keep them as similar as possible, but I don't know what I may have disturbed on the iMac to make it no longer work.

Since I setup this iMac, I've installed several updates to Reaper, and today re-installed the ReaPack library, and also checked my firewall settings.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
glenn98827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 04:54 PM   #884
RJHollins

Question for the ReaPack Experts ...

Over the years of Reaper versions, I have saved and loaded the past Config file.

Now into v6.xx, and for some time, I have 'error' listed on the ReaPack error tab.

I've not noticed any issue ... AND, I never tried to fix [delete] something that doesn't appear broken.

To that ... How would one go about 'fixing' these listed errors ??

And if fixed? is it possible that something will then break ?

thanks for any insight.
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 05:24 PM   #885
RJHollins

for further detail, I should mention:

The predominate error message states:

"... is already owned by another package".

And for those counting at Home ... there are 44 error messages :|
Old 05-03-2022, 06:45 PM   #886
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
The predominate error message states:

"... is already owned by another package".

And for those counting at Home ... there are 44 error messages :|
You probably have obsolete packages still installed. Uninstall unused obsolete packages to let their replacement get installed without conflicts. By default ReaPack asks whether to uninstall them when synchronizing. They can also be seen in ReaPack -> Browse packages -> Type: Obsolete.
Old 05-03-2022, 08:00 PM   #887
RJHollins

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
You probably have obsolete packages still installed. Uninstall unused obsolete packages to let their replacement get installed without conflicts. By default ReaPack asks whether to uninstall them when synchronizing. They can also be seen in ReaPack -> Browse packages -> Type: Obsolete.
Hi cfillion ... I know you are one of the Experts here [read many of your post over the years].

Please excuse my [over] caution ... many current projects ... don;t need to pick a scab/issue.

I understand you to say that the 'new' functions or LUA code cannot be used because an old/outdated code is locking them out.

So DELETING these obsolete packages will then allow an AUTOMATIC replacement with the new ... all working !?!

As the caution continues ... Backup ... would a Export CONFIG protect me if, for whatever reason [oh ... its a computer] the ability to IMPORT back to my current [conflicted] state ? OR ... what is the best/safest way to proceed.

Thank you Sir!
Old 05-03-2022, 08:10 PM   #888
cfillion

Quote:
I understand you to say that the 'new' functions or LUA code cannot be used because an old/outdated code is locking them out.

So DELETING these obsolete packages will then allow an AUTOMATIC replacement with the new ... all working !?!
Yes, that is correct.

Quote:
As the caution continues ... Backup ... would a Export CONFIG protect me if, for whatever reason [oh ... its a computer] the ability to IMPORT back to my current [conflicted] state ? OR ... what is the best/safest way to proceed.
Safest is to make a copy of the entire resource directory (Options > Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder) because exported configurations (ReaperConfigZip) don't include everything.

You should be safe if you only uninstall obsolete packages that you're not actively using (eg. starting with those you don't recognize, or those mentioned in the error messages).
Old 05-03-2022, 10:27 PM   #889
RJHollins

Quote:
Yes, that is correct.

Safest is to make a copy of the entire resource directory (Options > Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder) because exported configurations (ReaperConfigZip) don't include everything.

You should be safe if you only uninstall obsolete packages that you're not actively using (eg. starting with those you don't recognize, or those mentioned in the error messages).
OK ... backup made.

Went to Browse Package, Obsolete. WOW, there must be over 100+ entries in the Obsolete list. I'll need to wait till some sleep happens before tackling this.

If the 'counter is correct, it shows: 851/3,339 in the Obsolete selection.

This would be a challenge to test/debug if removing these ... I wonder if it is really worth deleting these and taking the chance ?!?!

definitely not till after some sleep :|

Regardless ... Thanks cfillion for providing these details.
Old 05-09-2022, 04:06 PM   #890
juan_r

I am a simple ReaPack user - an enthusiastic one at that! I mean I never tried to set up a repository or submitted anything to someone else's repository.

I wish the procedure to release stuff ReaPack was easier. Many developers, quite strong in their DSP or scripting skills, are intimidated by my frequent (nagging? ) suggestions to "ReaPack it please!" and reply with "I have no idea how to go about that, sorry!".

That's a pity. Would it be feasible to create a template or something that a reasonably skilled programmer could feel at ease in learning to use?

Well, I just threw it there. Sorry if it a dumb/obvious suggestion and what I propose is impossible or just too time consuming.
juan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 04:09 PM   #891
daniellumertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_r View Post
I am a simple ReaPack user - an enthusiastic one at that! I mean I never tried to set up a repository or submitted anything to someone else's repository.

