Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 04-30-2019, 11:51 PM   #761
mschnell
Human being with feelings

Default CSI

Hi cfillion,
Maybe you might want to comment on and help with this -> https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....3&page=72#2850
Thanks,
-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 04:36 AM   #762
juliansader

I got this strange error message after uploading new versions of a few scripts to ReaTeam GitHub:
Quote:
Done: Job Cancelled

This job was cancelled because the "Auto Cancellation" feature is currently enabled, and a more recent build (#2105) for branch master came in while this job was waiting to be processed.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 05:29 AM   #763
cfillion

I highly recommend using https://reapack.com/upload instead of writing the metadata and pushing commits directly on GitHub now.

"Auto Cancellation" aborts pending jobs when a newer commit is pushed before they're done to save time. The build for the latest commit failed because of:

Code:
1) MIDI Editor/js_Mouse editing - Arch and Tilt.lua failed:
  file not found 'js_Mouse editing - Arch and tilt.cur'
2) MIDI Editor/js_Panic - Stop all keystroke intercepts by scripts.lua failed:
  missing tag 'version'

Last edited by cfillion; 05-08-2019 at 06:03 AM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 06:15 AM   #764
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
2) MIDI Editor/js_Panic - Stop all keystroke intercepts by scripts.lua failed:
missing tag 'version'
Ugh, how stupid of me. Everything's now fine.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:46 AM   #765
romeo_despres

Hi,

Since I installed ReaPack, the auto-generated ReaScript API documentation says some new functions are available (e.g. ReaPack_AboutInstalledPackage), including for Python.

Yet I can't find how to import those functions and use them in actual Python ReaScripts. The only way I've found so far is to write myself a CFUNCTYPE wrapper around the C function available in reaper_python._ft['ReaPack_AboutInstalledPackage']... Am I missing something?

(Note: I have asked this question on a dedicated thread, but I copy it here to draw attention from competent people Maybe it's better to reply there for anyone having the same problem in the future)
romeo_despres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:24 AM   #766
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeo_despres View Post
The only way I've found so far is to write myself a CFUNCTYPE wrapper around the C function available in reaper_python._ft['ReaPack_AboutInstalledPackage']...
That's the correct way to use extension-provided API functions in Python ReaScripts.
Old 05-17-2019, 12:31 AM   #767
romeo_despres

Ok thanks! I guess I was looking for something pre-made like sws did with their "sws_python.py".
romeo_despres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:31 AM   #768
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Under which license does ReaPack live?
And is it ok, if I add it to the installation-package of our Ultraschall-Podcast extension?
I want to integrate ReaPack in a way, that new users can download updates of Ultraschall without having to install ReaPack first by hand, as many of our users are not familiar enough with that.

And some other things, how difficult would it be to add an action, that allows automatic-closing of the dialogs? I would love to build an installer for our updater, and would love to put e.g. the "new extension installed"-dialog into it so the UI stays consistent.
I could do this via a hack using Julian's extension, but would want to avoid that.

And, is there a way to get somehow the errors happening, the last time ReaPack has synchronized? Would love to be able to deal with errors happening.

On vacation for the time being...
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:26 AM   #769
DaveKeehl

Hi, I just started doing some scripts in lua for reaper and I wanted to know how I can add my own github repo to be used inside ReaPack. Can someone help me?

This is my repo: https://github.com/DaveKeehl/ReaScripts
Old 05-26-2019, 10:51 AM   #770
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Cfillion posted useful links in his answer to my same question.
You can find it at: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=724

The third answered question.

Old 05-30-2019, 06:53 AM   #771
nofish

Quote:
The index can be hosted outside of the repository, in another repository or a secondary branch though.
Just to make sure, all of these would require changing my current repo import link and all users to update it in ReaPack?
If so, I think it wouldn't be worth it, just for a cleaner repo.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:05 PM   #772
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mespotine View Post
Under which license does ReaPack live?
And is it ok, if I add it to the installation-package of our Ultraschall-Podcast extension?
I want to integrate ReaPack in a way, that new users can download updates of Ultraschall without having to install ReaPack first by hand, as many of our users are not familiar enough with that.
LGPL v3. I don't mind having a copy of ReaPack included in a free installation package. If ReaPack can be useful pre-packaged that way, then that's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKeehl View Post
Hi, I just started doing some scripts in lua for reaper and I wanted to know how I can add my own github repo to be used inside ReaPack. Can someone help me?

