Old 04-10-2015, 12:31 PM   #401
FarBeyondMetal
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by the19thbear View Post
The thread is old and im just trying to find out if stuff is still available/works. Basically want reaper to look pretty mych like pro tools but more importnatnily act like it (editing, mouse behaviour etc).
Thanks
There are plenty of Pro Tools styled themes out there, my preference is Albertxxx's Pro Tools Gold theme, but to get the shortcuts and editing behavior even remotely similar to Pro Tools is quite a task. Luckily for you I started out on Pro Tools and did not want to learn a whole new set of shortcuts and workflows, so I am constantly modifying my REAPER settings to make them more like Pro Tools. Check out my guide to download and setup my config file. Please note this will only work out of the box on REAPER 4, for REAPER 5 the Playlist and Dynamic Punch functions do not work so some modifications have to be made.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=114434
FarBeyondMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 12:27 AM   #402
the19thbear

Thanks. I installed it.
I get PT shortcuts and a new theme, which is great!
, but the mouse behaviour i still not the same as in pro tools. Is there any way of getting it working like in pro tools? Right now "right click and drag" is more like what "left click and drag" should be doing. I cant seem to swap that under mouse bhaviour. Also i would like to doubleclick a region and that should select the whole region... small things like that

Thanks
the19thbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 06:00 AM   #403
FarBeyondMetal

I haven't messed around with the mouse modifiers for quite a while because it is pretty in depth and I have gotten used to the way I have mine set up. Maybe somebody else can chime in.
FarBeyondMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:13 AM   #404
beingmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by the19thbear View Post
Thanks. I installed it.
I get PT shortcuts and a new theme, which is great!
, but the mouse behaviour i still not the same as in pro tools. Is there any way of getting it working like in pro tools? Right now "right click and drag" is more like what "left click and drag" should be doing. I cant seem to swap that under mouse bhaviour. Also i would like to doubleclick a region and that should select the whole region... small things like that

Thanks
I think you'll get used to it pretty quickly. Reaper isn't PT, so you simply have to deal with *some* differences
Old 04-13-2015, 01:27 PM   #405
the19thbear

Sure. I can get used to it. But if you could change it I would be even more happy
the19thbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:35 AM   #406
Mod Bod

I'd love to see this theme brought back into focus and have a bit more PT11 slant to it. Mainly, the ability to colorize the entire Mixer track strip like this:

http://www.gatortraks.com/images/Mix%20View.JPG

I happen to find that a PT styled skin is easier for me to read as well as making me feel a little more at home.

http://www.gatortraks.com
Mod Bod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 04:00 PM   #407
aspiringSynthesisingAlch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolian View Post
Done .....

The rar file now has

*ReaperThemeZip
*ReaperConfigZip
*ReaperKeyMap

The KeyMap is included because the configzip doesnt always set the kc's right.

You will know if the kc's are mapped right if Ctrl+= is mapped to show/hide mixer.

Will fix asap
Hopefully this will finally be finished by v4 release
is this still an issue (with reaper 5 in general)?

trying to 'get' keymaps + menu's, actions and themes... failing, but prevailing!
aspiringSynthesisingAlch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 07:07 PM   #408
Aeolian

It wont work ... it was done at the time of v4 beta ... there has been a million updates since then.

I left it in the stash so any brave themers could dive in and update it, which a few did, and you should grab them from the stash and use those instead.

Or you could grab Alberts Gold version, which is pretty damn sweet, also in the stash.

In short, the original ptwaltered is totally outdated, and is really only of interest to advanced themers.