I wish the procedure to release stuff ReaPack was easier. Many developers, quite strong in their DSP or scripting skills, are intimidated by my frequent (nagging? ) suggestions to "ReaPack it please!" and reply with "I have no idea how to go about that, sorry!".

That's a pity. Would it be feasible to create a template or something that a reasonably skilled programmer could feel at ease in learning to use?

Well, I just threw it there. Sorry if it a dumb/obvious suggestion and what I propose is impossible or just too time consuming.
There actually is a template you can use in github and then use the created repository to upload your scripts, a bot should go after some minutes you made a commit and update index.xml . This is how I do it.

Here is the template
https://github.com/cfillion/reapack-repository-template
daniellumertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 05:33 PM   #892
juan_r

Thanks @daniellumerz, I'll quote your reply when I think it could help :-)
Old 05-09-2022, 05:49 PM   #893
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_r View Post
I wish the procedure to release stuff ReaPack was easier.
https://reapack.com/upload
Old 05-09-2022, 06:00 PM   #894
juan_r

...and thanks @cfillion!

As I've said, I've never tried (I hardly ever made anything ReaPack-worthy), but I'm often surprised when competent or very competent programmers appear to be reluctant to take on ReaPack, so I assumed it had to be a little difficult.

Taking a quick look at the links provided by @daniellumerz and you, it doesn't seem that hard, but what do I know?

Thanks again :-)
Old 05-10-2022, 12:41 PM   #895
strachupl

I thought of feature to inform you if there is a new repository on the site or display a list of repositories on the site in Reapack. I always don't know which I already have and which are new. If you would consider adding it, it would be great. Thank you.
strachupl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 11:18 AM   #896
vdubreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by strachupl View Post
I thought of feature to inform you if there is a new repository on the site or display a list of repositories on the site in Reapack. I always don't know which I already have and which are new. If you would consider adding it, it would be great. Thank you.
+1. I go through this regularly
Old 05-18-2022, 08:25 AM   #897
myucka

Default Certain Menus are not showing up

I have installed Reapack but I cannot get the Browse Repositores, or Manage Repositories window to open.

Synchronize packages works
Import Package window comes up and seems to work.

I have tried to delete and reinstall the Reapack.dll file as well as deleting the ReaPack folder.

When I click synchronize, it puts everything back the way it was prior to the deletion.

Edit: I thought that the recent update would fix it, but nope...still having the same issue.

Edit 2: So, nobody has this problem...interesting. Also, the About Reapack doesn't pop anything up.

Last edited by myucka; 07-13-2022 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Additional Information
myucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 10:09 PM   #898
kylepyke

Default ReaPack Connection Timeout when installing scripts [macOS]

I'm on macOS Big Sur, and I can't install or update any scripts because everything times out.

I can go directly to the web address (usually github) no problem in my browser. I've reinstalled reapack, given the reapack library permissions in macOS, bypassed my firewall, tried to run the traffic through a proxy, all to no avail. I even went as far as opening up the repository XMLs to dig out the web addresses of the assets I need, but they don't install properly without coming through reapack.

I'm out of ideas at this point, and I REALLY need to install some crucial scripts to finish my work.

Anyone have any ideas?
kylepyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 03:40 AM   #899
o_e

Hi,

What am I missing?

Found it out myself, sorry for the noise!

Last edited by o_e; 06-26-2022 at 03:59 AM.
o_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 04:03 AM   #900
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_e View Post
What was it?
Old 06-26-2022, 01:03 PM   #901
o_e

Quote:
What was it?
I'am on a mac, using Little Snitch to control my outgoing internet connections and it did block Reaper for reasons I do not exactly understand..
o_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 11:05 AM   #902
glenn98827

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_e View Post
Hi,
Did you find out any particular ports or services that were being blocked? I'm having a similar problem, now on 2 Macs. 1 I'm not running Little Snitch or anything like that, and even one machine is a fresh install. I believe there must be something in my network that is blocking the traffic, but I don't exactly know where to begin to troubleshoot this, as I can use GitHub in other ways.
Old 07-05-2022, 07:44 AM   #903
kylepyke

I did try running Little Snitch here. It looks like there aren't ANY outgoing connections from Reaper. Still having the same issue.

EDIT: Scratch that, I had a proxy configured in network settings. In any case, it's still not working. I see the outgoing connection in LS, but not data is exchanged. It reads 0 Bytes.