This is my repo: https://github.com/DaveKeehl/ReaScripts
The easiest way is to use the package editor at https://reapack.com/upload to upload to the stock ReaTeam repositories.

If you prefer managing and promoting your own repository, then check out reapack-index and the index format documentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Just to make sure, all of these would require changing my current repo import link and all users to update it in ReaPack?
That's right. Though there's also the possibility of moving the code instead of moving the index (eg. to an unrelated branch)... but that may end up being more confusing than useful.

Last edited by cfillion; 05-30-2019 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:15 AM   #773
Meo-Ada Mespotine

I'm experimenting with ReaPack again recently and noticed, that file:/// seems not be accepted by ReaPack 1.2.2, only in 1.2.1. Is this a bug or intentionally?

I also tried to make an automatic web-installer for our Ultraschall-podcast-extension and I stumbled over an issue on Mac.

When I downloaded the installer-files, ReaPack opens the windows "ReaPack Notice" and a transaction-protocol.
On Windows, I managed to get and close them automatically, so I can move on with the installation-procedure automatically, as background-scripts still run.
On Mac, however, these dialogs stop all ReaScripts from working, until I closed them by hand.
So I wonder, is there a way to synchronize without the dialogs, somehow?

Even funnier, when I close the ReaPack Notice-dialog, the JS-extension still finds the hwnd of the window, as if it's still there.
Even ValidatePtr sees it as valid pointer.

The code I used to check this, is the following one:

Code:
function main()
  C=reaper.time_precise()
  A=reaper.JS_Window_Find("ReaPack Notice", true)
  B=reaper.ValidatePtr(A, "HWND*")
  --if A~=nil then reaper.JS_Window_Destroy(A) end
  reaper.defer(main)
end

main()
The A should be nil and the B should be false in this case.
Have no idea, whether it's an issue in JS-extension or Reaper, but when I try to do something with the "found hwnd", Reaper crashes, so it seems not to be there, somehow.

Is there a way around that?

Thanks

Old 06-11-2019, 06:48 AM   #774
cfillion

Quote:
I'm experimenting with ReaPack again recently and noticed, that file:/// seems not be accepted by ReaPack 1.2.2, only in 1.2.1. Is this a bug or intentionally?
Confirmed, all protocols except http(s) are accidentally disabled in v1.2.2's build of curl (only on Windows). Fixing...

As for the "ReaPack Notice" dialog for reminding users to restart REAPER after installing a package of the Extension type, which is a standard Win32 OS message box, SWELL is responsible of managing any related HWND (if any) on macOS/Linux. Maybe AppleScript would be able to close it (ugly hack though)?

The best solution would be to mark packages which only contains scripts as Script packages (defaults to writing to the Scripts folder unless overridden per-file). Then the restart notice dialog is not displayed.

Last edited by cfillion; 06-11-2019 at 06:54 AM.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:08 AM   #775
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Quote:
Confirmed, all protocols except http(s) are accidentally disabled in v1.2.2's build of curl (only on Windows). Fixing...
Thanks

Quote:
As for the "ReaPack Notice" dialog for reminding users to restart REAPER after installing a package of the Extension type, which is a standard Win32 OS message box, SWELL is responsible of managing any related HWND (if any) on macOS/Linux. Maybe AppleScript would be able to close it (ugly hack though)?

The best solution would be to mark packages which only contains scripts as Script packages (defaults to writing to the Scripts folder unless overridden per-file). Then the restart notice dialog is not displayed.

Hmm...would be a workaround but only, if I don't install extension-updates as well, which we sometimes need to do with our own plugin.
The reason is, that I want to auto-restart it after it's done downloading, as the process I'm working on does this anyway.

Applescript or maybe Automator would be an option, but the problems I had with it, let me fear more problems than actual solutions

What about an entry in reapack.ini, which I can set? Like "show_finished_dialogs=true|false", so I can suppress the dialog temporarily and reset afterwards?
Checking for successful download can be done otherwise, so this would help me tons with that.