Any advice?
kylepyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:14 PM   #904
glenn98827

Magically, It it began working for me today on both of my machines. I updated to the latest 6.63 release, but no other tinkering or changes to my router or anything like that. I'm happy that I can use it again, but confused about what was happening.
Old 07-07-2022, 08:52 PM   #905
glenn98827

Something I've noticed today is depending on the project that is open in Reaper, my ability to synchronize ReaPack is affected. The projects that I'm currently testing all break my ability to synchronize and install from ReaPack. These sessions are kind of large being TV audio mixes. If I open a plan session or something with just a few tracks and plugins, I'm able to use ReaPack normally.

I'm curious if anyone else who is having troubles with ReaPack finds any similar behavior based on the currently opened project.
Old 07-30-2022, 11:33 PM   #906
Rockum

Default A package of packages?

I want to use Reaper in a classroom environment and wondered if it was possible to make a repository... of links to repositories. I want the students on the same page. It would be great if I could push those out to students with a single package containing a list of packages I wanted them to have installed.

Possible? If so, how? If not could it be added in the future?
Rockum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 03:03 AM   #907
Buy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockum View Post
I want to use Reaper in a classroom environment and wondered if it was possible to make a repository... of links to repositories. I want the students on the same page. It would be great if I could push those out to students with a single package containing a list of packages I wanted them to have installed.

Repository xml files are stored locally inside ReaPack\cache folder. I haven't tested this, but if they are copied to the same folder of another REAPER install, they may show up in the ReaPack list of repositories there.
Old 07-31-2022, 08:25 AM   #908
nofish

Quote:

I don't want to anticipate cfillion's reply on this but once there was a discussion what should be in the scope of a package manager and what not (the discussion was about uploading 'packages' which just contain descriptions of JSFXes though).

His suggestion of making a package containing an installable pdf (with links to repos in your case) would be a possibilty I guess.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....39#post2559939
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 08:29 AM   #909
cfillion

Quote:

ReaPack -> Manage repositories -> Import/export -> Offline archive
Old 08-08-2022, 07:00 PM   #910
grawlinson

I've just packaged reapack (and sws) and added them to the Arch Linux community repository. If there are any particular issues, feel free to PM me (or email, or open a bug report on the tracker).
grawlinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 11:18 PM   #911
mschnell

Welcome to the Reaper Forums !
What do you mean by this message ?
Is this going to be helpful for Reaper/Linux users ?

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 12:21 AM   #912
grawlinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Welcome to the Reaper Forums !
What do you mean by this message ?
Is this going to be helpful for Reaper/Linux users ?

-Michael
Rather than users managing the packages from the AUR, I'm responsible for keeping them up to date for the Arch Linux distribution.
grawlinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 07:14 AM   #913
juan_r

Hello, I finally made my own github ReaPack repository.
I used cfillion's template to set it up (Génial! Thanks!), so I won't pester you anymore with my pull requests

I assume my index.xml contents are updated automatically when I upload something new or update a file? Sometimes I get a notification from github about some workflow that failed, but apparently the files are there and can be downloaded with ReaPack - I tested. What's happening here?

The index page is at
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ju...ster/index.xml
I've already submitted a request on the repository list ( https://reapack.com/repos ) to add me to it.

Last edited by juan_r; 08-10-2022 at 07:50 AM.
Old 10-05-2022, 09:25 PM   #914
DreamDisease

Having an issue with Reapack, I keep getting the error: The following error occurred while creating a transaction: No such column pinned

I am using a mac mini M1 Monterey, running Reaper in Rosetta mode (to make older plugins work natively). I've downloaded the x86_64 and the ARM versions of Reapack. I have 2 menus for Reapack inside Reaper, but neither of them work. They load blank windows. It worked on my old mac. Ideas?
Old 10-05-2022, 09:41 PM   #915
cfillion

This would happen if running an older version of ReaPack after its database has been converted to v1.2.4.1.

Make sure both the x86_64 and ARM versions are up-to-date.
Old 10-06-2022, 12:23 AM   #916
DreamDisease

Thanks for the quick answer! One of them is 1.2.4.1 the other is 1.2.1, how do I update them? I also want to make sure I don't lose the actions/effects I installed via them in the past. Thanks!
Old 10-06-2022, 07:15 AM   #917
cfillion

Overwrite the old .dylib file with the latest one from the website. All user data is stored in other files.
Old 10-06-2022, 08:35 AM   #918
Buy One

Christian, what are the chances that some old pull requests will be resolved soon?
Old 10-08-2022, 12:21 PM   #919
DreamDisease

Thanks, it works now!
Old 10-12-2022, 08:14 AM   #920
domenic11

interesting information
domenic11 is offline   Reply With Quote