BTW: can I put a versionnumber for each file individually into a index-file, without having to create individual ReaPack-parts for them?
That way, I could optimize updating, so only changed files would be downloaded.

Oh...and...one Feature Request: an API-function, which allows me to get the currently installed ReaPack-version.
I think about building up a basic versioncheck-library for scripters, so they can show "xxx-plugin version xyz is missing" messages, which is far better for endusers than cryptic Lua-nilvalue-errors.
For that, I would need to check for the ReaPack-versionnumber as well.

Thanks

Old 07-04-2019, 10:52 PM   #776
Ruxton

Is it possible for a reapack item to depend on another? so that when I install that item, it installs another?
Old 07-05-2019, 10:06 AM   #777
X-Raym

@Ruxton
Yes, this is the Provide systems. A package can record several others, and they will bz download with the master one. Works for any files (graphics, preset files etc).
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 08:18 AM   #778
X-Raym

Default FX Presets

Hi,

How to Reapack-Index FX Presets ?

Geraintluff is able to provide presets via reapack but I dont know, it seems it involves the .rpl files but I have no idea for the next.

Thx !
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:26 AM   #779
Lokasenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruxton View Post
Is it possible for a reapack item to depend on another? so that when I install that item, it installs another?
A package can install additional files, but NOT other ReaPack packages. I've been asking for the latter for a while so that scripts using my GUI can install it themselves.
Old 07-08-2019, 05:59 AM   #780
geraintluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
Geraintluff is able to provide presets via reapack but I dont know, it seems it involves the .rpl files but I have no idea for the next.
I answered this over PM, but copying here for the record:

If you include a file in the same directory, with the same filename as your JSFX, plus an extra ".rpl", REAPER will pre-load those plugins. E.g. if your effect is called "my-effect.jsfx", your preset file should be "my-effect.jsfx.rpl" (both extensions) installed in the same directory.

Here's the post where Justin explained it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
A package can install additional files, but NOT other ReaPack packages. I've been asking for the latter for a while so that
scripts using my GUI can install it themselves.
Standard warning here about versioning complications. Probably fine if your package is guaranteed to never deprecate an API, or require an additional setup step/argument.

I ended up with all of my effects installing separate copies of any shared resources in their own package, but my extra dependencies are fairly lightweight, and that probably won't work in all situations.
Old 07-08-2019, 06:27 AM   #781
Lokasenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraintluff View Post
I ended up with all of my effects installing separate copies of any shared resources in their own package, but my extra dependencies are fairly lightweight, and that probably won't work in all situations.
The alternative is version fragmentation - I've had major bug fixes a few times that I still got complaints about after the fact because the scripter was running an old version of my GUI.

I'd rather have everyone using the same one and trust myself to use semantic versioning appropriately.
Old 07-08-2019, 06:58 AM   #782
geraintluff

Yeah, that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
I'd rather have everyone using the same one and trust myself to use semantic versioning appropriately.
Ah, cool - assuming ReaPack doesn't have a way to transparently install multiple versions at once, would you release a whole separate package for major versions (separate ReaPack entry)?
Old 07-08-2019, 08:16 AM   #783
Lokasenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraintluff View Post
Ah, cool - assuming ReaPack doesn't have a way to transparently install multiple versions at once, would you release a whole separate package for major versions (separate ReaPack entry)?
Yup; that's really the only way to handle it with what we have.
Old 07-28-2019, 09:13 AM   #784
timothys_monster

If I want to move my REAPER config from one machine to the other, do I just export everything from Preferences and import it on the other machine? Or do I have to install extension plugins like SWS and JS API manually?
timothys_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 10:15 PM   #785
mschnell

What am I doing wrong with the one -> https://github.com/ReaTeam/JSFX/pull/128
I uploaded it via the upload tool and see no notion / or reply on it.

Thanks,
-Michael
Old 08-07-2019, 04:37 AM   #786
mschnell

Still nothing going with -> https://github.com/ReaTeam/JSFX/pull/128 ?!?!?
-Michael
Old 08-07-2019, 10:11 AM   #787
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothys_monster View Post
If I want to move my REAPER config from one machine to the other, do I just export everything from Preferences and import it on the other machine? Or do I have to install extension plugins like SWS and JS API manually?
Same platform? Yes. Different platform(Win to Mac, Mac to Win), it's probably better to reinstall the ReaPack-installed-extensions again.
I think, exporting the configuration should include your ReaPack-settings as well. You would need to reinstall ReaPack again and your ReaPack-"subscriptions" should(!) be there again after restart.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:42 PM   #788
JamesPeters

Quote:
I think, exporting the configuration should include your ReaPack-settings as well.
It does not. Reapack has a provision for backup in its own menu though. If you don't do that, even if you've backed up all your scripts the following will happen: after installing Reapack on the new OS and putting all the (backed-up) scripts and JS plugins back in, Reapack won't realize that any of them which had been installed via Reapack, so you'll have to use Reapack to remove/reinstall them and rebuild its registry. That info (Reapack's index of installed scripts/plugins that it knows to manage/update) is kept in a folder named "Reapack" (in a file named registry.db) in the Reaper resource directory, and that's not backed up when exporting preferences.

Also you can do what I eventually started doing: back up (by simply copying and/or zipping) everything in the "Reaper resource path" (which is located by going to Reaper's menu and choosing options -> Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder). All themes, scripts, JS plugins, and all the data for how you configure Reaper: it's all in there. It's faster than exporting preferences, but it means you have to know what you want backed up (in my case, I want everything backed up always). The worst-case scenario for this method of backup is that the new configuration doesn't quite work somehow and you have to delete some .ini file or another (but if you have your stuff backed up, you can always "start fresh" and add .ini files as you need them).

And if you switch to a different OS, yes you'd have to remove the parts which aren't compatible (SWS, FFMPEG, Reapack, js_reascriptAPI - all those .dll or .so files) and install native versions for the OS. But the rest--including all the info for Reapack (its own database of what's installed)--will be retained.

Last edited by JamesPeters; 04-02-2020 at 01:35 AM.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 06:06 PM   #789
todd_r

I've been getting the following errors lately, any idea whats up?

ReaTeam Scripts/FX/Monitoring FX bypass bundle (bypass, unbypass or toggle) v1.1.1:
Conflict: Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\FX\cfillion_Toggle monitoring FX 1 bypass.lua is already owned by another package

ReaTeam Scripts/FX/Monitoring FX bypass bundle (bypass, unbypass or toggle) v1.1.1:
Conflict: Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\FX\cfillion_Toggle monitoring FX 2 bypass.lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\FX\cfillion_Toggle monitoring FX 3 bypass.lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\FX\cfillion_Toggle monitoring FX 4 bypass.lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\FX\cfillion_Toggle monitoring FX 5 bypass.lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\FX\cfillion_Toggle monitoring FX 6 bypass.lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\FX\cfillion_Toggle monitoring FX 7 bypass.lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\FX\cfillion_Toggle monitoring FX 8 bypass.lua is already owned by another package
todd_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 06:15 PM   #790
Meo-Ada Mespotine

@JamesPeters
Yes, you're right. I just thought about the reapack.ini, which holds the "subscribed" packages but forgot about the database.
Good point.

@Todd
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_r View Post

Conflict: Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\FX\cfillion_Toggle monitoring FX 1 bypass.lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\FX\cfillion_Toggle monitoring FX 2 bypass.lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\FX\cfillion_Toggle monitoring FX 3 bypass.lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\FX\cfillion_Toggle monitoring FX 4 bypass.lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\FX\cfillion_Toggle monitoring FX 5 bypass.lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\FX\cfillion_Toggle monitoring FX 6 bypass.lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\FX\cfillion_Toggle monitoring FX 7 bypass.lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\FX\cfillion_Toggle monitoring FX 8 bypass.lua is already owned by another package
Can you post a screenshot of the repositories you have in your ReaPack?

Old 08-07-2019, 06:27 PM   #791
todd_r

Quote:
@JamesPeters
Yes, you're right. I just thought about the reapack.ini, which holds the "subscribed" packages but forgot about the database.
Good point.

@Todd

Can you post a screenshot of the repositories you have in your ReaPack?
Yep...

Attached Images
File Type: png sniip.PNG (45.7 KB, 843 views)
todd_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:47 AM   #792
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Still nothing going with -> https://github.com/ReaTeam/JSFX/pull/128 ?!?!?
-Michael
Merged, sorry for the delay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_r View Post

"Toggle monitoring FX bypass (8 actions)" has been replaced by "Monitoring FX bypass bundle (bypass, unbypass or toggle)". Uninstall the old one from the package browser to allow the new one to be installed.
Old 08-16-2019, 04:50 AM   #793
mschnell

Quote:
sorry for the delay.
Don'T Be !
Michael
Old 09-06-2019, 11:44 AM   #794
DrTT

Default ReaPack: Package Manager for REAPER (developer thread)

Hello Christian,

first of all thanks for your fine software!

I have two questions:
  • Is it possible to place the package files into some arbitrary subdirectory of their category directory?
    I would like to place JSFX effect files plus others into directory "Effects/XXX/YYY", but ReaPack requires the strict sequence «category name»/«index name»+type/«package name»/«relative file name» (I checked this in the source). Is there any trick to put files into freely selected subdirectories by using the file attribute of "source" creatively?
  • The libcurl library does not allow a "file://" URL; but this would be helpful for locally testing the ReaPack installation of a package in the local file system.
    Or is there another way to do this without uploading the package to some internet storage like git?
Best regards,

DrTT
DrTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:18 PM   #795
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTT View Post
Or is there another way to do this without uploading the package to some internet storage like git?
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=501
(iiuc)
Old 09-07-2019, 08:52 AM   #796
DrTT

Hello nofish,

thanks for the hint! I had tried the "file://" protocol before, but failed.
But the percent-encoding proposed in the mentioned post
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=501 does also not work.

I tried to do the same with a harmless target directory and get the error message:
Download failed: Unsupported protocol (1): Protocol "file" not
supported or disabled in libcurl
file:///tmp/JSFXSOX/index.xml
My naive assumption is that libcurl is statically embedded into ReaPack.
Any ideas?

Best regards,
DrTT
Old 09-07-2019, 09:09 AM   #797
nofish

Quote:
I had tried the "file://" protocol before, but failed.
I missed that somehow in your previous post, sorry.
No other idea then unfortunately.

Last edited by nofish; 09-08-2019 at 08:25 AM.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:45 PM   #798
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Quote:
Hello nofish,

thanks for the hint! I had tried the "file://" protocol before, but failed.
But the percent-encoding proposed in the mentioned post
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=501 does also not work.

I tried to do the same with a harmless target directory and get the error message:
Download failed: Unsupported protocol (1): Protocol "file" not
supported or disabled in libcurl
file:///tmp/JSFXSOX/index.xml
My naive assumption is that libcurl is statically embedded into ReaPack.
Any ideas?

Best regards,
DrTT
file:/// doesn't work in the current ReaPack due a bug I already reported to cfillion.
You can, for the time being, use the previous version of it, where file:/// worked.

Old 09-12-2019, 01:32 PM   #799
DrTT

Hello mespotine,

you wrote:
Quote:
file:/// doesn't work in the current ReaPack due a bug I already reported to cfillion.
You can, for the time being, use the previous version of it, where file:/// worked.
Fine, I shall give it a try.

Best regards
DrTT
Old 11-02-2019, 10:58 AM   #800
n0ne

Hi guys!

Such an awesome tool, thanks so much for all the time and effort!

I've been trying to get this to work all day, have read about 50% of this thread so please excuse me if I repeat something. Not sure if these are bugs or if I'm doing something wrong... however, two things I noticed:

* On a fresh install on Windows 10 I could not get Reapack-index to work due to a Rugged error. Installing Rugged 0.27.0 first did the trick.

* I've been staring at this all night, so might be overlooking something simple. But I could not get the indexer to add multiple files this way:
Code:
--[[
 * Author: Jerimma
 * Version: 1.0.17
 * provides:
    inc/include.lua
    inc/wtf.lua
    inc/mur.lua
--]]
However, this does work:
Code:
--[[